Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coilover Kits

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    vti-R
    Well you're not wrong about our road conditions compared to USA conditions (I've been there I've seen it) lol, ksports are great I've had them in my S14 (Ksport kontrol pro) years ago, but personally not for my lude. I've heard many positives about bc br's (not only from US reviews), but I guess you can't really put criticism on a product unless you've used it personally.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    Quote Originally Posted by diMii View Post
    Lol first mistake is taking info from USA. The roads are COMPLETELY different than here its much smoother there. Australia has some screwed up roads. I would of gone for ksports for that money.
    Well when i went to the US the roads there were much worse... much much much worse!!!!!!! unless you are driving on their highways which are good or interconnects, in the older cities, there are pot holes and roads that need fixing all over the place. its hard to go down a street without hitting a pot hole
    ------------------------------------
    Winton : 1:48.2
    Sandown : 1:38.3

Generation
    5th Gen
    Good choice mate, these are $1,200 del. to door! I am really considering them myself. Its not easy to folk out but!

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    Bro America is not just one town or city lol its huge and most places have awesome roads hence the hektic low cars and stupid poke hella flush scene, they can afford to be stupidly low because the roads are more forgiving. All in all every coil over will be bout the same under the 2k 1.5k mark

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTiR
    I reckon if they've got a good rap from somewhere else with numerous sources backing it up, go for it. Sounds like they were the right choice for you anyway. I also heard there's another brand (XYZ? or something...) that go pretty well. The only other reputable brand I have heard good reviews from is ksport. Was keen to look into it a bit further myself.

Generation
    5th Gen
    I've got some ksport ground control coilovers in my car pretty good product had the for about a year now still going the same cost be about $900 from USA shipped and put them in myself

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTEC

STD Coil Overs

Hi All

I have been a 5th Gen Prelude owner (2x 5th Gens) for the last 9 years and love my current machine.

Until now I have sat in the shadows and read the research the feedback everyone provides. Which, by the way, is invaluable.

Very recently, I replaced all of my long dead OEM suspension with a complete set of STD Coil overs and in all honesty, I am absolutely stunned by the way they have transformed my ride.

My car is super smooth, responsive and literally sticks to the road. So much to the point that I feel sad when I reach my destinations as I just want to keep on driving!!!

I RARELY make the following comment, but I would recommend STD Coil overs to any 5th Gen Prelude owner...

But no matter which way you go or product you choose, if you're going to invest in a set of Coil overs, spend your cash properly, as more often than not, you get what you pay for. So don't let a $100-$200 dollar price difference be the factor that determines your decision.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    hey mate....or std....u mean standard right? u brought new oem suspension? how much did that cost u?..and ur prolly the first one here that has done that...lol

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    hey mate....std?....u mean standard right? u brought new oem suspension? how much did that cost u?..and ur prolly the first one here that has done that...lol

Generation
    5th Gen
    From what I gather, STD is a brand of coil over.

Original Member: 2003 "Adam"