Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws

Supercharging the H22 or H23

I've done a bit of searching, and can't find any info on anyone here who has tried a supercharger setup in a 4th gen.

Has anyone done this? Anyone have any info on it?

I'd like to see some figures on output and driveability.

I'm not looking for big numbers, just some low-down torque, and better driveability through the rev range.

I've been looking at twin charge setups and think I might be interested in this idea.

Any comments?

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4WS - B Spec
    2 things.
    1. The S/C kit is no longer in production. You would need to find a complete second hand kit.
    2. The kit is made for a H22.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Vti-R
    Not often done, mainly because it's more complicated to supercharge. (IMO)
    Twin charge would be very difficult. Not sure if you noticed, but after putting a turbo alone under there, there ain't much room left for a supercharger... LOL but there is a twin charged 5th gen in the USA.

Unless your just looking for a fun way to get rid of $40k-$50k, I'd judy go turbo, with a smaller turbo for better mid range.....
    http://www.preludeaustralia.com/foru..._view&id=12025
    Link to my garage.^^^^

When words fail, VTec speaks!

Quote Originally Posted by EXO8IC View Post
    My car is a twin turbo and has a blow valve with another little valve thing attached which silences that WOOSH (which I HATE) but it makes more of a strange sucking noise which can be heard quite loudly from my vents on the bonnet. It's quite odd...

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Hmmm. something to think about...

Looked on honda tech, and cb7tuners etc.. lots of people talk about doing this stuff, but not many actually do it.

I'm keen to try the remove aircon, put an sc14 in the resulting hole approach...

Will keep looking.. surely somebody has actually done it and documented it....

(one of these days, I'll get out of the "do somethnig different, just cos' it's different" phase...)

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Manual H22A
    I've wanted to Supercharge my Prelude for such a long time now, but finding a JRSC kit is just too damn hard, and whoever has it and wants to sell it wants an arm and a leg for it. Last JRSC kit I saw was for $6K. I could sell my Prelude and use that $6K on top and buy a rexy that'd munch just about almost any car on the road... 'nomsaying?

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4WS - B Spec
    Quote Originally Posted by haze View Post
    Hmmm. something to think about...

Looked on honda tech, and cb7tuners etc.. lots of people talk about doing this stuff, but not many actually do it.

I'm keen to try the remove aircon, put an sc14 in the resulting hole approach...

Will keep looking.. surely somebody has actually done it and documented it....

(one of these days, I'll get out of the "do somethnig different, just cos' it's different" phase...)
    Keep the a/c and turbo is a much better solution.
    IMO. If you want to do something different build a custom hot rod.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Yeah, i've thought about doing that too, lol... got some chassis plans etc etc..

Generation
    5th Gen
    Quote Originally Posted by haze View Post
    Yeah, i've thought about doing that too, lol... got some chassis plans etc etc..
    Running FI on preludes is for the insane ask any of the guys that have done it here they'll be among the first to admit it.

You need 3 things to go down the FI route:
    A serious love for Preludes
    A hatred for your wallet
    And a trip to a psych to confirm your insanity

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    I really like my prelude, not sure if i love it yet...
    My wallet tries to eat my hand every time i open it, so yes, i hate it.
    Well, the QLD government once asked me to willingly book myself into the psyche ward, so i guess i have that covered too....

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Has anyone on here had any experience with the megasquirter on a honda?

Always been interested in these... the idea of a cheap diy ecu that can do everything, including boost control excites me...

Planning on mounting a laptop under the passenger seat anyway, so could use it to tune on the fly...

I get the impression there's not many tuners around who have worked with them though?

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si
    I wouldn't touch that dude. First of all, YOU won't be tuning on the fly unless you want your motor to end up like phattzy's (no offense phattzy!). Tuning is best left to people that know what they are doing on a dyno. Of course Ian and Steve have managed so far with street tuning, but their combined knowledge puts most of PA to shame.
    If you are definately going to be going FI, try Hondata or Neptune or any of the other common turbo ECU's. Otherwise, just get an AFC Neo and dyno tune for cheap instant win.
    Quote Originally Posted by brash22 View Post
    You sir are mad. Like lock you in the nuthouse mad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabir View Post
    You sir are a prelude obsessed freak.
    Quote Originally Posted by hiru View Post
    you sir, are a prelunatic.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Ok, so I'm revisiting this idea now...

I love the twin charge idea, and since I'm looking for good power with fast response, it seems like the ideal way to go. I know i could make more power much more simply with a simple turbo setup, but I just don't need a stupid amount of power.

So, i have a few interesting questions..

1. Has anyone ever seen an intake manifold for the h22/h23 that opens at the opposite end? IE - the intake port is on the right hand side rather than the left hand side?

2. Is there any reason why this couldn't be done? I know on some engines (like the skyline motors) that the shape of the manifold can cause starvation in the last cylinder, but based on the high end log manifolds i have seen for the H series, This doesn't seem like it would be an issue.
    The reason i ask, is that I'm looking at putting a collector in between the chargers and the intake manifold - so being able to do this would allow me to put the charger inputs into the collector on the left side, and then pass the collected charge from the opposite end of the collector into the manifold at the other end.

3. this is the interesting one... if I were running a valved twin charged setup, is there any reason why i couldn't redirect the superchargers output into the exhaust manifold once the turbo has made enough boost to operate fully? I think it would help it make boost faster, but I'm worried about it trying to backflow into the head. Maybe i could run a wastegate of sorts to ensure only a certain amount of pressure went in, to avoid this issue.

Let the flames begin...

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    It might just be easier to build an inlet bypass anti-lag system... then stick with a simple turbo setup...