Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Generation
    Non Honda
    Also add into the equation that many members from the boom years of PA are now late 20's and into mid 30's so life priorities are changing. People are having families, chasing career goals and their lives moving away from a Prelude being a cornerstone. Back then Preludes were worth comparatively a lot, 5th gens were going for 15-20K, where as now you can pick up 5th gens under 5K. It's a different demographic buying the cars now generally speaking.

Now they are a first car, something to be owned and driven but really not many people are going to start sinking big dollars into a prelude given a) owners are likely to be P platers and b) it is such a huge percentage of the overall value of the vehicle.

Until preludes start to become, and i hate to use the word since it implies the value increases, 'classic' or at least desirable as an old car with character, the forum will be pretty dead.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    I have to agree with ego, a lot of people just don't have the time anymore with new priorities in life as such.

Facebook does make it easy for people to post, show off and meet new people but I still think the forums are a valuable source for info.

I still have magazines from when I was a lot younger from 2006 and Preludes were going for roughly $15k-$20k.

Unfortunately these days, I still believe a lot people just don't like Preludes. I see a bit of hate every now then towards them. I would have loved to be around in the days when Prelude cruises and forums were thriving!
    Lived The Prelude Life 13/11/13 - 15/09/15
    1998 Prelude VTi-R - Supermarine Blue B-84
    H22A4, 5pd - Basic 'I wanna hear my VTEC' Modifications

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4WS turbobo bro
    i still check it about 3 times i week. just dont normaly see stuff worth commenting on

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTI-R
    I really don't see much 5th Gen's around anymore, but that being said it does kinda make it unique? When you see them at a car show or on the streets etc..

I bought my 5th Gen and there weren't many around in my area. Within the next 4-5 months, I started to see a lot of Prelude's in my area lol. Me being the only one with a white Prelude.

As Squalled said - I wish I was around when "Prelude cruises and forums were thriving!" too. I remember back in the days where there were Prelude cruises and what not.

Guess the good old days are gone.

Unfortunately.
    1997 Honda Prelude BB6 - Taffeta White NH - 578
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book."
    Moog, Mighty Car Mods.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    I'd really like to organise a little meetup in the Sydney area for any luders or lude lovers in all honesty!

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTI-R
    Would be keen!
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book."
    Moog, Mighty Car Mods.

Generation
    Non Honda
    I was around for the boom years of PA, definitely good fun going to cruises with 20+ preludes and even on one cruise i put together we had crx australia, Melb S15 when S15's were still worth upwards of 40K, Aus Honda and PA all doing a mountains run. Had 50 or 60 cars come it was awesome. Those days are long gone now.

I'm actually looking for a 5th gen vtir manual with not too many km on it (ie less than 200,000) as a daily so even us late 20's guys still appreciate them. Just not many left around anymore, i'd see quite even numbers of 3rd and 5th gens and bugger all 4th gens these days actually. There are quite a few 3rd gens getting around near my work for some reason.

I have lost contact with many of the members that used to come to the Victoria meets. I know some moved overseas, others just moved on with life.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTI-R
    That sounds.. MAAAAAAAD.

If only those days were still around.
    Moog, Mighty Car Mods.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    I might see if other people would come over the FB page tbh. Vic has some good regular meets!

Generation
    Non Honda
    Model
    WRX
    it is what it is..

as you have said ego.. 10 years ago..PA was thriving..i had a 4th gen back in the day and that was written off then thanks to a ford falcon that read ended my car..

I had always planned on getting one later in life, but i started noticing they were dissapearing, amongst my other cars, i saved sport for a prelude, it was either going to be a 4th gen or a 3rd gen, so i got one before they were going to be worth a fortune and god knows how hard it is to find one with a straight body these days.

I got my 3rd gen last year and im back! and thats moving slowly with the turbo build. im really into my Subarus and that takes a fair chunk of my time also...and ironically rexnet has been down for that long now..

the prelude is a special car regardless of the generation, there are some enthusiasts out there including myself and hopefully that should be enough to keep the forums going.

HRPM Motorsports - "Driver development is equally if not more important than building a fast car"

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTI-R
    I agree. The Prelude is a special car regardless of the generation.

To others it may just be another Honda or car, but us Prelude lovers.. it's more than that.
    Moog, Mighty Car Mods.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    I love all Prelude's!

They're all unique in there own way and they always had options that were ahead of lot of other Honda's.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Quote Originally Posted by Squalled_ View Post
    I love all Prelude's!

They're all unique in there own way and they always had options that were ahead of lot of other Honda's.
    The Prelude name was indicative that it would receive technology before any other model. VTEC, 4WS, Tiptronic auto, digital climate control, etc all were available on various Preludes before they filtered down to other models.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    some people are still around
    ------------------------------------
    Winton : 1:48.2
    Sandown : 1:38.3

Generation
    3rd Gen
    VTEC wasn't fitted to Preludes first....