Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    ATTS

Question Headunit music mashup

So I have had this random no brand head unit since I bought the car with the same SD card no changes have been made to the head unit or anything. just recently it decided to "mix/Mash up" 2 songs together.

First song will start playing for a few seconds then the next song cuts in (no transition effects like a dj would) it plays for 1 minute then cuts back to the first song. I have checked the SD card there are no mixes or "mashups". No other other songs are effected its just those.

I have tried to come up with a reasonable explanation as to why its happening but just wondering if anyone could help with ideas as to why its happening
    Quote Originally Posted by Kozman91 View Post
    I didn't choose the lude life, it choose me
    Quote Originally Posted by AdReNaLiN View Post
    If it's got wheels or floats, if its got tits or wings, it's only ever going to cost more money.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Probably just a fault in the head unit. You could try resetting it (by unplugging the battery). If that fails, maybe get a new unit.

Original Member: 2003 "Adam"

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Si
    Ghosts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    Did you hear about the Dyslexic Agnostic Insomniac.....

He lay awake all night, wondering if there really was a DOG....!!

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    ATTS
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackR View Post
    Probably just a fault in the head unit. You could try resetting it (by unplugging the battery). If that fails, maybe get a new unit.
    Probably will replace it, its pretty crappy
    Quote Originally Posted by MattR View Post
    Ghosts
    haunted by a dj
    If it's got wheels or floats, if its got tits or wings, it's only ever going to cost more money.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Custom
    If it's just those two songs that cause the problem, I'd be thinking along the lines of corrupted files. Are they MP3's you have on the SD? You could try recopying them from your source to see if that fixes the issue.
    Also, are the songs related in any way? I mean, are they the only two sitting in a particular folder or do you have them structured into a playlist together or something like that?
    The path of Honda is beset on all sides by the iniquities of Mazda and the tyranny of Nissan. Blessed is the Honda owner who in the name of handling and performance shepherds his Honda through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his Honda's keeper and the finder of lost kilowatts. And I will strike down upon thee with great acceleration and furious VTEC those who attempt to overtake and destroy my Hondas. And you will know my name is PRELUDE when I lay my VTEC upon thee.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    ”uoǝbunp ǝɥʇ oʇ
    グ-ビ ください

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Si
    Quote Originally Posted by manolii View Post
    So I have had this random no brand head unit since I bought the car with the same SD card no changes have been made to the head unit or anything. just recently it decided to "mix/Mash up" 2 songs together.

First song will start playing for a few seconds then the next song cuts in (no transition effects like a dj would) it plays for 1 minute then cuts back to the first song. I have checked the SD card there are no mixes or "mashups". No other other songs are effected its just those.

I have tried to come up with a reasonable explanation as to why its happening but just wondering if anyone could help with ideas as to why its happening
    this sounds so fantastic

imagine if it mixed 2 songs just at the right time

get a sd card with biggie and 2pac, and let them play together lmzo
    ʍǝɹɔ uʍop ǝpısdn

私の進行中のスレッドを確認してください
    Quote Originally Posted by lommytam2342 View Post
    Hey Furo, whats the finger spacing for your rear?
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Eevil View Post
    How much do I have to pay you or how much dick do I have to suck to get you to take me for a ride?!

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4WS
    Replace with a known good working SD card and see if it does it.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Custom
    ^^ That's a good point Snow. How big is the card you're using? Any chance it's a fake? There are a LOT of 2GB SD cards floating around that have been hacked to make them look like they have 32GB capacity, both in the labelling and in the way they report their address tables to your OS. If you google SD card check you can find a few software tools that will help you check whether or not it's a fake.
    If you happened to have a fake card and the contents of those two songs resided on or near the boundary of the actual highest memory addresses of the card that may cause this sort of issue with playback.
    The path of Honda is beset on all sides by the iniquities of Mazda and the tyranny of Nissan. Blessed is the Honda owner who in the name of handling and performance shepherds his Honda through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his Honda's keeper and the finder of lost kilowatts. And I will strike down upon thee with great acceleration and furious VTEC those who attempt to overtake and destroy my Hondas. And you will know my name is PRELUDE when I lay my VTEC upon thee.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    ATTS
    It is a legit SD card I bought it from a shop. I have formatted it and re added the songs in and same thing. I have also tried a different SD card with the same result so im going to say its a head unit error. thanks guys