Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Generation
    Non Honda
    Model
    WRX

Angry Where is Everyone?

oh my god, is facebook really killing the forums??

i understand ludes are not as popular as the used to be, but there are heaps of people still in their ownership and working them

so where you people at?

HRPM Motorsports - "Driver development is equally if not more important than building a fast car"

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4WS - B Spec
    Social media has had a huge effect on forums in general. It's not just PA.

Generation
    Non Honda
    Model
    WRX
    i thought so too..

but what happened to people who were maintaining build threads and updating DIYs

social media cannot educate like technical forums did..

on the bright side im so glad PA is still up as opposed to Rexnet..

HRPM Motorsports - "Driver development is equally if not more important than building a fast car"

Generation
    3rd Gen
    I used to be global mod on another forum which had a ton of activity back in the 05-09 heyday, it's the same story everywhere. It's easier for people to post dispensable photos on Facebook/Instagram rather than put effort into build threads and engage in forums. I'm not really fussed about less activity, PP is still alive and kicking and doing quite well, but seeing people ask the same questions over and over again on the Facebook group because they don't know how to conduct searches on forums is pretty cancerous.

Generation
    Non Honda
    Model
    WRX
    im not expecting PA to come back with a bang given preludes are no longer built but still, i owe a lot of my prelude knowledge to these forums other than working on them myself..the FB posts are just redundant..you cant come back to something say a year later to work out an outcome etc like you would in a post on a forum.

forums are literally like a database of information...its only logical to keep adding to it..which is why im a little frustrated. It not so much social media either...peopl must realise the importance of continuing the use of forums as opposed to FB groups..

Generation
    3rd Gen
    You can with the search function, but the type of people who would rather post in a group than search on forums are the same ones who won't use it lol.

I concur, people are just lazy and expect things to be handed to them rather than spending a good amount of time searching and searching until your questions have been answered or you've exhausted all your options, which would THEN warrant a post/thread.

Generation
    Non Honda
    Model
    WRX
    theres a massive benefit with searching, its not so much that it takes longer to find the answer, its the posts that you read in the process and what you learn on the way to finding the initial answer. i just wish people had that understanding and realise what a waste it is not using a forum as we did previously..

rexnet went down but that was not due to social media, the forums were actively being use with on going build threads etc..

thats just me ranting on tho...gettin old..hahahaha

seriously however i wish people come to realise what a waste it is NOT using forums..

Generation
    Non Honda
    I very occasionally still check prelude australia but yeah, forums in general are pretty dead. FD rx7 seems to be going well but they are not on facebook.

Much easier and quicker to get the validation of people liking your car photos on facebook than on a forum which is what it seems the majority of kids with cars these days are after.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    I still love forums tbh.

Always look daily for new posts.
    Lived The Prelude Life 13/11/13 - 15/09/15
    1998 Prelude VTi-R - Supermarine Blue B-84
    H22A4, 5pd - Basic 'I wanna hear my VTEC' Modifications

Generation
    Non Honda
    Model
    WRX
    who knows. it could also be a blessing in disguise. as mentioned by ego. there are lots of people after "likes" rather than the feat of building a car and maintaining build threads. I remember the days of working on my car and the mechanics do not have the in depth knowledge of the car and a quick post on PA resulted in problem solved.

I go to EOMM every now and then at eastern creek..the car scene has changed a lot also..people with Visual mods gets all the attention..worked cars are there but dont generate the attention they used to.

most kids see a lancer with flashy wing and sound system and they jizz...while i see an MA70 supra stock looking with a 2JZ transplant and im like !!!!!!!!!

Generation
    3rd Gen
    That's pretty much how it will always be though. People would rather see a newer chassis with clean paint and bodywork lowered on some $2k+ wheels than appreciate cohesive builds or the ones with a lot of thought and personal effort put in.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    Me been a younger member on the forum would disagree.

I actually look for the crazy builds and cars that have actually had a lot of time spent on.

When I see cars that are just visually modded, I'll respect the owner for what they've done because in the end it's their car.
    Lived The Prelude Life 13/11/13 - 15/09/15
    1998 Prelude VTi-R - Supermarine Blue B-84
    H22A4, 5pd - Basic 'I wanna hear my VTEC' Modifications

Generation
    5th Gen
    I really love reading through build threads. following a build to completion is really fascinating for me.

Here's one a friend is putting the finishing touches on.

https://www.perthstreetbikes.com/for...d.php?t=162309

Spoiler: not a prelude, but still awesome.

Generation
    Non Honda
    Model
    WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Squalled_ View Post
    Me been a younger member on the forum would disagree.

I actually look for the crazy builds and cars that have actually had a lot of time spent on.

When I see cars that are just visually modded, I'll respect the owner for what they've done because in the end it's their car.
    I agree with you. but compared to a few years back..nowadays the number of "you" is quite low.

as for visual mods..its nothing to do with respect...that has always been there. the old scene had auto salon..shit was bad back then..

but when we rocked up to meets there were more than 70% of the cars with decent work under the hood with different types of worksmanship...it was awesome and a lot was learnt off each other and people kept up with build threads.

all i am saying is that the use of the forums have gone down and there's less people following that path..its all facebook these days without the technical side of it..

oh well times are changing im struggling to accept it. Eventually i will.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTI-R
    Autosalon days weren't that bad back then. I knew a lot of people who loved sex spec as well as their engine mods etc. Each to their own, I'll admit and I'm not ashamed to say I used to love sex spec when it was popular, but as the scene changed, I started to like the cleaner or the "JDM" look. As Squalled said in the end it is their car and for what they've done, the amount of money they've spent etc.. I would defiantly give them respect regardless if it's all engine mods or visual mods etc..

I wouldn't say sex spec is that bad, I assume that at least someone who hated sex spec cars would have seen one and said yeah..... that's not bad actually vice versa. The scene has changed, yes, but you have to live with it.

Everyone has their own preferences obviously.

That's just my 2c.

From a younger POV (don't think dirty )
    1997 Honda Prelude BB6 - Taffeta White NH - 578
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book."
    Moog, Mighty Car Mods.