Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    so for days I cant figure out why the engine wont fire, the car acts like it's still auto and the shifter not in N or P, a guy on preludepower mentioned to me that I need to short the auto shifter plug which I completely forgot, anyway short the circle the car tries to fire, cranks but only making popping sound exactly like last yr before I get rid of it, for almost 2wks I cant figure out what went wrong, I got fuel, spark and compression, and the engine was straight out my dd about 6-7 mth ago timing belt water pump and every seals done, running and untouched since, anyway finally decide to check the fuel pump just coz it doesnt make as loud noise as my current dd, pulled it out it's covered with rust and white powder

and there's bit more rust in the tank than my other one, so put tank swap on the list after rwc, anyway got bit done last couple of days, vtir front calipers and mini rotors, all new suspension bushes

tomorrow should be able finish all front suspension and hopefully the lude can move around on it's own power
    Last edited by Sean628; 28th December 2014 at 10:12 PM.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    small update car's running and driving now, score a set of rep Mugen sideskirts just couple small things to fix before take it to rwc

swtich the brake setup from vtec calipers and mini rotors to 4g non-vtec caliper and redrilled rotors was hoping to clear stock 14" wheels coz the aftermarket wheels with 215 front and 35ish offset stick out a bit, find out I need spacer to clear the calipers
    plan is to use this bumper to match the skirts and I still got cd5 rear lip will go on the car after rwc

and then I'm gonna bury this car with jdm/aftermarket goodies
    Last edited by Sean628; 5th January 2015 at 02:29 PM.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    So last few day I been flat out doing a manual swap on my dd cita, now it has:
    - new rear main seal
    - new cam seals
    - new valve cover gaskets and spark plug tube seals
    - new accessory belts
    - new oil and fuel filter
    - brand new Exedy clutch oem spec,
    - Fidanza lighweight flywheel,
    - Gates Racing timing belt
    - VMS adjustable 5-bolt cam gears,
    - 4g alternator 90amp
    - whiteline front and rear swaybars,
    - lovells progressive springs,
    - rebuilt 4g non vtec front calipers with brand new bendix pads and brand new rotors redrilled to 4x100,
    - mustardcat spec short shifter (extended the bottom part and shortened top part, done by a profesional welder/engineer/engine builder/machinist)
    - 2.25 custom exhaust with 2 resonators and megaflow muffler it sounds awesome not too loud at idle but wot it's deep and loud
    except the muffler hits the body, yeah my first time welding all the pipes up so that needs to be sort out also plan to get a cold air intake for it and my back is killing me so dont think I'm gonna driving it tmr to GOR
    Last edited by Sean628; 26th January 2015 at 08:22 PM.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    So I bought the donor car with full exhaust in the boot and cabin, and it came with a new megaflow muffler only prob is it doesnt have a offset inlet, the inlet is right in the middle, anyway I weld it all up with my gasless hoping it will work, fit it on the car and the whole exhaust just bouncing like crazy and the muffler hits the body becasue it sit at an angle due to the fact the inlet is in the middle not on one side like stock muffler, took it off today and put stock exhaust back on it's so quite now
    spend another 2-3 hrs just to figure out what's wrong with my brake pedal, after start the car, the pedal is extremely soft and easily push all the way to the floor, so I bleed all 4 calipers in the right order, still the same, and in the middle of replacing the master cylinder I notice although the car has alb the master cylinder is an non-alb one with 1 fitting changed, so I decide to try another non-alb master I have from the donor car, bench bleeded it put on the car bleed it again, and I still have very soft pedal, lucky I still have the alb master cylinder removed from my other cita, along with the line with the original bigger size fitting, so swap those, bench bleed, bleed, now I got the brake pedal, not sure what exactly is difference between alb brake master and non-alb one except 1 fitting's different, they are both 15/16, but anyway got this sorted, now
    Last edited by Sean628; 26th January 2015 at 03:09 PM.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws

Generation
    Non Honda
    Model
    WRX
    far out you're like a prelude guru! your workmanship is tops!

when you do the manual conversion int he auto prelude which wires do you kill off/solder off or connect together to allow the ECU to let the car start?

HRPM Motorsports - "Driver development is equally if not more important than building a fast car"

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    after I finish with varies vss this iswhat's , the hybrid vss 3g s1 vss bottom 4g vss top, manage to take a pic before I pulled the engine and gearbox apart to replace the rear main seal also try my hands to paint the hood black didnt turn out as I excepted will try again tmr and this will be on top of it
    still need to put the headunit in and that's pretty it

Generation
    2nd Gen
    Model
    but upgraded.
    Well done.

When do you plan to get the roadworthy sorted?
    83 JDM AB prelude

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    the white cita now refuse to start, I actually started yesterday let it ran for about 20 mins when I was roller painting the hood, now it just making poping banging noise, swapped the fuel pump from another car hoping it would start just like last time this happened, nop, still the same, thinking I might just get rid of the lot for good lol

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Damn you're selling the grey one for real cheap.... sad to hear. What are your next plans then?

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Don"t know I might actually sell the white one as well, I'm going back to China for several months due to family issues, if I sold white car, I'll be adding some more parts to the grey one, I still have full poly bushes, swaybars, strut bars and coilovers, put a higher price on carsale, if it's not sold when I come back then I'll just keep driving it, otherwise I'm getting something different.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    So I swap out the ecu, dizzy and leads, spark plugs, and tip the fuel filter upside down only clear fuel come out, car still doing the same popping sound, now suppose I dont get enough fuel pressure, will a walbro 255hp solve the issue?

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Popping sound is usually no compression. Do a compression test, check your timing.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    So walbro 255 ordered hope I can get it before next Wednesday, rebuild my vtir front calipers today, turns out 3g 4g calipers (f&r) has same size pistions the difference is the pin size pin boots, and the overall size of the caliper, anyway took some pics:

apart

done!

wish I have access to a parts washer, after 2and half bottle of degresser, I decide to leave them dirty, now wonder how I'm gonna paint them
    Last edited by Sean628; 1st February 2015 at 05:50 PM.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Took the grey lude to the mechanic for the first time coz the transmission fill bolt is stuck anyway they put the car on the lift and notice the steering rack and part of the front swaybar is covered in oil and I checked the ps fliud resoviror it's low so booked the car in for a check hope it's something small