Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTI-R

Zane's 5th Gen Prelude! (NSW, Central Coast)

Hey guys!

Purchased my first manual transmission car 2 weeks ago from this post and I decided to start tinkering with it immediately. Took me 3 days to master Manual, and the following 2 days learning to smooth the clutch and really get the feeling for it. Survived in Sydney and New Castle CBD in peak hour traffic (leg day - I feel bad for people with heavy duty clutches that try daily lmao!) Anyway, photos!

Car when I first purchased it:

(Don't mind my brother giving the finger, Nissan fanboy lol)

I swapped the car into my name 2 days later as well as got some black and white plates. Following that, I ordered some "17 wheels for it and they arrived 5 days later!

Overall I plan to keep this car clean.

Coil-overs are next since the wheels are rubbing with the current springs when two people are sitting in the car as you can hear in the video.
    Previous owner left slight crunches on 3rd gear which sucks but it's barely noticeable. Honda's are known for weak gearboxes apparently so I'll swap that out when it becomes un-bearable.
    I will be rebuilding the engine at 280,000ks. Won't be building much power due to the fact I'm on my P's and I'd rather turbo a drift project I have in mind on the Toyota side of my car life.

'Le Mods
    H22Z1-vtec engine, Cold Air Intake modification, previous owner repainted the cars original color, 2x AMPs with a Sub-woofer and 17' HUSSLA mags. Other than that everything else is stock! Watch the video in HD

Video:

Update:
    Going to start a build thread soon! Be on the lookout

I'm new to the Coast, if there are any car meets local in Newcastle or Sydney, or the Coast itself do hit me up with a PM! Would love to meet up with fellow enthusiasts, check some rides out and learn a few things about the Prelude itself
    Last edited by Zane; 19th January 2016 at 03:25 PM.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTI-R
    Seems good man.

I think I might have seen that Prelude for sale on Carsales once before (stock form), but I could but mistaken.

Welcome to the Prelude life!
    1997 Honda Prelude BB6 - Taffeta White NH - 578
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book."
    Moog, Mighty Car Mods.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTI-R
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak View Post
    Seems good man.

I think I might have seen that Prelude for sale on Carsales once before (stock form), but I could but mistaken.

Welcome to the Prelude life!
    Probably was! Previous owner only had this car for 3 months and it was a shocker when I received it, dude didn't know anything about general maintenance, oils were dirt black and hadn't been changed but because the previous owner before him maintained the car VERY well (clean and all!), it was a good trade/deal I arranged in the end!

Thanks anyway bud! Hope to meet ya at a future Prelude event and check out your sweet ride (white's my favorite color for the 5th gens)

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTI-R
    Main thing now is that the Prelude is in better hands and will be treated, serviced etc like it should!

And thanks man, likewise
    1997 Honda Prelude BB6 - Taffeta White NH - 578
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book."
    Moog, Mighty Car Mods.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    Man the crossover reminds me so much of my old Prelude.
    Lived The Prelude Life 13/11/13 - 15/09/15
    1998 Prelude VTi-R - Supermarine Blue B-84
    H22A4, 5pd - Basic 'I wanna hear my VTEC' Modifications