Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: spam/spambots

Generation
    Non Honda
    One way to prevent spam is for admins to shadow any new registration applications before they can post.
    vBulletin software can also be edited for mods to do the same, but needs admin to edit it
    Many forums have an automatic registration approval after submitting codes or simple arithmetic solving.
    This doesn't stop spam, eventually they program a way around it, it needs the human input to cease any activity.
    Stops any spam from entering the forum.............they can't post if not approved by administration or moderators.

How do I know this??
    I'm a moderator on another forum and have been for many years.
    Different program we use but that's how we do it and it's proved successful.
    Last edited by itsmee; 3rd May 2013 at 10:29 PM.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4ws
    Quote Originally Posted by itsmee View Post
    One way to prevent spam is for admins to shadow any new registration applications before they can post.
    vBulletin software can also be edited for mods to do the same, but needs admin to edit it
    Many forums have an automatic registration approval after submitting codes or simple arithmetic solving.
    This doesn't stop spam, eventually they program a way around it, it needs the human input to cease any activity.
    Stops any spam from entering the forum.............they can't post if not approved by administration or moderators.

How do I know this??
    I'm a moderator on another forum and have been for many years.
    Different program we use but that's how we do it and it's proved successful.
    Would mean a lot more active moderating though.