Generation
    4th Gen

'96 Prelude Revamp Suggestions

I've got a '96 4th gen blue Prelude that's been my trusty knockabout for the last 8 or so years. It had one owner previous who hardly used it so its still in good nick but is looking a little tired nevertheless now its 20 years old. To my knowledge, the previous owner did not make any physical alterations from when he bought the car as new. I had new rims fitted a few years after I bought it and I've had the odd faulty part replaced. Its not caused me too many headaches with repairs considering how long I've had it. As i've never done anything else to vamp it up I thought it was about time I gave it an overhaul. I don't see much point trading it in for a new one and it still has pretty good looks in my opinion. A bit of jazzing up on the interior and exterior should help to give it a new lease of life to see me through the next 8 years. I'm after suggestions on alterations I can make to help revamp it like body kitting on the exterior and things I can add to modernize it a bit interior wise? There's an alright classified ads site that I've found with Prelude parts for sale so I've been trying to find a bit of inspiration from there. Maybe time for some more new alloys again too. I don't really know at the moment what I am willing to spend but I am happy to pump a bit of money into it as it does deserve it after how well its served me. I know very little about cars in general other than what I've picked up here and there over the years. That's probably why I've not found the drive sooner to do anything with my Prelude. I am trying to take a bit more of an interest now though that I'm getting a bit older, especially as my job now calls for longer hours spent in the car.
    Last edited by itsascreamer; 23rd June 2016 at 01:11 AM.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Anyone have any thoughts on what I can do, would appreciate some advice? thanks again.

Administrator
    Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    Hey man! thanks for the questions. I guess the real question we would have is what are you aiming for with the car? what sort of style do you like and is it still going to be a full street lude? everyone has different styles and different ideas and what i like to do to mine is going to be different to what others will do to theirs.

Currently, exterior wise I have a front lip (unknown brand) and an accord rear lip, plus aftermarket headlights, matt black paint (i know i know. dont judge me) plus im running 16" meshies with relatively low offset. Oh and i have a little m3 style boot lip. It is also lowered on coilvers but i wont go into that now (feel free to shoot me a pm if interested in talking more).

For my interior, ive tried to stick with a black and red theme so my shift boot and hand brake boot are black with red stitching. Ive also got black recaros that also have red stitching. apart from that, the rest of my interior consists of gauges on the dash, a couple of switches and controllers and thats about it. My boot no longer has lining or sub and amp and im not longer running rear seats either.

And then there is my bad....well...lets not go there. Ive probably spent more time in my engine bay than i have in the drivers seat haha.

so basically, just pick a look or a theme you want to go with and start having some fun. Also its amazing what some little touches can do eg. paint your windscreen wipers black to freshen them up, paint your brake calipers red or something to make them stand out or even just touching up some faded items.

Hope ive helped feel free to PM me here or add me on FB