Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Generation
    3rd Gen
    Quote Originally Posted by Daugaard View Post
    Please follow this trough! If you get it working il put a K24 in mine =)
    I intend to, the engine arrived yesterday, I'm picking it up today, cant wait. The K24 is taller but possible I think. We'll find out soon enough.
    I'm waiting ill they sort out the CAN bus issues, then I'm dropping one in a new Jazz. The CAN bus is a bitch, my bike has it as well and no one has been able to crack it (Honda's) yet.
    Have to go to different systems to get things working. I like it when people have a positive outlook, this negative stuff does my head in.

Cheers Rusty
    Last edited by RustyBit; 23rd January 2014 at 09:18 PM.
    If it doesn't do what you want....make it!

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si-Vtec
    Good for you,what would you estimate the time to do it all and have it running?
    Would like to get a TypeS or EuroR H22a in to my daily by the end of the year,don't think i will be doing it myself though.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Everytime you learn something new you get smarter. Thanks for the info.
    Guess il be going K20 to if this works out.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregsir View Post
    Good for you,what would you estimate the time to do it all and have it running?
    Would like to get a TypeS or EuroR H22a in to my daily by the end of the year,don't think i will be doing it myself though.
    I'm estimating and allowing 6 months, I work full time, so it's a night and weekend project. I was looking at the EuroR myself when I was thinking of a H22 swap, but I just didn't want all the extra weight and 100mm ground clearance. Yours is a different story though, should be a piece of cake, might be easier just to do your engine, sorry just remembered FRM cylinders, bugger!!. I hope to be doing a build thread, but it takes so much of what little time I will have. I have the K20 now.
    Cheers Rusty
    Everytime you learn something new you get smarter. Thanks for the info.
    Guess il be going K20 to if this works out.
    No problem, I have the K20 sitting on a pallet in front of the 91 now, and just remeasured, plus measured a lot more, and I do think it's going to be easier than I originally thought. I'll know more when I get into it though. Have to make my own axles and loom naturally, but size wise it's so close in dimensions to the B20A, just the different aspect will be the main issue, the exhaust is going to fun.

Cheers Rusty

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Wonderful! Can't wait :-)

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Wonderful! Can't wait :-)
    You can't, how do think I'm feeling, having that sit there while I rebuild the 88, and a 200000 service on the 89. I'm itching to get into it, BAD!
    Will keep you posted. Oh, as well as putting my Viffer 1200 (bike) back together at night.

Cheers Rusty

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBit View Post
    You can't, how do think I'm feeling, having that sit there while I rebuild the 88, and a 200000 service on the 89. I'm itching to get into it, BAD!
    Will keep you posted. Oh, as well as putting my Viffer 1200 (bike) back together at night.

Cheers Rusty
    Stop with the nonsense Rusty! Squeeze the K20 in, that's priority!

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si-Vtec
    Well good luck with it all and i look forward to seeing the updates.

Any chance you can pass on your engine sourcer

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Well good luck with it all and i look forward to seeing the updates.

Any chance you can pass on your engine sourcer
    Thanks I may need all the luck I can get, nah, piece of cake!!!
    Not to sure whether I trust them fully, but it came from On Boost in Revesby NSW, they have yet to prove to me that I would risk my reputation by recommending them.
    So if you choose to go through them, I haven't recommended them yet.

Cheers Rusty

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Thats where i got my k20a for my civic. Clean engine no smoke/leaks/damage

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Quote Originally Posted by Hprelude89 View Post
    Thats where i got my k20a for my civic. Clean engine no smoke/leaks/damage
    I guess you were able to go round and inspect before you purchased it. I unfortunately couldn't, so requested photos etc. of the ACTUAL engine I would be sent, plus requested compression readings as they claimed to have performed a compression check. They were always gonna get back to me on the compression readings, did send photos of a nice clean engine though. They also claimed the car was only showing around 75,000k's on it. They would not disclose the VIN or REG, claiming they had been stitched up by people using them, and it would be on the invoice. I now know why, they wouldn't reveal anything. Worst wreckers I have ever dealt with, when they packed the engine on the "pallet", they strapped it down with metal strapping across the rocker cover and inlet manifold plastic cover, damaging both. Then to make it worse, they picked up the engine with a fork tang and went straight into the manifold cover, breaking it. When I received the engine, after checking the damage I noticed that the coil cover had not been removed for a LONG time, so no compression check. 75,000k's, make that at least 3-4 times that just by the caked on grease alone. Turns out the car was deregistered in NSW 4/09, they then claimed that it had been registered in VIC, no joy.

