Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    I'd love to keep my Prelude but I really want to get an R33 haha.

It's hard because it's my first car and has been so good to drive and own!
    Lived The Prelude Life 13/11/13 - 15/09/15
    1998 Prelude VTi-R - Supermarine Blue B-84
    H22A4, 5pd - Basic 'I wanna hear my VTEC' Modifications

Generation
    Non Honda
    Model
    WRX
    well Honda doesnt make the prelude anymore..

i remember the days as a P Plater id look at buying a 5th gen and i was like..where am i gna get $15-20K.. i always thought given what a good car it was, the build quality from honda, the reliable honda engines and its exclusive factor that it would become quite iconic and people would still be into them..

alas..i was wrong, times have changed and its a forgotten car, the few of us that remain, will cherish it. i made it a mission 2 years ago to find a 4th or 3rd gen to build..and i ended up with an S2 3rd gen currently getting a turbo setup in it etc..but im procrastinating hard at this stage...but i will finish it. i am quite content with it because i know what a special car it is..

i used to prefer the 4th gen, but now i appreciate them all. The 5th gen is still another icon in my opinion, it was the last prelude built. it had everything, top of the line H22A at the time. all features and luxurious interior, raised a few eyebrows at track events etc for how well it performed.

then EP3 and DC5 and that K20 Era started..

the amazing thing is, to the few that own preludes and looking after them...its reliability is right up there.

HRPM Motorsports - "Driver development is equally if not more important than building a fast car"

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    Quote Originally Posted by yuvi View Post
    well Honda doesnt make the prelude anymore..

i remember the days as a P Plater id look at buying a 5th gen and i was like..where am i gna get $15-20K.. i always thought given what a good car it was, the build quality from honda, the reliable honda engines and its exclusive factor that it would become quite iconic and people would still be into them..

alas..i was wrong, times have changed and its a forgotten car, the few of us that remain, will cherish it. i made it a mission 2 years ago to find a 4th or 3rd gen to build..and i ended up with an S2 3rd gen currently getting a turbo setup in it etc..but im procrastinating hard at this stage...but i will finish it. i am quite content with it because i know what a special car it is..

i used to prefer the 4th gen, but now i appreciate them all. The 5th gen is still another icon in my opinion, it was the last prelude built. it had everything, top of the line H22A at the time. all features and luxurious interior, raised a few eyebrows at track events etc for how well it performed.

then EP3 and DC5 and that K20 Era started..

the amazing thing is, to the few that own preludes and looking after them...its reliability is right up there.
    100% Agree here.

I used to be the same and only really liked the 5th gen. I then started seeing other models more and came to respect the predecessors a lot more. Without out them, there wouldn't be the 5th gen Prelude.

I still believe most other Honda owners see the Prelude as a leaky and slow Honda. They never do realise the potential of the H22A in the right hands.

I still believe it is the best bang for buck performance Honda you can get. Has nice power and torque, excellent factory options and great handling for it's size.

Generation
    5th Gen
    5th gen was always one of my favourite cars through high school fifteen years ago. Now I have one.

Took it to the track a few weeks ago and it handles it superbly. I let a few mates drive it and they were all really surprised how well it handles. It get a bit of turn in oversteer if you don't carry throttle through the corner.
    It was actually a lot more fun than my mates NB Miata.

Couldn't keep up with the turbo VW's that seem to plague these things though.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    I wasn't actually going to get one but after looking into them more, watching videos, reading forums etc, I really came to love them.

Had all the options I wanted and had more power and torque then other cars I was looking at.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTI-R
    I feel that people look down on the Prelude's because they aren't as "popular" in the Honda community.

I really don't care if people look down on Prelude's. To me at least, the Prelude is a very special car that was WAY ahead of it's time compared to other Honda's and other cars, too.

The H22a motor has a lot of potential, and I think only a current/previous owner would understand how special Prelude's really are.

I love mine to death and honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if I bought another one after buying my next car as my daily driver or even keeping mine I have at the moment.
    1997 Honda Prelude BB6 - Taffeta White NH - 578
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book."
    Moog, Mighty Car Mods.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    If I need a daily after I sell my current one, I will always turn to the Prelude!

I honestly agree about the popularity of the Prelude. Although apparently DC2R's are meant to be rare, I see them more then Prelude's.

The DC2 is always well respected as one of the best handling FWD cars made. I mean I'd still rather a Prelude any day over most other FWD 4 cylinder Honda's, with some exceptions.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by Squalled_ View Post
    I'd really like to organise a little meetup in the Sydney area for any luders or lude lovers in all honesty!

Sorry guys for my absence. I've been on Fb. Guilty on all counts.
    SAU Forums are deserted too due to FB.

Forums are a great resource for information that's credible (most of the time).

Here's a pic of the last cruise I organised. It was followed by a Tech Night at Top Secret Imports at Blacktown.
    Good Days!

Best Shape Award = 4th Gen Prelude + Best Bang For Your Buck Award = R34 GT-R N1

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    Loving that that picture Terry! Sneaking 34

Happy to say that my mate has recently purchased migoreng's old Eucalyptus Green 5th gen!