Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4WS
    I need a new exhaust, so wondering what did your crush bent (am guessing that's what you went with) 2.5 mild steel cat baack set ya back roughly? $700 seems a little steep if that figure is right (minus the cat etc)

I recently got offered a cheap brand new stock cat back from eBay but seemed like a waste of dollars as I would be just renewing my current set up with a freshener version when gains can be made by increasing the flow.

Also why did you go 2.5? Research or advice from someone?? Popular opinion on most Lude forums I've found is that for NA applications 2.5 is either a) overkill or b) detrimental to performance (Waiting for someone to argue the back pressure theory right about now) 2.25 seems to be the hard line consensus by most NA Luders when upgrading their zorst, not that it costs a huge deal more to go 2.5 if you are having one made up.

I'm set on going 2.5 with a 100 cell like you on a B20A 3G so wondering just what made you make that choice before I do it.

Welcome to PA too BTW, best colour for a 5G by a mile, also make sure you look at an aftermarket ECU or Apexi Neo to take that next step and make full use of the exhaust/header upgrade you just shelled out for too.

Thank me for that last piece of advice later.
    Last edited by SnowWhiteLude; 18th October 2014 at 05:37 AM.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregsir View Post
    Mmm headers,nice choice,nothing like a full system to transform your pride and joy.
    You will enjoy doing the rocker cover,makes a huge difference,mine was worse than yours is and i hated looking at it.
    It has mate both in sound and performance. Rocker cover will top off the engine bay.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowWhiteLude View Post
    I need a new exhaust, so wondering what did your crush bent (am guessing that's what you went with) 2.5 mild steel cat baack set ya back roughly? $700 seems a little steep if that figure is right (minus the cat etc)

I recently got offered a cheap brand new stock cat back from eBay but seemed like a waste of dollars as I would be just renewing my current set up with a freshener version when gains can be made by increasing the flow.

Also why did you go 2.5? Research or advice from someone?? Popular opinion on most Lude forums I've found is that for NA applications 2.5 is either a) overkill or b) detrimental to performance (Waiting for someone to argue the back pressure theory right about now) 2.25 seems to be the hard line consensus by most NA Luders when upgrading their zorst, not that it costs a huge deal more to go 2.5 if you are having one made up.

I'm set on going 2.5 with a 100 cell like you on a B20A 3G so wondering just what made you make that choice before I do it.

Welcome to PA too BTW, best colour for a 5G by a mile, also make sure you look at an aftermarket ECU or Apexi Neo to take that next step and make full use of the exhaust/header upgrade you just shelled out for too.

Thank me for that last piece of advice later.
    Hey mate,

The main reason for me going 2.5 is because of the choice of muffler, the twinloop. It makes it quieter in low rpms which I wanted and loud in high. It does cause flow restriction hence why I went 2.5". Another reason is because I've seen a lot of people and mates running 2.5" or even 3" on B18's and K20's which have smaller displacement. For instance my friends DC2 Type R is running 2.5" with a twinloop and it still only 1.8L.

It's hard to say because for the B20A. As I said I mainly went with 2.5" because of the twinloop. I've seen various people run 2.5" on B20 motors but sadly I can't offer much advice . Sorry. As for the ECU, I have been thinking about getting one, just all the work that's involved that worries me. Thanks for the advice though. Sorry again I couldn't offer much.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowWhiteLude View Post
    Really depends on how much power you're planning to make from the build and what you're aiming for. 2.25" on the B20A if you aren't doing much to the engine makes sense, H22 does put out a lot more than it. A guy in Argentina making 180whp+ from an NA D16 went 3" because he's focusing on peak power, for example.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    I've even heard people doing 2.75" or even 3" on a prelude that they're not planning to work. I do have big plans for mine but whether or not they happen is a different story. 2.25"-2.5" would be good on a B20 engine. Also depends on how much flow you want (e.g. catalytic converter, amount of hot dog mufflers and the end muffler too).

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTiR
    Too big a pipe on NA can get real loud; but worse still, lose the typical Prelude tone.
    I've even heard some cars lose their tone by using titanium.
    I'd go with a setup that's proven.

Best Shape Award = 4th Gen Prelude + Best Bang For Your Buck Award = R34 GT-R N1

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    So this happened yesterday.... Very happy with the quality and how easy the install was. Sounds amazing and really improves the overall look of the engine bay. Throttle response is really nice and power is a butt dyno opinion so no actual input will be made by me on if it makes more power at the moment.

2014-11-09 06.41.32.jpg

2014-11-08 13.47.41-1.jpg

2014-11-08 14.06.16.jpg
    Last edited by Squalled_; 16th November 2014 at 09:54 AM.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTiR
    That's good - that's good

Best Shape Award = 4th Gen Prelude + Best Bang For Your Buck Award = R34 GT-R N1

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    UPDATE:

After a nice Christmas with family and friends I might as well post pictures of what's new.

Got side and rear visors.
    2014-12-25 10.07.53.jpg

Have also now got a DC2R standard shift boot along with a Spoon gear knob. Massive thanks to my mate (N.N.) for giving me the boot and helping me with installing it.
    2014-12-24 15.24.03.jpg

Plans for this year are to look a purchasing some coilovers, paint or hydro dip the valve cover and other plastic covers and install an ultra racing strut (yet to arrive). Other than that it will mainly be smaller mods to add. The car is almost complete which means I will begin to save for my next beauty, although it'll be hard to part with the Prelude .

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    So this finally happened. Will be sanding back the letters some time in the coming week or so.

Paint been stripped off.

So much better and with a spoon oil cap.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4WS turbobo bro
    need to file the paint off the letters now

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si-Vtec
    Nice,big difference.
    Vaseline on the letters made it a sinch for me,i just lightly glided over them with a fine sanding block after.
    You obviously didn't bother with masking up the plug/oil holes no bother really but i find it can flake off some times and it maybe nasty if it gets in internally.
    Nice finish on it,what brand is the paint?
    Whats the next car in line then?

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    Soon.jpg conor07 . Any paint that got inside the cover was cleaned off so there was none in there before it was placed back on .

http://www.vhtpaint.com/products/anodized/ This is the paint I used for anyone who is curious.

At the moment I'm thinking something turbo and Nissan. Deciding between S14 series 2, S15 Spec R, R32 GTS-t or R33 GTS-t. May change over time though but that's the main cars I would like to look at .

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si-Vtec
    Ah the VHt i used their wrinkle coat in Red,i like that Blue though
    I've a soft spot for R32's and the only form i would own an R33 is Gtr,just because!
    Silvia's nah no interest but there was a very slight chance i could have swayed when i was looking at imports to buy in the $30K-$35K back in 2006 and the Dc5 TypeR won but an S15 did get a second glimpse,only just but they were fresh as back then like the Dc5's making their way to Irish shores from Jap Auctions,they weren't cheap!

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    Two of my mates have Skylines, one a R32 GTS-t type M and the other an R33 GTS-t. I really like both of them, not allowed to drive them yet though . They both look nice, sound amazing, have all of the luxuries I like and respond really well to mods. I love Honda's but I'd rather move on to Nissan's just because I've always liked them and just wanted to wait until my full license to own as what I'd call a proper turbo, rear wheel or all wheel drive Nissan .

My dream would be to get an R34 GTR in bayside blue! Although I would be happy with any other colour to be honest

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    Updates and pictures coming this week!
    Lived The Prelude Life 13/11/13 - 15/09/15
    1998 Prelude VTi-R - Supermarine Blue B-84
    H22A4, 5pd - Basic 'I wanna hear my VTEC' Modifications