Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Si
    Quote Originally Posted by Safetydancexcx View Post
    This might sound stupid but when i was Prelude hunting in the beginning, i wanted 4 wheel steer, a 2.3ltr engine, sunroof, translucent needles on the digital dash and i prefered the metallic dark blue
    I have all that except the 2.3 now, runs beautiful but in my mind its not the same, the 2.3ltr was the luxury model in japan cause registration taxes but anyway, point is i have my Prelude back so i really couldnt be happier, just have to instal the dust cover on the gearbox, stick intake and a new radiator then im getting her back on the road
    do you have any pictures by any chance?
    ʍǝɹɔ uʍop ǝpısdn

私の進行中のスレッドを確認してください
    Quote Originally Posted by lommytam2342 View Post
    Hey Furo, whats the finger spacing for your rear?
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Eevil View Post
    How much do I have to pay you or how much dick do I have to suck to get you to take me for a ride?!

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    This might sound stupid but when i was Prelude hunting in the beginning, i wanted 4 wheel steer, a 2.3ltr engine, sunroof, translucent needles on the digital dash and i prefered the metallic dark blue
    I have all that except the 2.3 now, runs beautiful but in my mind its not the same, the 2.3ltr was the luxury model in japan cause registration taxes but anyway, point is i have my Prelude back so i really couldnt be happier, just have to instal the dust cover on the gearbox, stick intake and a new radiator then im getting her back on the road
    Uhh, I don't entirely agree. In Japan the SI-VTEC was the "luxury" model and the Si was the base model but both came with a 2.2L (The Si had the F22B). The SI-VTEC came in two varieties (BB1 w/ 4WS and BB4 w/o) with pretty similar equipment levels and trim. You could option out the BB1 with ABS, LSD, Sunroof (yes, these were not standard over there), TCS, Airbags (again, not standard), powered seats etc. Most of these could be added to the lower but A/C, cruise and alloys were also sometimes optional. Anything that had A/C had the digital climate control though. The 2.3L non-vtec was only available in the export model and the H23 Vtec was never released in a Prelude. If you had found a 2.3L it wouldn't have had the digital climate control or EL gauges, or Vtec.

Good to hear it's back on the road though. I agree, we need *more* pictures.
    Symmons Plains - 1:12.280

Generation
    4th Gen
    All that effort to prove what point? I dont care anyway..
    I spose i can post pictures at some point but understand this in its simplest form..
    My Prwlude was previously owned by an India or Pakistinian idiot that abused the fecal matter out of the poor car, the drivers side is in bad shape and the body kit looks like its seen more gutters than roads, ive had the passenger side sanded to steel and re-done, the mags are not my preference but are still alright, minus the rash worse than a babies butt
    Heres whatever pics i have on my phone alreadyClick image for larger version. 

Name:	1426923081410.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	8710

Generation
    4th Gen
    Found pics of the engine i forgot about
    The F22Z6 in my BB2Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150515_230916.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	8712
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1426923081410.jpg  

Generation
    4th Gen
    I suck at this uploading pics thing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20150222_070313.jpg  

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    All that effort to prove what point? I dont care anyway..
    You're right, that was stupid of me to take 5 minutes out of my day to share some knowledge about something you appeared to have an interest in. It won't happen again.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Si
    seems angry
    ʍǝɹɔ uʍop ǝpısdn

私の進行中のスレッドを確認してください
    How much do I have to pay you or how much dick do I have to suck to get you to take me for a ride?!

Generation
    4th Gen
    Angry, always
    From wiki: 1993 was the last year that the "Si-VTEC" (BB4) name was used, and beginning in 1994 it was shortened to just "VTEC" and stayed that way throughout the rest of the generation. In some countries, the Prelude with 2.2 VTEC engine was called the VTi-R. Later the 96 prelude SI/SR was introduced with a 2.3 Non-VTEC engine. In Canada, the Si was called the SR, and the VTEC was called the SR-V. Due to the width dimensions and the engine displacement exceeding Japanese government regulations for vehicles classified as "compact", this generation Prelude obligated Japanese owners to yearly taxes, and the Prelude became known as a luxury car in Japan as a result.
    So due to engine displacement, luxury model..

Generation
    4th Gen
    My 94 BB2 Prelude Si-SRS has the EL dash and translucent needles, no Vtec or digital climate, bit mad keen on them anyway

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    Eh, probably a misunderstanding more than anything. I guess in the context of that tiny Wikipedia excerpt ALL 4th gen preludes were classed as "luxury" vehicles in Japan, but my point still stands that there wasn't a 2.3L over there so the whole tax/insurance thing is moot. Anyway, I'm losing interest now too.

