Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC

Rear sway bar link kit & etc?

Guys

I've been putting up with a noise in my 4th Gen's RHR suspension for a couple of months now. Anyway - went to my local mechanic and he's diagnosed a worn RH rear sway bar link and bushes. (And yes I have looked for advice on this here). I reckon I'd most likely want to replace both rather than just one? The Honda book calls them stabilizer bars - if it's the same thing?

Anyway - it wasn't that long ago on here I remember Bob or Tassie (I think) or someone recommending an online Aussie supplier of Prelude suspension gear? And I remember that their prices weren't too bad either?

Anyone recall that post - I can't find it?

Steve
    Eternity - the wrong thing to be wrong about.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    Yes, a sway bar = stabiliser bar. Double check your rear sway bar mounts too as these have a bad (albeit rare) habit of busting out of the chassis.

Anyway, found that post you mentioned here: http://www.preludeaustralia.com/foru...ht=#post778897

Since then I've gone through the trouble of ordering some Hardrace sway links and toe arms via JDMyard back at the start of June, a process that at this stage I do not recommend. These parts are on back order from Japan and almost a month later nobody seems to have any clue where my parts are or if they're even on their way. I've just been told to sit tight until I hear something.

I also ordered an Energy suspension master bushing kit + trailing arm kit from Summit Racing in the US at the same time, they are at least on their way (left the US yesterday). ES do a rear sway bar and end link bushing kit for around $70 delivered if you don't mind pressing new bushings into your old links, only trouble is that it's for a 23mm sway bar (stock is 22mm I believe) so it could be a little sloppy, and if the ball joint on the other end of the link is shot then this kit won't fix it either.

Superpro are the Aussie brand mentioned but they pretty much can't help you in this situation. Nolathane are another Aussie brand (I think) but they don't list any parts for 4th gens, somehow I ended up with Nolathane rear sway bar bushes when I got my Whiteline bar though.

I personally haven't tried Rockauto.com yet, but if you go with them then you can get everything by Moog delivered for around $100. Beck/Arnley is another good brand and only a couple of $$ more. Seems like this would be a good option rather than trying to source the parts locally.

You could also get genuine Honda parts straight from Japan through JP-carparts.com for around $170 delivered. I highly recommend this option if you want to stay OEM, these guys are great to deal with and I usually get my parts from them within a week of ordering them, you do pay for the privilege of OEM though.

Hope something in there helps.
    Symmons Plains - 1:12.280

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC

Let's Rock-auto?

Quote Originally Posted by tassie_bb1 View Post
    I personally haven't tried Rockauto.com yet, but if you go with them then you can get everything by Moog delivered for around $100. Beck/Arnley is another good brand and only a couple of $$ more. Seems like this would be a good option rather than trying to source the parts locally.
    Hi Tassie

Thanks for the advice! I've used Rock for lots of things up until now - but one of the sources on here said that USDM Ludes were not 4WS - and the guy who said that suggested that it was why the bloke (who was having trouble fitting his ordered and supplied parts) was having that trouble? Thoughts Tas or anyone??

Steve

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    Anyone know if the rear link kits are identical on each side - Rockauto seem to show just the one type? Also - is it worth me getting anything else - hopefully lower $$$ (rear suspension related) while I'm at it?

Cheers

Steve

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    The US did get a domestic 4WS model but only on the Si, and from what I hear they are incredibly rare so most of their parts are aimed at the 2WS variants.

However, as far as I can tell there is no difference in the stock sway bars between 4WS and non-4WS models, the USDM stock bars still have the bends that go around where the 4WS motor lives. Only issue is if you were to buy an aftermarket sway bar from the US since most of theirs are straight to make up for their lack of 4WS, is that possibly the trouble the other guy was having?

Both sway links I've pulled out of mine are identical, so it seems you can just buy two the same.
    Symmons Plains - 1:12.280

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC

Rockin' along now....

Quote Originally Posted by tassie_bb1 View Post
    I personally haven't tried Rockauto.com yet, but if you go with them then you can get everything by Moog delivered for around $100. Beck/Arnley is another good brand and only a couple of $$ more. Seems like this would be a good option rather than trying to source the parts locally. Hope something in there helps.
    Thanks Tas - ordered the Beck/Arnley gear last night - gotta hand it to RockAuto; great prices and selection - far better alternative than Aussie suppliers who just say nope - or look at you funny!

Steve