Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Generation
    4th Gen

Wheels for 4th gen

Hey I was wondering if people could help me out and put some pics and specs up of the wheels they have on there 4th gens plz as am looking to get some wheels for my lude

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    rims chop and change like fashion. Your best bet if you are not after light ones (which there is a sticky, then your best bet is to visit the websites of the manufacturers.
    ------------------------------------
    Winton : 1:48.2
    Sandown : 1:38.3

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    If you can deal with going second hand, there are heaps of wheels that come into the country on import S13's that are a good size. Since a lot of those cars are purchased by, uhh, not the most car-minded folk they typically don't know what they're worth and just want to get rid of them for 18" chrome something-or-others with negative offset. Since 4x114.3 is kind of a rare stud pattern you don't get much competition either. I was in AutoBarn on the weekend and there was a kid in there (still on P's) with a S13 carrying some sweet Super Advan SA3's who suitably reinforced my point, it's a pity they're boat anchors or I would have offered him some cash.

A few months back I picked up a set of Enkei Racing Peak II's for $300 in great condition, they need a bit of paint but there's no gutter rash. I'm just waiting to get some rubber (semi slicks are EXPENSIVE) before I can post pics.

Browse the members's rides and picture post threads if you need some inspiration. Wheels come down to personal preference and nobody can tell you what you like.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si-Vtec
    I'll be selling my Enkeis soon when i get my Advans refurbed,look nice and fresh but i'm not a multispoke fan.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SDC13233 (Medium).jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	8578

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregsir View Post
    I'll be selling my Enkeis soon when i get my Advans refurbed,look nice and fresh but i'm not a multispoke fan.

Name:	SDC13233 (Medium).jpg 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	8578
    I hope no-one minds if I jump in here? Down the track a bit - I plan to swap the stock wheels and tyres on my 4G for what I think is acceptable sizing in Victoria 215/40/17's. Through research I've already narrowed my tyre choice to Michelin Pilot Sport 3's - and with the help of lots of searching on here; found that wheel brands like Advan and Enkei figure highly with those in the know. I found that the Enkei's are on Ebay or TireRack.com for some really good prices - are there other brands that rank as well as these two?

Cheers

Steve
    Eternity - the wrong thing to be wrong about.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    let me find u some sweet sweet rims:
    http://www.importmonster.com.au/yaho...cts#2084199072

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean628 View Post
    let me find u some sweet sweet rims:
    http://www.importmonster.com.au/yaho...cts#2084199072
    Thanks Sean. I had a look - but it's way too broad as far as I could see. I think there were about 286 odd pages of wheels to sift though. Also, I'm not sure how I'd feel buying second-hand sight unseen? I would be concerned about cracks and scrapes etc.

Steve

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    Quote Originally Posted by steve-gee View Post
    Thanks Sean. I had a look - but it's way too broad as far as I could see. I think there were about 286 odd pages of wheels to sift though. Also, I'm not sure how I'd feel buying second-hand sight unseen? I would be concerned about cracks and scrapes etc.

Steve
    I did like these - 4 stud; but no real details - no specs etc?

http://www.importmonster.com.au/view...%2017%207%200J

Steve

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    I tend to look for wheels directly on Yahoo Auctions Japan. The search function on Yahoo is actually quite powerful in itself, you can sort results by stud pattern. It helps if you know what specs you want before you start though.

Anyway, a couple of links for searches in 4x114.3:
    http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/s...cat=2084008487 16"
    http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/s...cat=2084032425 17"

This narrows it down to about 300 results in each size. You can narrow it down further by width if you like, for instance most of these wheels will be 7" wide but if you're really after a 16x8 then throw 8J into the search bar. I used to search under wheel and tyre sets too but there typically isn't much of worth in there, and since either nobody will import the tyres or they cost a fortune to get here it's not worth paying the extra for them.

Import monster is supposed to be good but kind of expensive. I know some guys that have used Jesse Streeter http://jessestreeter.com/ with good success. I got a quote off him for some sweet Work Stark II's but I didn't end up wining the auction by a measly 1 yen. I believe either one will happily purchase anything off Yahoo for you though. Keep in mind that when buying wheels from Japan then there is a going to be a good $400+ spent just getting them into the country, and usually a 2-3 month wait getting them through customs. It can be well worth it though since the wheels are all so cheap.

Steve, those ones you find are only 4x100 so they won't fit your 4G. You can follow the link from the Import Monster site to the Yahoo listing which offers some more details. I can't quite tell but that ad appears to be either for just one wheel or is a per wheel price. It is quite common in Japan to sell either a single wheel or just a pair, but typically they'll take a picture of the whole set if it is a complete one. Also be careful of anything that says "Junk" in the title or description, it means the wheel is bent or buckled.

Happy hunting.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC

Imports vs New'uns

Quote Originally Posted by tassie_bb1 View Post
    I tend to look for wheels directly on Yahoo Auctions Japan. The search function on Yahoo is actually quite powerful in itself, you can sort results by stud pattern. It helps if you know what specs you want before you start though.

Anyway, a couple of links for searches in 4x114.3:
    http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/s...cat=2084008487 16"
    http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/s...cat=2084032425 17"

This narrows it down to about 300 results in each size. You can narrow it down further by width if you like, for instance most of these wheels will be 7" wide but if you're really after a 16x8 then throw 8J into the search bar. I used to search under wheel and tyre sets too but there typically isn't much of worth in there, and since either nobody will import the tyres or they cost a fortune to get here it's not worth paying the extra for them.

Happy hunting.
    Thanks Tas - I really appreciate the effort you put into replying. I'm still kinda sus about 2nd hand though - probably wouldn't be so bad if you could see them in the flesh; but sight unseen makes me cautious. On a Milano Red 4G I do like these in 17": http://tinyurl.com/ptkg6eo - (black looks good too) - into Aust for about $1120 AUD but the review by one owner was a bit concerning?

Then there's some of the locals like CSA or Speedy - limited range for Ludes - but lots closer if you break one?

Steve

Generation
    3rd Gen
    YAJ is the way to go. Most sellers post a comprehensive range of photos and generally highlight any imperfections. Can't beat the range of wheels either.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    Quote Originally Posted by Austro View Post
    YAJ is the way to go. Most sellers post a comprehensive range of photos and generally highlight any imperfections. Can't beat the range of wheels either.
    Hi Austro

Excuse my ignorance - YAJ - is that Yahoo Australia Japan?

Steve

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    S

Name:	prelude.jpg 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	8592
    This is my set up. Keep them smaller (16-17") and thicker imo

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseT View Post
    This is my set up. Keep them smaller (16-17") and thicker imo
    Must admit - I've been thinking of 17's but the local Michelin dealer reckons that with our bad Victorian country roads (read that as LOTS of potholes in Winter) - 16's are a better bet???

Steve

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Quote Originally Posted by steve-gee View Post
    Hi Austro

Excuse my ignorance - YAJ - is that Yahoo Australia Japan?

Steve
    Yahoo Auctions Japan, basically ditto what Tas said.