Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws

Mechanical 4ws Wheel Alignment

I think there should be a thread for people to list places that do 4WS alignment, I didn't have much luck searching and had a lot of trouble finding a shop that does it.

Went to Goodyear 2 days ago and they said they can do it, I asked them to see the tool that locks the back wheels (thanks conor!) and the guys like "don't worry we have 50+ years experience doing wheel alignments trust me we can lock the back wheels" I'm like "okay should be alright then" like an idiot.

so I give them the keys and 15 minutes later the mechanic figures out that he can't do it because the back wheels are moving! really annoyed me because they treated me like I don't know anything (which is half true! )

anyway, I just called up Brooks Tyres and questioned them and I am fairly sure they can do it so I'll start..

NSW

Brooks Tyres (Parramatta) - $110
    http://www.brookstyres.com.au/

Road and Race Performance - $150 (not 100% sure)
    http://www.roadandraceperformance.com.au/

Pedders Suspension - Granville - $120
    http://www.pedders.com.au/

Roseberry Steering - $85
    731 Botany Rd Sydney NSW 2018
    (02) 9698 1778
    www.roseberysteering.com.au

Victoria

Competition Tyres & More

Track Side Tyres
    Craig Robinson
    Ph: (03) 9761 5557
    Mob: 0409 021 885
    Factory 2b, 161 Canterbury Rd
    Kilsyth Vic 3137
    Email: trakside@netlink.com.au
    http://www.tracksidetyres.com.au/index.html

South Australia - Adelaide

Pedders at Marion

Bridgestone select at Munno Para
    Last edited by m00`; 11th September 2014 at 09:24 PM.
    "You don't feel the speed, in a way. You just don't feel the speed. The car is so stable and so comfortable.. unless you look at the speed gauge you don't realise you're going that fast. This is a good compromise between the sporting side and the comfort side. As I said, I think it is a super, super car." - Ayrton Senna

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4WS - B Spec
    Having had this car for so long it's an endless issue.

I've not come across a shop that will actually use the tool. But have had some pretty good alignments done. Other places have just been crap.

Best places i've found are suspension shops.
    Tyre places are generally clueless.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Went to a place without the key the mechanic spent almost 40 mins do it mostly by eyes I was bi worried but the result is pretty good guess experience in building racing car helps btw he tested drive it 3 times each time is like almost 5 -10 mins guess he just went out anf enjoy the 4ws lol

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si
    This is why i can't stand handing my keys to anyone. Mechanics must hate me, i talk REALLY SLOWLY AND CLEARLY, to get the message across. If i don't think they get it, i walk away. Probably dodged countless bullets.
    Quote Originally Posted by brash22 View Post
    You sir are mad. Like lock you in the nuthouse mad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabir View Post
    You sir are a prelude obsessed freak.
    Quote Originally Posted by hiru View Post
    you sir, are a prelunatic.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4ws
    This is a good thread, I need to find somewhere to do an alignment, its pretty basic to explain it to them, I just ask them if they know of the tool to lock the rear rack, if they don't, I explain it, trying not to be condescending. Not hard to just say, you stick this tool into the back rack to lock it up, and away you go with a standard alignment.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Quote Originally Posted by Kozman91 View Post
    This is a good thread, I need to find somewhere to do an alignment, its pretty basic to explain it to them, I just ask them if they know of the tool to lock the rear rack, if they don't, I explain it, trying not to be condescending. Not hard to just say, you stick this tool into the back rack to lock it up, and away you go with a standard alignment.
    if its just a standard alignment after locking the back wheels why do they think its okay to charge you a 150% the normal amount because its a '4 wheel steering' alignment? :/
    "You don't feel the speed, in a way. You just don't feel the speed. The car is so stable and so comfortable.. unless you look at the speed gauge you don't realise you're going that fast. This is a good compromise between the sporting side and the comfort side. As I said, I think it is a super, super car." - Ayrton Senna

