Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTI-R

Exclamation Headunit Wiring Ignition Problems [97 VTI-R]

Hey guys. Hope I'm posting this in the right section. I've been trying to search about this problem on the net for ages now. Maybe someone here can help me.

I bought my lude a while ago from gumtree (lol). I've got this problem where my headunit doesn't want to turn off with the ignition. I have to manually turn it off and on which is a pain in the arse. Even if I take out the keys the headunit still goes.

Now I've tried switching the red (ignition) and yellow (12v constant) around, it worked for a while but then the memory wouldn't save on the headunit and then after a while it didn't want to turn off with the ignition (which was weird) so I switched the wires back to original position. I then tried to manually ground it to the chassis; did not solve the problem. I checked all the fuses in the engine and driver kick panel, all in good condition still.

I don't think it's anything to do with the headunit itself because there was a pioneer headunit when I bought the car and it seemed to have had the same problem. I then purchased a new Sony Xplod HU and had to wire the prelude audio wires with a sony harness and the problem still occurred.

So my guess is, it's probably got something to do with the internal wiring in the car.
    Another guess is that it probably has something to do with the Accessory Power Relay?
    I haven't tested it with one of those volt meters yet.

This problem has really been bugging me as I love cruizing with music but sucks cos I want the head unit to turn off with the ignition

If someone can give me a solution to this that would be very helpful! Thanks.

Vehicle: Honda Prelude 97 VTI-R (H22A4) BB6
    Head Unit: Sony Xplod DSX-A50BT
    Last edited by JahSlice; 14th August 2013 at 08:42 PM.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Si
    So pretty much, you havent wired the Accessories wire from the HU to the accessories wire in your wiring harness?

That will be the problem yo

If the case is that you have, then I suspect that it could be the relay, however the wire makes more sense.

I asked you where abouts you were in your intro thread, if you are nearby and I have a quick minute to check it out, we can see if I can give it a go lmzo
    ʍǝɹɔ uʍop ǝpısdn

私の進行中のスレッドを確認してください
    Quote Originally Posted by lommytam2342 View Post
    Hey Furo, whats the finger spacing for your rear?
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Eevil View Post
    How much do I have to pay you or how much dick do I have to suck to get you to take me for a ride?!

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTI-R
    Quote Originally Posted by renzokukenj View Post
    So pretty much, you havent wired the Accessories wire from the HU to the accessories wire in your wiring harness?
    By accessories you mean the ignition red wire right? Or are you talking about the Orange wire which is the Illumination wire (my sony harness doesn't have an Illumination wire on it).

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Si
    Quote Originally Posted by JahSlice View Post
    By accessories you mean the ignition red wire right? Or are you talking about the Orange wire which is the Illumination wire (my sony harness doesn't have an Illumination wire on it).
    Yep usually it's the red wire going into the accessories cable, as at the moment I assume it's going into the constant which means that it's signalling that your accessories is on (from the constant 12v from the battery) and won't turn off

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    ʍǝɹɔ uʍop ǝpısdn

私の進行中のスレッドを確認してください
    How much do I have to pay you or how much dick do I have to suck to get you to take me for a ride?!

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTI-R
    Yep usually it's the red wire going into the accessories cable, as at the moment I assume it's going into the constant which means that it's signalling that your accessories is on (from the constant 12v from the battery) and won't turn off
    Yeah, I've got that connected. I'll chuck some pics up.
    i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr291/JahanAFRIKA/DSC_4014_zpsee948fc3.jpg
    It's not letting me post links but if you paste that into your web browser it should show.
    You can see the red wire from the harness (which is the ignition aka accessory wire) is hooked up to the red/white factory wire, which I'm guessing is the ignition switch for a prelude 97 model?
    And the yellow 12v constant is hooked up to the yellow/white factory wire. I solder the 12v, ignition and the ground wire and just taped it up. Haven't soldered the other ones because I'm not sure if its hooked up to the correct wires (speakers seems to work correctly though).

I was following this diagram:
    i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr291/JahanAFRIKA/photo_zps16167bb9.jpg

But then I found another diagram someone had put up, here's the screen shot:
    i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr291/JahanAFRIKA/photo1_zpse6cba046.jpg
    In that one the constant 12v is Blue/White. It's really confusing lol
    Does anyone have the correct factory audio wiring diagram for a prelude 97?

The previous owner seemed to have f'd around with the wiring alot. There's still a neon light hanging underneath the steering wheel wires but the connections seems to have been cut off lol
    Last edited by JahSlice; 14th August 2013 at 10:02 PM.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Si
    I'll go and have a look tomorrow mun, but I will let you know

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    ʍǝɹɔ uʍop ǝpısdn

私の進行中のスレッドを確認してください

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTI-R
    I'll go and have a look tomorrow mun, but I will let you know
    That would be awesome mate! Cheers

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTI-R
    *BUMP*
    Can anyone show me the correct factory audio wiring diagram for a prelude 97?