Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws

What people thinking about Ludespeed A2W kit?

It's available on PP atm n I'm very interested, here's the link, curious what people think of it?

what the seller has replied me:

"yes. stock can hold up to 8lbs. the actaul setup is on a 5lb spring and is more than enough for a stock motor.

if youre running the 5lb spring. minimum is a tunable ecu, guages that youd want, at least boost guage and wideband, a/f ratio. the injectors and map sensor will hold up until pass half a bar which is 7.35lb."

wonder what's the power/torque with 5lb boost? any other parts I might need? besides the kit will another 1k budget be enough?

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si4ws Turbo
    5 psi on a small turbo and 5psi on a big turbo will return different power figures, so it's hard to say. 5 psi with a small turbo should easily give you a 50% increase at the wheels.

you will need:
    tunable ecu
    bigger injectors, yes, even on 5psi
    a tune
    wide-band o2

the 4 items above will cost you 1500+ unless you get a good deal somewhere

now my views on water 2 air intercoolers
    I used to be a big fan of water to air kits, but after much research i found that poorly setup a2a will outperform a poorly setup w2a. I looked at the ludespeed kits back when Tom was still making them 10 or 12 years ago, and also checked them out again a couple of years ago after i first went turbo. In my opinion they aren't the best, they use a modified air 2 air intercooler core, which really isn't the best way to go, there are also too many sharp direction changes in the design. Some of the later ones he made were modified mass produced w2a cores which would have been a little better.

Some will say you get too much lag from an a2a system, but i didn't even notice a difference going from a straight pipe to having the intercooler, it's all in the pipe size selection.

Other drawbacks with w2a is the slow response time, if you've been park your car and come back 5 minutes later, the system will be heatsoaked and willl take a few miuntes for the temp to stabilize lower. With an a2a, you will still heatsoak, but the temp drops almost instantly.

w2a has fans and pumps that draw power from your electrical system, if something stops working you'll loose cooling.

a2a worst that can happen is a hose might pop off, or you might get a rock damage your core. Same problems exist with w2a.
    ~Ian~

Anything thing I say is my opinion, all care, but no responsibility taken.

1989 Prelude Si Turbo - Laguna gold - Progress thread index or My Garage
    Prelude Australia POTM - June 2009 ..... Prelude Power POTM - July 2010
    2006 CBR1000RR - Silver Metallic - Clicky

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    si 4ws TURBO
    well said ^^ ^^

GARAGE : http://www.preludeaustralia.com/foru..._vehicle&id=30

BUILD THREAD : http://www.preludeaustralia.com/foru...o-3rd-gen-lude

VIDEOS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usazsV_c_zU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psgNZjLqRrw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRn-1Oeashw

Quote Originally Posted by SAKI View Post
    PS: Can't wait to see your beast in action.. going to be one the highest power 3rd gens out there i reckon..
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    I am going down now to show them mine....

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Si
    Quote Originally Posted by PJF_Lude View Post
    5 psi on a small turbo and 5psi on a big turbo will return different power figures, so it's hard to say. 5 psi with a small turbo should easily give you a 50% increase at the wheels.

you will need:
    tunable ecu
    bigger injectors, yes, even on 5psi
    a tune
    wide-band o2

the 4 items above will cost you 1500+ unless you get a good deal somewhere

now my views on water 2 air intercoolers
    I used to be a big fan of water to air kits, but after much research i found that poorly setup a2a will outperform a poorly setup w2a. I looked at the ludespeed kits back when Tom was still making them 10 or 12 years ago, and also checked them out again a couple of years ago after i first went turbo. In my opinion they aren't the best, they use a modified air 2 air intercooler core, which really isn't the best way to go, there are also too many sharp direction changes in the design. Some of the later ones he made were modified mass produced w2a cores which would have been a little better.

Some will say you get too much lag from an a2a system, but i didn't even notice a difference going from a straight pipe to having the intercooler, it's all in the pipe size selection.

Other drawbacks with w2a is the slow response time, if you've been park your car and come back 5 minutes later, the system will be heatsoaked and willl take a few miuntes for the temp to stabilize lower. With an a2a, you will still heatsoak, but the temp drops almost instantly.

w2a has fans and pumps that draw power from your electrical system, if something stops working you'll loose cooling.

a2a worst that can happen is a hose might pop off, or you might get a rock damage your core. Same problems exist with w2a.
    that being said though Ian, would you still feel the lag with a smaller turbo anyway?
    ʍǝɹɔ uʍop ǝpısdn

私の進行中のスレッドを確認してください
    Quote Originally Posted by lommytam2342 View Post
    Hey Furo, whats the finger spacing for your rear?
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Eevil View Post
    How much do I have to pay you or how much dick do I have to suck to get you to take me for a ride?!

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    smaller turbos have less lag don't they? So they have a more linear pull and less of a 'TARBO JUST KICKED IN YO' feel

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si4ws Turbo
    correct, small turbos have less lag, but they can still kick hard

ball bearing turbo's on the other hand are very linear, you still feel it coming on, but it's not so harsh
    ~Ian~

Anything thing I say is my opinion, all care, but no responsibility taken.

1989 Prelude Si Turbo - Laguna gold - Progress thread index or My Garage
    Prelude Australia POTM - June 2009 ..... Prelude Power POTM - July 2010
    2006 CBR1000RR - Silver Metallic - Clicky

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    only pic I can find:

belongs to B20luda on PP

From I read so far this setup is for people who want a sleeper look n night kid who loves drag racing in the night
    Last edited by Sean628; 13th August 2012 at 03:34 AM.