Generation
    Non Honda

2013 Formula 1 Rolex Australian Grand Prix

The tedium of the winter break is over, F1 returns for another year!

As usual your faithful F1 reporter Egotzm will be giving the low-down on each race, the build up, action and fallout too.

This year I'm going to the race again so I hope to give you some first hand accounts of the first race of the season. Anyone else going?

Who will win in Melbourne? Can Button make it 4? Will Seb start the title race with a win?

As Big Kev said, before his not altogether unexpected heart attack, I'm excited!

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    Mate I don't know what you've been drinking, but I want some!

I won't be there but will be watching closely. As for who will win, I'm going to cop out and say it's too close to say yet. Wait until after final qually for my prediction.

I'd really love to see Webbo do it, and I think the Red Bull will certainly be capable but I'm not betting my house on it. I'd also love to see Kimi get the Lotus up, if for no other reason to see his antics in the podium interview.

Generation
    Non Honda
    Sorry for no debrief on the race, i was track side and wasn't really following what transpired. As far as i can work out, Webber had no data on clutch slip point and was way wrong and got swallowed on the grid, the Red Bulls lacked pace in the cold weather, Raikkonen and Alonso's cars were more suited to it and a 2 stop strategy paid off for Raikkonen in the end with Vettel finding it impossible to catch the two ahead of him.

What is for sure, McLaren's lack of pace is not shadow boxing or cards being played close to their chest, they have some serious aero issues potentially causing stalling off the front wing elements or not detaching properly at the rear. It was painful to watch them but i hope that things can improve!

One thing is for sure, there are a few teams sniffing around where they don't deserve to be. Vergne showed incredible pace and skill in the rain, the Force Indias were way up the field where they have no right to be and Hamilton is faster than even he with his massive ego thought he would be.

In the future i will try to give better reports and blow-by-blow recounts.
    Last edited by ego; 18th March 2013 at 10:12 PM.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    No you pretty much summed it up I think.

I read somewhere that Webbo has lost something like 23 points due to poor starts over the past season or so, I'd like to know how many of them are related to technical issues. But as much as I'd love to see him win a WDC, I think we should just be happy that an Australian has been driving one of the best cars, and hope that he's in the right place to take a win or pole position when the cards fall his way. I really think he is Vettell's Gerhard Berger to Ayrton Senna.

Generation
    Non Honda
    Usually they would have more data from dry running but lots of interrupted practice sessions or half dry half wet so from what i read on bbc f1, Red Bull just took a punt with Webber's car with how much slip there should be and were way off.

Generation
    Non Honda
    Good concise round up of the race here

http://www.formula1.com/news/features/2013/3/14369.html