Thread: Sunroof seal

Generation
    4th Gen

Sunroof seal

Just noticed that the front passenger side of my sunroofs outer seal has small tear and got paranoid of leaks etc. Can you buy just the outer seal or do i have to dab some black sealant till i fork out for a another sunroof. As before thanks guys for any input.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    You can buy a new seal, it would probably cost around $100 delivered from Japan. I use JP-Carparts.com for this sort of thing. You could also try your friendly neighbourhood Honda dealership but will probably end up costing much more.

The sunroofs on these things do leak, but there is a gutter internally that drains to outside the car via a hose. So long as the hose isn't blocked water will make its way out without leaking into the interior.
    Symmons Plains - 1:12.280

Generation
    4th Gen
    I will hit up Honda for a shocking price when i can I'll do a temp fix for now it's been raining a lot up here. I did read somewhere to check the drain tubes il get on to that as well still haven't taken my carpet out yet lazy days.... Thanks again tassie

Generation
    4th Gen
    Quote Originally Posted by Saywhat View Post
    I will hit up Honda for a shocking price when i can I'll do a temp fix for now it's been raining a lot up here. I did read somewhere to check the drain tubes il get on to that as well still haven't taken my carpet out yet lazy days.... Thanks again tassie
    How did you get on? I've been getting a bit of water ingress when it rains hard so would be interested to know whether you forked out for a new seal and how much it cost you in the end if you did? My problem has been happening for the last 2 odd years and I've never bothered really addressing it as its only a problem when we get really heavy showers so must be a very small leak. Been a little worse the last 6 months so might get the seal replaced if it won't break the bank.