Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    aside from the one time i got caught speeding, i've had pretty much no issues with police in my 5th gen and i often drove around with just the halos and fog lights on if it was dark enough but not night time, one or two breathalysers, but no problems at all with trying to get defected, only once i think i made them want to follow me when i pulled off a bit faster than some from a round a bout, they gave up when i went down a street with a whole tonne of speed humps on them, the kind that if you know how, you can take at the speed limit very easily, obviously they had no idea how to do it because after the first one they pulled a u-turn and went off their own way, lol, haven't had problems in my Mazda yet, doubt i ever will unless i was being stupid, you'd never guess it was turbocharged just by looking at it, it just looks like a regular 6 to most people, lol

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    ATTS
    Havent had an issue with my 5th gen, im on my P's only been pulled over for RBT. I dont think my car is considered a hoons car lol.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Si
    I got pulled over one night, got pissed off and smashed the cops windscreen with my crow bar in my boot.

They let me off funnily enough.

nat srs

ive had 1 defect, cops where being dicks, the other night i got pulled over in the other lude, brand new tyres. they thought i had been doing burn outs (in a fwd?) so i explained they were new and i could show a receipt. i rolled the car foward and they realised its the new markings on the tyres lol.

they also thought that my whiteline sway was something else too. dunno what they thought..
    ʍǝɹɔ uʍop ǝpısdn

私の進行中のスレッドを確認してください
    Quote Originally Posted by lommytam2342 View Post
    Hey Furo, whats the finger spacing for your rear?
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Eevil View Post
    How much do I have to pay you or how much dick do I have to suck to get you to take me for a ride?!

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Si
    My car's been lowered with rims for a while, and had the body kit on for about a year now. I get a few glances at cops, but only ever been pulled over once at night for RBT on the way home from work, think he saw my car on a friday night and thought he'd get lucky
    I drive by the rules all the time though, I'll even pull up next to a highway patrol car and get no more than a glance. I come off my Ps in 4 months
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    Did you hear about the Dyslexic Agnostic Insomniac.....

He lay awake all night, wondering if there really was a DOG....!!

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Vti-R
    I've been pulled over a few times, but I expect that in my car.
    Got cheeky with the cop once, (or should I say, I was cheeky back) but I won't do that again. Wasn't fun. Sat there for hours while he went through me and my car like a fine tooth combe..

I've been pulled over, just to have to cop walk up and see me and say, "Oh, sorry mate, I was expecting some young dickhead..!" LOL
    That was classic....

Generally speaking, drive like a reasonable person, they will treat you like one.
    Treat them with respect, they will treat you the same way....
    http://www.preludeaustralia.com/foru..._view&id=12025
    Link to my garage.^^^^

When words fail, VTec speaks!

Quote Originally Posted by EXO8IC View Post
    My car is a twin turbo and has a blow valve with another little valve thing attached which silences that WOOSH (which I HATE) but it makes more of a strange sucking noise which can be heard quite loudly from my vents on the bonnet. It's quite odd...

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    Quote Originally Posted by renzokukenj View Post
    ive had 1 defect, cops where being dicks, the other night i got pulled over in the other lude, brand new tyres. they thought i had been doing burn outs (in a fwd?) so i explained they were new and i could show a receipt. i rolled the car foward and they realised its the new markings on the tyres lol.

they also thought that my whiteline sway was something else too. dunno what they thought..
    arrested on suspiciopns of weapons of mass destruction
    ”uoǝbunp ǝɥʇ oʇ
    グ-ビ ください

migoreng
    Never.
    My aftermarket exhaust system is not that loud...and is very quiet at idle.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    ATTS
    Quote Originally Posted by renzokukenj View Post

The old blue lude has still got it, attracting Judge Dredd type police officers. They checked your sway bar on the side of the road?? I hope it's all going OK

I have always had my old car thoroughly checked at Booze Buses, and while not doing anything wrong, not having a bad attitude, testing 0% BAC, having the car registered and not having a speeding fine in about 5 years they always checked over my car, popped the bonnet, checked if the car was too low ect.

