Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lude View Post
    That's interesting, and if it was $20,000 here I'm sure it would be a great seller.

Shame that you pay $40,000 for a hell of a compromise in every department but fuel efficiency.
    Apparently not the driving department either. Considering how much the prelude cost when new all those years ago I think this isn't doing to bad price wise.
    <a href=http://www.preludeaustralia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42730 target=_blank>http://www.preludeaustralia.com/foru...ad.php?t=42730</a>
    Back to it's former glory... Almost.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    ATTS
    Was disappointed to read that the CRZ is just slightly behind the Honda Jazz in terms of performance. Imagine having someone in a $20,000 Honda keep up with you in a $40,000 Honda. Sad face. I read the review, I guess the motorcyclist's term "More fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow" applies here, and while the reviewers seemed to love it's flickability, I bet if they were forced to live with the car they would find it's acceleration lacking after a while.

Does anyone else think that for the moment, hybrid tech is a bit of a scam? I mean there are small petrol and gas engines doing about the same performance and MPG but for no extra premium. Why does no one ever just slap on an electric motor to a normal car for extra power and torque? EG. I thought the Camry hybrid and the Optima hybrid were going to be the same as their base models, but with an added electric motor, but all they do is reduce the size and output of the petrol motor, then start tacking on "unique green features" to the car so everyone knows you are green for example a different colour cabin, special badges, silly leaf games in the dash and differences in the body of the car that seem to attempt to make the car look as much like a Prius as possible, and then they charge you extra for it. Do people buy into this stuff?

Oh and for anyone who didn't read the article, here were the contenders for COTY;
    VW Scirocco
    Skoda Yeti
    Range Rover Evoque
    Honda CR-Z
    Ford Focus
    Audi A6

A bit of an odd collection!
    Last edited by The Lude; 19th January 2012 at 07:42 PM.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4WS - B Spec
    Total agreement Dave.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    Good to hear Honda got it again. So in recent years, Honda has won WCOTY with the 3g Prelude, Accord Euro and CR-Z, and the new Jazz went very close to taking it out when it was new. That's a pretty decent endorsement on their products. Oh, and I loved the way you shut that moron up in the fb comments thread gumus!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    The AUD and USD are pretty much parity

USDM Price from $19,545 http://automobiles.honda.com/cr-z/

AUDM Price from $38,966 http://crz.honda.com.au/range-pricin...e-pricing.aspx
    When the Pontiac G8 was on sale in the US, the top spec GXP retailed for US$31,250 (after GM's $3500 cash back). This car was in almost every respect identical to the VE Commodore SSV which sold here for AU$51,990. The cars were built nose to tail on the same line, except one was trucked across a country and the other loaded onto a truck, then a ship then another truck. Oh, and the G8 had the AFM displacement on demand technology at a time when you couldn't buy it locally! Local cars couldn't be ordered with the fuel saving technology until the MY2009 update in March 2008. The Australian car buying public is once again being treated like crap.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTiR
    Thanks Colin.
    But yeah, whatever people want to say about the award, those experienced journalists, that drove a heap of cars for the test, found the CR-Z the best to drive. The fact that its very underpowered just goes to show how well it must do in all other aspects if it can outshine other good cars.
    <a href=http://www.preludeaustralia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42730 target=_blank>http://www.preludeaustralia.com/foru...ad.php?t=42730</a>
    Back to it's former glory... Almost.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4WS - B Spec
    Quote Originally Posted by brash View Post
    Good to hear Honda got it again. So in recent years, Honda has won WCOTY with the 3g Prelude, Accord Euro and CR-Z, and the new Jazz went very close to taking it out when it was new. That's a pretty decent endorsement on their products.
    COTY Winners from Honda
    2011 - CR-Z
    2008 - Accord Euro
    1995 - Odyssey
    1991 - NSX
    1987 - Prelude
    1977 - Accord

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    Saw a CRZ for the first time in the flesh today, actually looks really, really good
    WTB:
    Front lip/Lip kit

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Si
    I read this article in the Wheels magazine.....and I was dumbfounded.
    It seems that they enjoyed/thought the other cars all drove just as well or better, but the only solid point that seemed to indicate a victory for the CR-Z was the fact it was 'different'
    The article on the CR-Z bored me, unlike with the audi that was also in the running...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    Did you hear about the Dyslexic Agnostic Insomniac.....

He lay awake all night, wondering if there really was a DOG....!!

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    I don't think they felt the others hand;led as nicely, or provided the same driver involvement.
    WTB:
    Front lip/Lip kit

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4WS
    If anyone that pays good money for cars to "drive" as opposed to those that buy cars purely as a choice of transport that is more personal than a bus or train (No offence Brad - buses have a place in life) says that the VW Scirocco was a no brainer as COTY has some serious issues and need to take a good hard look at themselves. This is a joke of an award now IMO.

Kids at the special oylmpics are "different" - perhaps the CR-Z got the award on pity. Should it be nicknamed the "Stephen Bradbury"?

Generation
    5th Gen
    Wow... that's a shock, slow year I guess...

Having a bit of difficulty deciphering what your saying there Snow? I usth ave read it about 10 times and I'm still confused... Are you saying that anyone who picsk the Scirocco as COTY has serious issues? Or that the Scirocco was the obvious choice for COTY?

I've seen the CR-Z in the flesh my first thought was "Those wheels a mighty thin..."

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4WS
    The Scirocco is a hands down a winner. Sorry for the disjointed post. Its a drivers car, smaller than a saloon, quick, and also looks similar - whats not to love if that is the criteria - every man and his dog has a GTI or similar from VW. They turn heads, but arent as obtuse as a stripey orange XR5 as small pocket rocket. The CR-Z isnt in the same class.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Yeah the Scirocco is basically a sexy body on a Golf GTI. How in ANY way does it not beat a CR-Z?

It looks sexier
    it's faster
    if it handels like the GTI it'll likely handle better
    Classy interior
    Around the $50-$60k mark right?

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4WS
    You would pay that extra if you a driver - unless you are a GTi owner, waiting for hyundai and the genesis, or a toyota or subaru fan boy of course.

Generation
    5th Gen
    I'm predictting the FT-86/BR-Z/GT-86 as the next COTY.