4th Gen

Increasing light out of town

Hey all,

I'm doing a lot of driving well out of town on dark country roads and the current setup of the car really doesn't give enough light to see everything I need to.

I've been thinking of getting some spotlights installed or perhaps one of those LED light bars, but I want to be able to install it into the space under the bumper so it doesn't add anything chunky. I have talked to a few people about it, and they have sort of said it won't work overly well because of how low to the ground it is, but I've seen cars with proper headlights right on the road and they get great distance out of them.

Currently running 55w HIDs behind DEPO projectors, but only stock high beams which don't really add much light past the HiD area.

Anyone have any experience with this sort of thing? I did also think about putting in a second HID set for the highs but am told they don't work so well for distance.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

4th Gen
    I just use the stock lights with the most legal white/blue Phillips bulbs and the view is very good..... then you can adjust your headlights a little as well.
    Winton : 1:48.2
    Sandown : 1:38.3