These days I'm not really as nice to them as I used to be, I get pulled over at every Booze bus and whenever there is a cop on the road not doing something, it's always me they pull over when I'm on my motorbike. The bike is 100% legal and I have Australian standard helmet and visor (no tint) so they have absolutely nothing to screw me over with. Doesn't mean they don't try though.

Generally speaking, drive like a reasonable person, they will treat you like one.
    Treat them with respect, they will treat you the same way....
    I guess if you are dealing with reasonable officers, but I have just gotten a string of cops that treat me like a criminal before they have checked my BAC or liscense, getting pretty sick of the guilty until proven innocent brush they tar all enthusiasts with. I don't even qualify as an enthusiast anymore, the motorbike I ride is a small capacity commuter.
    Last edited by The Lude; 27th November 2012 at 06:27 PM.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    I got pulled up and defected when I had the fully sick fast n furious gt wing on the red lude, and at the noojee cruise because some of the guys in front took a roundabout pre quick.

Other than that though, only been pulled up when I was doing something wrong or for a random rbt
    Grip > Slip.

1989 Honda Prelude SI.4WS, Pheonix Red - SSV-135 / PR3LDE - Rust in Peace.
    1989 Honda Prelude SI.4WS, Polar White - PR3LDE - Rust in Peace.
    1987 Honda Prelude JDM SI.4WS - Granada Black - Work in progress.
    2002 Mitsubishi Lancer CE Coupe - Amethyst Black Pearl - Daily.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Si
    I get waved through every booze bus i pass, lmao, my brother on his red Ps, drives my dad's old car, Focus ST170, with advertising signage all over it (for my dad's business) and he always gets pulled in. Is pretty funny
    Did you hear about the Dyslexic Agnostic Insomniac.....

He lay awake all night, wondering if there really was a DOG....!!

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    I know that lol. i would'nt be asking if i drove like a moron. i would know the answer... hmm maybe it's just QLD cops haha???

WOW escapade strange! yea commodore prob lol

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    haha you guys have all been pretty lucky
    Thats good.
    Maybe i'll try the car without my body kit see how i go?

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4ws
    lol Only time I've had trouble with cops was a few weeks ago, I was broken down, they pulled up and some top gun newbie jumped out and thought he'd push me around a bit, said my strut bar was illegal, pod intake which was secured, illegal. Said nothing of my extractors (LOL) and made up some stupid excuse about my rego sticker being on my rear quarter window, despite the fact I pointed out on the label that it says it can be placed on a fixed window on the left of the vehicle. Got to the point where I just told him if you think its illegal give me a defect, but expect to see me in court. He jumped in his cop car and took off.

I have nothing personal against police, but when they are fresh out of the academy telling me that my car which I've worked so hard to complete the legal way, adhering to both adr and vic road requirements, is unroadworthy, it kinda rubs me the wrong way.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    yeah far out that would bug me ta bits!! ...does anyone travel far to get to work? that could be a factor i guess? i'm on the roads hour and a half both ways. 4 police stations on the way

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    Quote Originally Posted by Kozman91 View Post
    lol Only time I've had trouble with cops was a few weeks ago, I was broken down, they pulled up and some top gun newbie jumped out and thought he'd push me around a bit, said my strut bar was illegal, pod intake which was secured, illegal. Said nothing of my extractors (LOL) and made up some stupid excuse about my rego sticker being on my rear quarter window, despite the fact I pointed out on the label that it says it can be placed on a fixed window on the left of the vehicle. Got to the point where I just told him if you think its illegal give me a defect, but expect to see me in court. He jumped in his cop car and took off.

I have nothing personal against police, but when they are fresh out of the academy telling me that my car which I've worked so hard to complete the legal way, adhering to both adr and vic road requirements, is unroadworthy, it kinda rubs me the wrong way.
    not meaning to be sexist

but female cops are the worst at this

alwys trying to prove themselves
    ”uoǝbunp ǝɥʇ oʇ
    グ-ビ ください