Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    Generation
    5th Gen

Gym/Health/Fitness Thread

I figured there's a few gym junkies and fitness freaks in here that we've warranted our own thread, so use it.

Post your progression, goals, personal bests, perhaps some photos.

Get into it!

-Mitch

Generation
    5th Gen
    So I'm wondering at this stage whether I should continue and drop another 1-2 kg which will take 2 or 3 weeks or just bulking up now?

74.5kg 180cm 13% body fat.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    well look, it depends who you talk to on there take with this, BUT most common is bulk in winter because fat keeps you warm and easier to put weight on, and shred in the summer. I just do whatever i feel like, but i have been on and off for the last 3 years and just started 2 months ago so ive gone straight to bulking, and will continue until i get to 100kg-105 before i start shredding. I will ALWAYS do cardio shredding or bulking but my diet changes between the 2 greatly. Personally i wouldn't shred until you get to a desired size, but you can shred and still keep getting bigger with just lean muscle but that is VERY hard and takes an extremely good and strict diet. So i would just keep trying to get bigger with eating a high calorie diet of clean healthy foods and supplementing well and you shouldn't put to much fat on, and then shred when you are happy with the size.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    ill post my current stats, and keep updating. Currently sitting at 86.5kg 13% average BF, arms are 15 inch, no abs....yet lol

Chest press-50kg each arm
    Shoulder press-37.5kg each arm
    lat pulldown-190pounds
    Sqaut-130kg
    Deadlift-150kg
    Bicept curl bar-40kg

ATM i am keeping all reps between 6-8 for gaining strength and adding bulk, i change my workouts regularly and change from heavy to light about every 2-3 months to give my muscle a shock. These are obviously not all the exercises i do but not gonna post everything i do as it always changes but i will always do these as i think there important and strength growers.

My supplement stack has been the best i have ever taken and is really working for me, i have tried so many different things and found these are the best.

Gaspari nutrition- MYFUSION(lean protein)
    Gaspari nutrition-REAL MASS(mass gainer)
    Gaspari nutition-VIRADEX XT(test pills)
    Ast-GLUTAMINE
    Agent M-BCAA'S(branch chain amino acids)

I eat at least 6 times a day with around 30-40grams of protein a meal and on about double of the for carbs on the first 4 meals. I MIGHT load a pic but ill feel like a wanker lol
    Last edited by diMii; 10th December 2011 at 01:23 AM.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Vti-R
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Eevil View Post
    I figured there's a few gym junkies and fitness freaks in here that we've warranted our own thread, so use it.

Post your progression, goals, personal bests, perhaps some photos.

Get into it!

-Mitch
    before you spend too much time lifting weights, get ya eyes checked. LOL

We already had a 'Who here trains' thread.... But it's been kind of neglected... !!
    http://www.preludeaustralia.com/foru..._view&id=12025
    Link to my garage.^^^^

When words fail, VTec speaks!

Quote Originally Posted by EXO8IC View Post
    My car is a twin turbo and has a blow valve with another little valve thing attached which silences that WOOSH (which I HATE) but it makes more of a strange sucking noise which can be heard quite loudly from my vents on the bonnet. It's quite odd...

Generation
    5th Gen
    I did a search for gym, fitness, health and.didn't show anything went through the off topic section back till last year.

Oh well now we have a new one!

Generation
    Non Honda
    Am thinking of entering the "Tough Mudder" event with a couple of mates. Will have to get into training a bit more beforehand I think. Check out the map of the Melbourne course in the link
    http://toughmudder.com.au/flash_cour...bourne/map.swf
    If you don't turn around to look at your car as you are walking away, you have the wrong car

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Si
    My older brother is doing tough mudder and is aiming high for top 3% having said that he is a personal trainer and does a lot of training himself as well as a full time store manager at ASN (australia sports and nutrition) so he gets dirt cheap supps.

I've just started training myself, for those that have met me would know I'm pretty much a stick, lol.
    At about 6'1" and only 69kg there's not much on me. So slowly putting a bit on, I'm not chasing a huge gain, just after gaining more upper body strength and building my fitness up. I've noticed the most difference in my arms since I literally had nothing there. Getting cheap supps from my brother is good too :p
    I'd have to say I'm more a fan of doing more reps with lighter weights but every now and then ill do more strength type stuff.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Had an awesome session tonight with my mate, no PB's but I had heaps of energy must have been the afternoon nap I had.

But here's me as of tonight

Only noticed how disproportionate my chest and stomache look compared to my arms after looking at this photo...

I don't focus on my arms either...

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    Not bad at all man you have pretty big arms compared to your frame.in my opinion, you abs come out a bit too. Much better than mine lol im at gym now 24/7 FTW, going light weights this month shock my muscles been awsome so far getting a good burn and pump

Generation
    5th Gen
    My pecs (or lack thereof) let me down a lot, I'd like a bit more definition in my abs I think.

My usual workout is something like:
    50-60kg Bench presses
    20-35kg upright row
    20-30kg shoulder press (bar)
    30kg isolated curls (bar)
    30kg standing curls (bar)
    18-22kg dumbell chest press
    12-17.5kg cable crossover
    110-135kg deadlift

and today I threw in some 50kg squats, I have a knee condition which makes it really difficult to get much leg work done, my knee cap is disjointed and clicks under load and rubs on the cartilage usually end up with swelling and some pain the following day. BUUUTTTTT my good friend tiger balm and some concrete will get me through until my muscles can take the pressure of my knee's.

I weighed in today at 75kg I still think I have a kilo or two of fat to lose but I decided yesterday stuff it, i'll start bulking up now, I could keep cutting but when I start bulking I'll just put it straight back on in the first week or two so, I'll wait I think.

My goal is to be 80kg after a cut/shred at the end of this year, if I'm still on track in June I'll try and go for 85.

NEED MOAR PROTEIN!
    Last edited by Son of Eevil; 12th December 2011 at 02:03 AM.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Manual H22A
    I'd love to see a photo of you dimi, wondering how big you are given all those figures. I'll up one of me when you up one of you lol.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    I'd love to see a photo of you dimi, wondering how big you are given all those figures. I'll up one of me when you up one of you lol.
    No kidding, those are some impressive numbers...

My Mind Not Only Wanders,
    It Sometimes Leaves Completelly

Generation
    5th Gen
    Quote Originally Posted by RedLineResident View Post
    No kidding, those are some impressive numbers...

+1 Dimii, show us what you've got!

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Si
    Having been a person on here that has met Dimi a couple of times, his arms are pretty damn big I don't doubt those figures at all