My advice is unless you can hand pick from them DO NOT BUY FROM THEM! They have until the end of the week to supply the 75,000k engine I was shown or refund in full, if not my bank is going to reverse the entire sum, so I'm smiling now. Oh, BTW they quoted $4450, shipped, the invoice had $4500 on it and they charged my credit card $4600.

Trustworthy, not by a long shot.

Cheers Rusty

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si-Vtec
    Thats shit,your doing the right thing.
    More expensive than i thought too but i haven't looked fully in to it yet but was dicing with a purchase of the engine back home in Ireland myself as there is a fair amount of them available now especially what i will be looking for,there was a 1996 import TypeS for instance going for $1600 recentley,it had the bonnet hit back on the windsrceen damaging both good Km's too.

I will trowel through it first and see which is best in the end and cheapest and for say $500(est) for an engine shipped from that side of the world it would be worth it.

Hope it works out for you,bit of hassle and i'm sure you did it all by the book with them,what timewasters!

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Thats shit,your doing the right thing.
    More expensive than i thought too but i haven't looked fully in to it yet........ 1996 import TypeS for instance going for $1600
    Hi Greg, It sounds like you are looking at H or B series engines, the K series didn't start until 2001. The first one we saw was in the DC5 ITR, completely different to the B18C in a 96.
    I will trowel through it first and see which is best in the end and cheapest and for say $500(est) for an engine shipped from that side of the world it would be worth it.
    Mate if you can get me a K ITR or CTR engine for that price I'll pay for the container and fill it up. Seriously!!
    Hope it works out for you,bit of hassle and i'm sure you did it all by the book with them,what timewasters!
    Ta for the support, I'm lucky enough to have a good bank, Mastercard are very cooperative when it come sto fraud etc. They advised me what to do, and then gave them a week to fix it or, WHAM! Tried my best to do the right thing , even gave them the chance to get out, saving face, by sending an email, suggesting to them that "perhaps by now they had realised they had made a MISTAKE and shipped me the wrong engine". No reply again, after many phone calls, finally got a reply from Bill, and the BS flowed again. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0175.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	8289This was the engine I was supposed to get, nicely shot photo's that don't give away too much. The one I got had different writing on the mani, cover plus the damage. My bank is very keen to reverse the charges in full, whether they swap/pickup the engine or not. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0944.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	3.0 KB 
ID:	8290Came across this COMPLETE engine, as it is in a complete car, in a FN2 2008 CTR. The engine is in perfect nick, the only problem was that the girl driver parked the CTR on it's roof. The only issue I have at the mo. is whether I can remove the TBW system and then use an earlier TB in an OBD0 car. I bought it anyway, (can withdraw) as it has the lovely Black & Red Recaro style Alacantra seats and full interior. The engine and gearbox drive beautifully. Plus it was the right price for a complete car. Still waiting for some answers on the TBW from K20.org, I wasn't looking at this far advanced engine, so hadn't looked the system. I know I can't use the ECU without a few piggybacks, hopefully I find my answers soon. Even if I part it out I'm way in front, well, apart from pacifying the other half. lol

Generation
    Non Honda
    I think this is nuts.. im a guy whos done some pretty cool conversions, boosted the first H22 in the country and 3rd gen H22 which was a pain in the ass!!It was cool when finished though (much love to VCobra).

for starters can you get engine mounts for this conversion or are you going to custom? wiring will be a pain, K blocks run opposite to all the other motors in preludes (exhaust out the back not front and down past the sump).. a LOT of customizing is gonna be happening here.. i know ive been out of the scene for a while.. but GOOD LUCK!

Daugaard, sump on the K24 hangs really low and i would say probably too low to do that kind of thing (unless you run a remote/ dry sump)

-Elee
    STUFF FOR SALE!

4G jdm fog lights $80
    Had a prang? Front and Rear bumpers $50 each!!
    TANABE rear muffler brand new in box $250
    Thinking of going K series in your 4th gen?? I have the HASPORT BBK mount kit brand new for $400
    H22 intake manifold $50
    Brand new 65mm K series Throttle Body $100

PM me for details!

Generation
    3rd Gen
    I know this now. Dry sump won't really help either due to gearbox being in the way unfortunately.