Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    Quote Originally Posted by mokhkw View Post
    I'm hoping to get access to the shop where my lude is being worked on when they have a break for xmas so I can install the headlights, OEM foggies, EL dash etc. But that also depends on work as well...

Here's some pics of the back of the passengers side with and without the rubber boot. Hard to get a photo of the top screws inside the housing and a flexi driver would be needed - Cheap A Chips has one for $8 but they have no images so I'm guessing its just the flexi extension itself with no bits. I have a Stanley 10 Piece Flexi Screwdriver Set but they don't sell them in Oz(?) so I got mine from the UK for $30.

If you check out eBay you can get the extension only for $3-5 ex Hong Kong

Attachment 8784Attachment 8785Attachment 8786Attachment 8787Attachment 8788

http://www.justparts.com/Auto_Parts/...PAIR-/20741038

$199.15 USD. You would have to get a quote for shipping but I'm guessing it will be better than what Andys can offer, I've found them and CARiD to be the most expensive when it comes to shipping ex-USA.

Seller is listed as Dimension Labs so maybe you can contact them about the RHS fitment.
    Thanks Mokhkw - I'm about to buy a set off Ebay I think - their price is really good. From memory Andys Auto Parts wanted about $250 US for freight - totally ridiculous! Just gotta get the Aircon repairs out of the way - I expect it's going to be $500+
    Last edited by steve-gee; 9th December 2015 at 10:18 PM.
    Eternity - the wrong thing to be wrong about.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    Hard to get a photo of the top screws inside the housing and a flexi driver would be needed - Cheap A Chips has one for $8 but they have no images so I'm guessing its just the flexi extension itself with no bits. If you check out eBay you can get the extension only for $3-5 ex Hong Kong.
    Thanks again Mokhkw! The tool you mention - is that to loosen the fasteners; so that you can switch the lens/bulb aiming mechanism? I saw an article online once; where a guy put his headlamp shells in the oven at 121C and eventually prised them open. He then altered the cast alloy aimers inside - so that it went from JDM (RH drive) to USDM (LH drive)

Not too sure that I'd want to go that drastic though??

Steve

Generation
    4th Gen
    Quote Originally Posted by steve-gee View Post
    Thanks again Mokhkw! The tool you mention - is that to loosen the fasteners; so that you can switch the lens/bulb aiming mechanism? I saw an article online once; where a guy put his headlamp shells in the oven at 121C and eventually prised them open. He then altered the cast alloy aimers inside - so that it went from JDM (RH drive) to USDM (LH drive)

Not too sure that I'd want to go that drastic though??

Steve
    From what I recall reading from the Aussie guy who installed some Depots on his RHD car ( wasn't a prelude & tbh I can't recall what car he had) he loosened the fasteners so he could get a better angle on his headlights after adjusting them as far as he could with the 2 screws at the back of the unit.

Only thing I can't remember is if he had to do something to then keep the lenses in place so they wouldn't move after being adjusted & the bolts loosened. I expect its a tight fitment and it wasn't needed.

Only way to swap over the adjusting plates themselves is to crack open the units by heating in an oven 1st. While is sounds drastic I've seen it done a few times but like you I would prefer to avoid that.

I had the same Qs when I was getting the Depots about LHD-RHD fitment and got mine after reading about Aussie installing them on his RHD car.

FYI, if you can ever organize you own freight from OS here are the ones I've found to be the cheapest:

US to OZ - https://www.shipnex.com/default.aspx

UK to Oz - https://www.parcelmonkey.co.uk/

Oz to Overseas - http://www.skippypost.com.au/

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    I had the same Qs when I was getting the Depots about LHD-RHD fitment and got mine after reading about Aussie installing them on his RHD car.
    Which way do you think that you'll go - just adjustment - or oven baked??

Steve

Generation
    4th Gen
    Quote Originally Posted by steve-gee View Post
    Which way do you think that you'll go - just adjustment - or oven baked??

Steve
    Hoping that adjustment will do the trick, if I do end up having to pull them apart then I'll do a hybrid of the Depos & OEMs with different projectors.