Thread: turbo help

Administrator
    Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC

turbo help

ok guys so i need some help from the boosted h22a nuts.

some of you may know that i have made the decision to turbo the lude. and im trying to figure out some parts of it

I will be sleeving the block so i can run whatever piston i want. I also plan on changing the cams and springs if need be. so before i start asking questions, ill give you guys and understanding of what I have and what i want

What I have
    T04e (mostly for run in) cant remember the trim size
    eagle H beam rods
    ARP head and bottom end studs
    closed deck JDM block
    intercooler with 2.5" piping
    walbro 255hp fuel pump
    aftermarket fuel rail

The parts I know i want to get:
    Hondata (s300?)
    1000cc injectors
    38mm external gate
    some sort of decent clutch and flywheel

What i want:
    bare mimimum of 300HP at the wheels, Ideally i would like around the 400hp mark after run in. ill round around 20psi

now the parts im not sure of. For the above numbers, what would i be looking at/you guys recommend for:
    Cams
    Springs
    Pitons

Ill be keeping standard valves simply for the fact that if things go wrong, they will bend instead of break.

I think thats the majority of what i need info on for now.

Thanks in advance

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4WS - B Spec
    Don't sleeve it. The stock closed deck is fine for that power.
    Stock cams and springs. Mahl pistons to suit the stock bore size.
    S300 V3 to get the bluetooth and leave the option for E85 flex fuel tuning open.
    1000cc are way over kill unless you are definate about E85. If you go too big it's more an issue for tuning resolution for idle and daily drivability.
    6 puck ceramic sprung center with HD pressure plate on the clutch.
    Turbo pressure is pretty irrelevant to your goals. The final figures are determined by the efficiency range of the turbo.
    Add an LSD to the list. You will need it.

Administrator
    Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    cheers bob.

forgot to mention a few things. im set on the sleeving as the block failed an NA build previously with a very low compression. still not sure what the go was but the cylinder walls are now screwed because someone turned over the motor while it had assembly grease and grime and stuff in it. I was considering the mahle gold pistons on my other motor but after the research i performed, i would rather have a cylinder/piston combo that dosnt have the possibility of the FRM friendly coating rubbed off. basically im looking for a build that will last a while and be able to throw what ever power i throw at it without having to rebuild it after 30k. I know everyone will have their opinion, but im going sleeved to be safe and to open up my options in the future.

I have the JDM gearbox, so im hoping the stock LSD will withhold a fair amount of power.

thanks for the suggestion about the clutch and yes E85 is definitely on the cards, so ill be looking to change the fuel pump as well.

please note the power figures i threw up are merely just a number for me to fall back on so i can be happy with the amount of money im throwing at it. If i get much higher than that, I will be over the moon. But at the same time, i don't see me using much more than 400 hp due to traction issues.

also forgot to mention that although i May drive this car sometimes during the week, I have a bike as a daily so it will pretty much be a weekend warrior.

once again. thanks bob. love hearing from you. If yourself or anyone else thinks of anything that may help or i have missed out on, let me know

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4WS - B Spec
    Perhaps give some thought to a H23 short block.
    Sounds like you've done your homework.

Administrator
    Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    cheers bob. im going to look into it now!

yeah i read up about it a lot. I figure its about time to build it the way i have wanted to since i bought it around 7 years ago