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    If your looking for a good 4WS alignment go to Competition tyres and more next to Astoria Honda.
    They walk over and grab the tool off Astoria for the wheel alignment. They are experienced with the 4WS.
    Had it done a couple of times there. Really good

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4ws
    Quote Originally Posted by m00` View Post
    if its just a standard alignment after locking the back wheels why do they think its okay to charge you a 150% the normal amount because its a '4 wheel steering' alignment? :/
    Because they can.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4ws
    Quote Originally Posted by ktachimoto View Post
    If your looking for a good 4WS alignment go to Competition tyres and more next to Astoria Honda.
    They walk over and grab the tool off Astoria for the wheel alignment. They are experienced with the 4WS.
    Had it done a couple of times there. Really good
    Whats the height limit on their machine, I can't make it up on raise stands LOL

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si4ws Turbo
    they charge more because we have adjustable camber, castor and toe, both front and rear. Locking the rack just makes it easier, they still have to adjust everything.

I have my own tool, and use the local tire shop for alignment, they let me specify my own setting, within reason.
    ~Ian~

Anything thing I say is my opinion, all care, but no responsibility taken.

1989 Prelude Si Turbo - Laguna gold - Progress thread index or My Garage
    Prelude Australia POTM - June 2009 ..... Prelude Power POTM - July 2010
    2006 CBR1000RR - Silver Metallic - Clicky

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    just did my 4WS alignment. highly recommend Brookes Tyres!

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    went to a tyre shop yesterday to fit some tyres, it happen to be a race shop, owner name Craig very enthusiastic guy who actually knows mechanical 4ws in preludes and he owns a old isuzu? which is on the first page of his website, there's lots and lots tyres in the shop and a lot of them are hoosier slicks all size and shape, the tyre fitting machine is actually in a trailler so he can take it to winton in the weekends, and there's was a sti rally car taht was doing alignment when I was there, anyway I'm definitely taking my car to him to do the alignment, here's info:

Craig Robinson
    Kilsyth Vic 3137

btw he is a busy guy but his price is very competitive
    Last edited by Sean628; 23rd May 2013 at 03:25 AM.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4ws
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean628 View Post
    went to a tyre shop yesterday to fit some tyres, it happen to be a race shop, owner name Craig very enthusiastic guy who actually knows mechanical 4ws in preludes and he owns a old isuzu? which is on the first page of his website, there's lots and lots tyres in the shop and a lot of them are hoosier slicks all size and shape, the tyre fitting machine is actually in a trailler so he can take it to winton in the weekends, and there's was a sti rally car taht was doing alignment when I was there, anyway I'm definitely taking my car to him to do the alignment, here's info:

Craig Robinson
    Kilsyth Vic 3137

btw he is a busy guy but his price is very competitive
    Thanks for the info, I'm going for an alignment on Monday at Tyre Factory if they can't do 4ws right I'll go to this guy, they don't sound very confident on the phone, had no idea what I was talking about LOL

Generation
    4th Gen
    For anyone in Adelaide, Pedders at Marion have the 4WS Alignment Tool & they do good work.

None of the Honda Dealers have a $WS Tool, and I tried numerous places before someone pointed me towards Pedders.

Would like to get the 4WS Tool at some point as the guys I usually use (Road Style Tyre & Battery, Lonsdale) don't have access to one anymore after Pedders at Lonsdale closed down. They used to borrow the 4WS Tool from them. These guys really know their stuff -they have their own track cars-and they've fixed every steering/alignment issue that others have told me about before I've referred them to Road Style.

They're perfectionists & if they're not 100% happy with the result they won't charge you at all. Everyone I've referred them to keeps using them, even if they have to travel a fair distance to get to them.

Generation
    4th Gen

Adelaide

Sorry, double post.

vbulletin strikes again lol.
    Last edited by mokhkw; 18th June 2013 at 07:17 AM.