Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    Just bypass the lines, so put a adapter and reroute it back into the water neck of the thermostat housing. If their just unplugged it would piss out water?

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Vti-R
    Told you, leave the water to the throttle body alone...
    Use heater lines to cool the turbo....
    http://www.preludeaustralia.com/foru..._view&id=12025
    Link to my garage.^^^^

When words fail, VTec speaks!

Quote Originally Posted by EXO8IC View Post
    My car is a twin turbo and has a blow valve with another little valve thing attached which silences that WOOSH (which I HATE) but it makes more of a strange sucking noise which can be heard quite loudly from my vents on the bonnet. It's quite odd...

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Vtir
    Nah I meant the air passage within the idle pieces ive rerouted the coolant lines fine.
    I still have the option of switching cooling methods later down the track, was there quiet a difference I temp? What was your reasoning again?

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Vti-R
    The house is about twice the size on the heater lines, so better water flow to the turbo, and it rally did mess with my cold stay when I used those lines....
    http://www.preludeaustralia.com/foru..._view&id=12025
    Link to my garage.^^^^

When words fail, VTec speaks!

Quote Originally Posted by EXO8IC View Post
    My car is a twin turbo and has a blow valve with another little valve thing attached which silences that WOOSH (which I HATE) but it makes more of a strange sucking noise which can be heard quite loudly from my vents on the bonnet. It's quite odd...

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4WS - B Spec
    I've deleted the lines from the TB and FIV and re-routed them to the turbo. Nothing has died.
    My IACV is still plumbed in. Heater lines untouched.

Ian tapped into the thermostat housing and took lines from closer to the front of the engine. Also seems to work well and less hose work, but you would need to modify the housing to do this.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    I've re-routed the water lines from the TB/FIV and IACV. None of these are getting water anymore.
    I then used the output/input from around the thermostat to plumb the turbo and water cooled wastegate.

Works a treat.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Vtir
    been a while and i will begin my return with problems lol
    so tonight after a fine drive during the day the lude starts making the clunking noises when i turn the wheel and the steering went heavy, i hopped out and checked the oil levels and they were fine... after turning the wheel to full right a loud clunk sounded and everything went back to normal except... powersteering went the way of the dodo.
    i have recently rebuilt the pump, im sure i had no problems there, but the new bearing was a little stiffer than the older one
    the pump still has a bit of a leak, but im pretty sure it is because i didnt torque it up, i hand tightened but ill give it a better nip 2moro.

anyone have any thoughts on what happened here?

second problem, oil leak is still there but i have order new seals which will sort that fker out, just incase anyone needs those stupid valve cover grommets, go to http://www.oemacuraparts.com/ they sell a kit with cover gasket, gromments and spark plug seals. which honda here dont offer...

third problems, my vtec seal is leaking and i have replaced it 3 times... each with a new seal and after each failed attempt i try something different, ive used liquid gasket, this other shit which is meant to be something like glue for gaskets nothing works..

if anyone has got solutions to any of these ill sacrifice a goat in your honor lol

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Vtir
    ok update so what happened was the bold holding the pulley on shook loose and went to town on the axle so in short the pump is rooted, pics when i can bring my self to look at it. but for now im gonna enjoy the gokart lol