Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC

Question Suitable CV drive axles for my mixed parts 4G Lude?

Good day!

First of all, please allow me to apologize in advance for posting in the wrong place(if) or seemingly not knowing too well of what I'm on about, but I tried my best to search around and couldn't come to a conclusion for which CV drive axle is suitable for the Prelude I have got, as it has had many parts replaced (I will include the full schedule I have prepared).

My basic question is: Would the 92-96 Prelude CV drive axles be interchangeable completely?

I have an original BB1 VTi-R 94', Manual transmission with ABS and 4WS. However, previous owner(s) have done so much repair/replacing of parts to keep this lude alive, and below are parts replaced on receipts that came with the private purchase:

Parts installed:
    > Ignition 94'
    > Starter motor 94'
    > Rims 93'
    > Rocker cover 93'
    > Strut x2, Door handle x2
    > Gearbox 92' H23A
    > Steering ECU 95'
    > Engine 98' Base Model-H22A4
    > Control arms 93'

I hit a pretty deep pothole at 60kph on the passenger side awhile back (left side, I'm from Australia), then as I tried to service my car yesterday, I noticed the inner CV boot on the passenger side has ripped open and grease was flung out around the split, I am trying to shop around for a suitable CV drive axle, as only replacing the boot is pointless since the pothole incident was about 3000KM ago, I can only assume this CV axle is done for.

Engine is H22A4 instead of H22A1, Gearbox is from a H23A model (Australian release). The gearbox code is M2A4 (from memory, I will verify this tonight). Would a standard CV drive axle fitting the 92-96 Prelude range be applicable for my Lude?

Thanks so much for your time taken to read this, I am really new to the use of forums, but I have had many previous issues solved by you guys here from Google search, so I thought I should try my luck here before risk taking the CV axle off and not having a replacement ready.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4WS - B Spec
    Welcome.

I'd suggest the axle required would need to match the gearbox. So yes, the 92-96 axle "should" fit.
    The other thing to consider is the existence of an ABS ring.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Welcome.

I'd suggest the axle required would need to match the gearbox. So yes, the 92-96 axle "should" fit.
    The other thing to consider is the existence of an ABS ring.
    Thanks! That's very helpful, I have done brakes and rotors myself but the closer towards the engine, the less I know.

I know my gearbox is from a 92' Si Australian release, so it should be easier to narrow down now.

Cheers!