Generation
    5th Gen

Can't figure location for one vacuum line

Hey guys so I have a 98 5th gen (vtir h22a4). Did a full engine rebuild and can't seem to figure out what this vacuum line goes to.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130803_155414.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	8024

It's on the passenger side of the intake manifold L shaped tube facing back.. I used the workshop manual and it does not seem to have a line on this part. the others are in the manual but this one. As far as i could tell. After searching through tons of photos all I can find is that the line drops down under the manifold.

Does anyone have a vacuum diagram to suit the australian vtir as the manuals I have seem to be american versions. Or photos of their lines would be good.

Any help would be great.
    -matt

Generation
    5th Gen
    I have a feeling it has an open one for a breather, fairly sure mine is like that too but will have to look tomorrow.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    Lol defiantly not a breather, all vacuum lines must be blocked or you will get a hunting idle. FYI you van plug pretty much any thing that needs a vacuum to anywhere on the intake, only difference is pre throttle or post throttle vacuum but that L shapped one pretty sure goes to the black box under your intake for the butterfly plates on the runners. Gonna be a bitch to get to.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Thanks guys, I was thinking of just blocking it off but I seem to be running pretty rich.so I wanted to get everything set right first and then see if there is any problems.

This is how I have it set up at the moment

Name:	1375574215276.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	8025
    Green lines seem to match all fine. Orange section apears to be different (see next image for what it is like on mine) the red circle is where im trying find what it goes to.

Name:	20130804_094235.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	8026

I had a rough look around just before could find any other boxes or nipples that would goto this. But ill try have a better look later today.

Name:	20130804_094256.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	8027
    Overall pic

Anyone with any ideas would be great

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    what's the black box under the intake mani I think I broke one of the connector the other day

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    OK the first vacuum line you have plugged up to your left which looks stretched(has a restrictor on it) plugs into your actual intake nipple which should be sticking up. And where its plugged in atm actually comes with a nipple on it from factory blocked, the one next to that goes to that L snapped nipple. There is a black oval box thing which sits under your factory intake near the battery which also has a vacuum line that goes somewhere can't remember as most people just rip it out because its pointless. If your car starts and is not rev hunting or idling above 1k after warm you don't have any missing.

EDIT: actually I'm from the solenoid box is that long ass one with the restrictor leave that where it is, but the one next to it is usually just capped off

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    BTW the diagram you have is for h23 not 22

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    This is how mine is
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1375584430813.jpg   uploadfromtaptalk1375584491611.jpg   uploadfromtaptalk1375584509534.jpg  

Generation
    5th Gen
    The right one you have blocked I have to my cruise control at the moment. Also at the right you have 3 lines where as I have only 2 see picture

Name:	20130804_130939.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	8031

I dont appear to have a nipple on the intake either pointing up.

Hmm I might put the cruise on the l shaped one and block off the second top one.

Is there a manual available for the vtir 5th gens in aus.because I got that diagram out of the 5th gen manual but if thats a h23 then probs not right.

Thanks for the photos will try few arrangments and see what happens.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    Yes the 5th gens the L shapped goes to the cruise control. My h22 is out of a 5th Gen too but obviously in the 4th Gen it doesn't sit next to the intake. Like I said just put whatever anywhere it doesn't matter as long as there's not own nipples on the intake.

Generation
    5th Gen
    haha I was very wrong, don't know what I was thinking, my bad.

yeah it goes to a little canister connected to the cruise control.