I'm picking up what you're putting down now too. So you HAD everything you wanted then ended up with a F22Z6 and have essentially the same power but are down 0.1L in displacement and possibly a couple of torques. You have an F-series block now so you can happily turbo and get those lost couple of torques back (and then some) if you want.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Now thats the sort of stuff i like to hear!
    Jap taxed anything over 2l lol
    The biggest pissmeoff about this change over is the H23A1 has a knock sensor where the F22Z6 does not so.. thanks CEL code 23 -__-
    Thinking of doing the piezo hack, any CEL makes me feel uneasy

In saying i can turbo, that would mean the engine is internally stronger than my previous H23A1 yes? Making it less susceptible to failure when N/A compared to said H23A1?
    After i seen conrod 3 had been glowing red and has metal burn which turned it dark blue and stripped, melted and locked the bearing sleeve to the crankshaft, i baby the new engine, i freak out if it goes above 5k to 6k lol i know its in a world better condition than the original engine but im still being careful, check the oil, water and steering fluid constantly, every morning without fail like i used to
    The siezed H23A1 HAD enough oil, seems it couldnt handle 160kmh at 5500rpm, that engine was screwed before i got it =(

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    Ok, I'm going to backtrack a little because I may have made a bold assumption.

Typically a F-series blocks (just for a sec I'm lumping the Z6 in with all the other F22's) should take boost better than a H block. The H-series blocks have aluminium FRM (fibre reinforced metal) sleeves which are very strong against wear and are great on a stockish motor but do not play well with forged aluminium pistons. They tend to fail at a little lower boost than most iron sleeves too but it really depends on the motor. Most of the guys who heavily mod a H-series either stick with the stock pistons (or those from a JDM Prelude type-S for a small compression boost) or have to bore it out and drop in some iron sleeves first. If your F-series has iron sleeves then you can run basically any piston you want and could turbo (with low boost) without having to open the motor.

Not enough people have ever messed around with a F22Z6 to be sure and there is practically no knowledge out there about it. If the guy from Hondworld was correct (and some of the specs would seem to support this) then the F22Z6 is just a H23 block with a F22 head on it, I can't say for sure. In fact I can't even tell you if it is open or closed deck, what the bore and stroke is, if it runs oil squirters etc. Hell, there's even disagreement about whether the compression is 8.8:1 or 10:1 and as I said before, there's argument over whether the thing has iron sleeves like all the other F's or FRM sleeves like all the other H's. It just doesn't make sense to me that Honda would break their own naming convention and call a H block an F though. If it were a H23 block then it would have a position for a knock sensor (either with a bung or with oil now pouring out of it) and it would have balance shafts. If you really want to know these things then a good place to start is with the code stamped on the head (should be above the exhaust manifold), this would tell you what bolt-ons you could start with at the very least.

Renzo probably knows more about the F22Z6 than anyone else left on the site.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Useful stuff
    Thankyou..
    My most recent research tells me that 91 RON fuel is a big no no in a Prelude, opinions people??
    So the F22Z6 I have fitted has a thingy where a knock sensor would go, its a golden colored allan key screwed in looking thong that Hondworld told me "DONT REMOVE IT" lol dont know why but i wont argue haha
    The more i do in depth research on engines and such, the more it qorries me, everything is so specific and using the wrong whatever can lead to corrosion, ozidization, pinging, detonation, pre-ignition, inadequate lubrication etc, screw being a mechanic, ill stick to my audio electronics thanks lmao
    All i have to do now is road worthy, register, drain the 91 RON fuel, put in my custom stereo plan and take care of the Prelude from there out
    Next car i buy is the Burgandy 2001 Prelude, pity Aus never got the 4WS 5th gen =( my favorite feature next to EL gauges =/

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Si
    hello

f22z6 got iron sleeves, its good man

theres a thread on here where i argued with dimi about the h23 being the same as the f22z6, i think he opened the block and found a few similarities but that was it

ceebs searching, just look at dimis created threads and you will find
    ʍǝɹɔ uʍop ǝpısdn

私の進行中のスレッドを確認してください

Generation
    4th Gen
    Yea ive read that thread, good read actually
    Im payched as, got the engine light to disappear, took her for a test drive and fault hunt, 180kmh and pulling for more without a miss, beautiful as eff, never doing that speed again bit if anything was wrong it would have failed then, feels SO MUCH BETTER than the old engine, it was soooo far wrecked, unbelievable!!
    Thankyou everyone for your input
    Im ready for questions if anyone has any in the next 5 or so years and your brought here by google searches lol