Si 4WS - B Spec
    Well played. Welcome to the WRX club.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Yummy.
    Grip > Slip.

1989 Honda Prelude SI.4WS, Pheonix Red - SSV-135 / PR3LDE - Rust in Peace.
    1989 Honda Prelude SI.4WS, Polar White - PR3LDE - Rust in Peace.
    1987 Honda Prelude JDM SI.4WS - Granada Black - Work in progress.
    2002 Mitsubishi Lancer CE Coupe - Amethyst Black Pearl - Daily.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Si
    Congratz, and to be honest I think after driving the wifes new mazda 3... I'm sick of "old" cars... I like features and modern handling.. new mazda 3 trumps the lude in every aspect. My next will have to be near new or new and big and a 4x4 xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    +1 it's stiffness that counts. Not Diameter. At least thats what the wife tells me.
    (not sure she knows that much about cars though)

Generation
    Non Honda
    Thanks guys, I came to the conclusion a while ago, like you veilside, that owning old cars that kept needing work done was not what I wanted and that my RS covered what was needed from a daily but it was slow for when I wanted to have fun and the shifter was too indirect.

This came up for sale it's a 2012 MY13 Premium WRX so it gets the leather seats, sunroof and Nav. Also by that time it got the 2.5L engine and this particular car has the STI developed short shifter in it. It ticked over 8,300km last night and being an executive driven car the discount was huge so I got it for a bargain compared to buying one new so all round I'm happy!

I've already found I drive this slower than my RS so hopefully I won't loose points like I may have done with a supra

My best mate got his new car, the falcon XR6 ute in front of my car in the third pic, for a bargain too the day before I got mine so good times all round!
    Last edited by ego; 2nd March 2014 at 01:47 PM.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTiR
    Congratulations on your astute buying of a great driver's car Tim!

Is it a buyers' market out there atm? I suspect so due to economy being tight.

Best Shape Award = 4th Gen Prelude + Best Bang For Your Buck Award = R34 GT-R N1

Generation
    Non Honda
    Thanks Terry! I'd say it is a buyer's market at the moment, people are being cautious with money on the whole so prices seem to be getting sharper and sharper to try to lure people into parting with some coin.

2 months ago this car was for sale for 43K (brand new sees you part with almost 50K) and by the time I'd negotiated a bit and played hard to get on the trade-in I'd got it for $36,790 and an extra $1500 for my black one making change over 21K. I angled for 20K but settled there.

All in all I'm thrilled. Love the AWD I've become used to, but now it growls beautifully and has some go as well that my RS obviously lacked. What really surprised me was how easy it is to just drive it normally in daily traffic. The clutch is heavy enough to give feeling without becoming exercise and under 3K and off turbo it's happy to just pootle around. So far my fuel consumption is roughly the same which I'm thrilled about haha
    Last edited by ego; 3rd March 2014 at 02:12 PM.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    Do you find it a bit boaty vs the s2000 you used to own?
    ”uoǝbunp ǝɥʇ oʇ
    グ-ビ ください

Generation
    Non Honda
    Can't really compare the two cars to be honest given the AP1 is more than a decade old now. The S2K was like a go kart, great fun for twisty mountain roads but no traction control/ stability control meant driving it in the wet was an exercise in car control as it would spin its rear wheels even at 60km/h under acceleration and the back would break loose very easily on any corner giving over to wild oversteer in the wet and even in the dry requiring some pretty sharp reflexes.

In day to day driving i think they are both similarly stiffly set up, but the extra size of the WRX is good, the s2k is so snug around you its like driving a coffin sometimes when you pull up next to a truck and your head doesn't clear the truck's wheels.

For a day at the track S2K, for comfort and power for daily drive i take WRX for sure.
    Last edited by ego; 4th March 2014 at 08:22 AM.

Generation
    Non Honda
    One week in all going well, i haven't decided to sell it yet hahaha. I'll have to find some time to go and drive some real roads not just suburban commuting but really enjoying it.

Might update the sound system as the standard speakers are just average. Not really wanting to do too much to it, might look at an exhaust eventually but i love the quad tips and i don't want it to be too loud so not really sure what to get. Also might get the STI front splitter, i think it looks good but only if i can get it cheap,they go for about $800 from dealers.

Silver was a good choice, get no attention at all except from over excited P platers in NA subies. Haven't had police give me so much as a second look.

All in all really enjoying having a car that is comfortable enough for daily and powerful enough to stick it through some corners.

Generation
    Non Honda
    Cheers bob! Looks like what i'm after.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    Nice work mate. They look good in silver too
    And with the sheer number of those things around, you'll never have Police attention in one. I know a couple of local Supra owners and they are forever checking their mirrors.

Generation
    Non Honda
    Thanks Col, i have not even had a policeman give me a second glance in it yet which is more than i could say for the likely outcome of having a modified supra as a daily. The silver is good for blending in but also enjoying not having to look at a filthy car every time it spits with rain or there is some wind blowing dust around. Great not having a black car anymore!

Thinking i might upgrade the speakers in the car as they are pretty povo at the moment. No sub or bs like that just some better quality. I don't want to start modding this too much otherwise i will get police attention.