Generation
    5th Gen

Suspension question

Hey guys n girls,
    I'm new to the world of Honda's and was after some advice in regards to the front springs and shocks, I have a 98 VVTi Auto, The cars handles excellent on smoother roads but the front suspension can't cope with the bumps. Even at low speeds the tyres rub on the plastic covers in the wheel well and all to often it bottoms out hitting the under tray.

From what i can see it has pedders shocks in the rear and assume the front has the same matched with std springs, any advice on which way to go with an upgrade would be muchly appreciated.

Cheers
    MATT

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTI-R
    Hey Matt, Welcome to Prelude Australia!

Are you after a factory stock height? If so and on a tight budget, you could possibly grab a pair of second hand shocks and springs. From what I've seen and experienced, Pedders are quite expensive having been quoted for coilovers $1800 or so plus fitting.. that's coilovers though, shocks and springs could be different and a lot more cheaper.

If you're after a slight lowered look, you could go with king springs + shocks. I had been quoted $450 last year (Ozzy Tyres) so prices could vary from then to now, but it shouldn't be too much of a difference.

Me personally, I would have all 4 shocks and springs changed given if the car has done higher K's unless there's proof that it had been changed recently.

P.S. what colour is your Prelude?
    1997 Honda Prelude BB6 - Taffeta White NH - 578
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book."
    Moog, Mighty Car Mods.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Hey Zak, thanks for the welcome.

would rather keep it simple, been thinking king springs with some better shockies, tryin to keep it cheap as i spent way to much money on cars in my life (motorsport is expensive). would like to keep the ground clearance as close to stock as possible knowing that king springs will lower it a bit. i was manly wondering if others have the bottoming out issue with there cars?

as for my one, it says its green but looks black or grey depending on the light lol ( can't seem to upload a pic ??)

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTI-R
    King springs won't give it a massive drop, just about 1.5"..

Ahahah, for pictures you click on insert image above ^ and locate your photo. I would use basic uploader as it's easier imo lol.
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book."
    Moog, Mighty Car Mods.

Generation
    5th Gen
    is there a size limit to the basic up loader? my pic is just under 700mb, i get a red" !" and no pic..... it also won't let me post a link to Photobucket?? dam all this technology, give me a set of points and a carbie any day!!!

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTI-R
    Damn, 700MB?!

If it's that big, I assume there is hahaha
    Moog, Mighty Car Mods.

Generation
    5th Generation
    Model
    VTEC
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    Hey Zak, thanks for the welcome.

would rather keep it simple, been thinking king springs with some better shockies, tryin to keep it cheap as i spent way to much money on cars in my life (motorsport is expensive). would like to keep the ground clearance as close to stock as possible knowing that king springs will lower it a bit. i was manly wondering if others have the bottoming out issue with there cars?

as for my one, it says its green but looks black or grey depending on the light lol ( can't seem to upload a pic ??)
    welcome, im guessing eucalyptus green? awesome colour. i have one too lol
    FS: JDM Fogs, Injen CAI, Koyo radiator, Car brasss, spare parts + heaps more!!!

PM me if interested