Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R

Why are Prelude's hated these day?

Hey P.A.,

Recently I've noticed these days there seems to be a great deal of hate towards the Prelude.

Hate from other brand name owners (Nissan, Toyota etc.) it normal but other people that own Honda's seem to just hate them.

I don't understand why there is so much hate towards the Prelude. In saying this I personally know a lot people that like my 5th gen and actually respect it.

What are your thoughts on this?
    Lived The Prelude Life 13/11/13 - 15/09/15
    1998 Prelude VTi-R - Supermarine Blue B-84
    H22A4, 5pd - Basic 'I wanna hear my VTEC' Modifications

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTI-R
    Probably hate them because maybe they got chopped by one
    But in all honesty, I don't see why other Honda owners would hate on them. All the Honda/car people I know like Preludes, I really don't see what's there to hate on.. :S
    Most of the Honda guys I know with civic's are running H2B/H22
    In saying that, the Prelude wasn't AS popular as the civic's, integra's etc.. so maybe that's why they're hating? (Which I highly doubt)
    Wouldn't have a clue to be honest.

Generation
    Non Honda
    Model
    WRX
    this is the truth.

unfortuantely the car scene isnt what it use to be like in the 90's and the early to mid 2000's, people in general had an appreciation for most cars..

nowadays unfortuantely its just a bunch of fanboys that cant appreciate anything other than what they drive.. i started out with corollas, then prelude..then i went nuts with JDM, owned subarus, Skylines etc...but in the end i love them all, they are all great cars built for purpose...i love cars, i could never bash on a car unless it was a P-plater inspired neones, chromies, cut springs etc you get my drift..

so last year i bought another prelude, best decision, i love that car and for what it is it's an amazing car from its time..

4th gen is another iconic prelude that only "real" automotive enthusiasts recognise..same goes for the 5th gen...the K20 EP3 and DC5 came out shortly thereafter rendering H22A cars obsolete..making it awesome for us.

Why?

because we can now own these epic cars on the cheap..

most people are not as knowledgeable as they used to be, so they tend to hate on what they dont know...

HRPM Motorsports - "Driver development is equally if not more important than building a fast car"

Generation
    3rd Gen
    It's very simple. The global Honda community is quite diverse and a lot of people that make up the population are pretty cool. You have the Mugen/Spoon/FEEL'S etc followers who create builds with a lot of attention paint to the finer details, more niche sort of groups like chill older guys into the S600s/1G Civics/etc, D-series.org people working their magic on the normally shunned motors, the list goes on for a while. But just like any community there are a lot of members who don't actually familiarise themselves with, much less respect the wide range of offerings from and rich history of the brand. They just modify their Civics and Integras, follow trends and idolise all the typical blog life/cookie cutter builds. That being said, a fair portion of it stems from people who aren't really "into" cars or Hondas if you get what I mean.

Generation
    5th Gen
    I've not encountered any hate yet, but I have a track day next Friday with a bunch of GTi's. Maybe someone will speak up then.

Honestly it wouldn't bother me, there is no perfect car that everyone loves.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    In Sweden I always get love for my car.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTI-R
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander Keen View Post
    I've not encountered any hate yet, but I have a track day next Friday with a bunch of GTi's. Maybe someone will speak up then.

Honestly it wouldn't bother me, there is no perfect car that everyone loves.
    Go out there and chop some GTi's

Generation
    Non Honda
    Model
    WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Daugaard View Post
    In Sweden I always get love for my car.
    i must visit sweden!

HRPM Motorsports - "Driver development is equally if not more important than building a fast car"

Generation
    5th Gen
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak View Post
    Go out there and chop some GTi's
    I can't guarantee that will happen but I'll do my best. I won't be going super-hard.
    At least I know I can chop the MX-5 up.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    In saying what I have said I always seem to get nice comments from a lot of people.

Even met people that went on about how the hate Preludes or Honda's in general but, they seem to like mine.
    Lived The Prelude Life 13/11/13 - 15/09/15
    1998 Prelude VTi-R - Supermarine Blue B-84
    H22A4, 5pd - Basic 'I wanna hear my VTEC' Modifications

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTI-R
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander Keen View Post
    I can't guarantee that will happen but I'll do my best. I won't be going super-hard.
    At least I know I can chop the MX-5 up.
    It's alright! At least you'll be chopping hairdresser cars, MX-5's lol.
    1997 Honda Prelude BB6 - Taffeta White NH - 578
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book."
    Moog, Mighty Car Mods.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Actually I really mike Miata's, they go really hard when set up properly.

Aside from the Mazda I'll probably be the slowest there, the remaining crew is 2x Golf GTI's, a tuned 9N polo GTI, 1x WRX, 1x EVO 8, 1x 130i and an XR8 that will probably have no brakes after two laps.

Oh and the forecast for Friday is 15mm of rain. It's going to be awesome.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Quote Originally Posted by Squalled_ View Post
    Hey P.A.,

Recently I've noticed these days there seems to be a great deal of hate towards the Prelude.

Hate from other brand name owners (Nissan, Toyota etc.) it normal but other people that own Honda's seem to just hate them.

I don't understand why there is so much hate towards the Prelude. In saying this I personally know a lot people that like my 5th gen and actually respect it.

What are your thoughts on this?

I've generally always heard positive comments when it comes to Preludes and mine has served me well over the years. I've been told as of late that mine could do with a bit of a freshen up which is why I'm currently giving it a bit of a revamp but that's to be expected as its getting on a bit now and its due a makeover. Its been reliable and drives well so I don't see why there would be haters especially within the Honda camp itself.

Administrator
    Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    its cos preludes rule! haha. I would say that a lot of them would have had a shock while racing one at some stage too. not everyone can be a civic fanboi

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Preludes are cool and make people drool, that is why they are hated.