Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 LastLast

Thread: Off Topic

Generation
    Non Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean628 View Post
    sure it won't affect you in any way, easy life makes ppl numb
    So not having a black or white opinion makes you numb? Yeah because everything in life requires a black of white opinion.......

If something isn't important to you, then why form an opinion on it? Not having an opinion means you can clearly see both sides of the argument, more people should try it.

To me i know about the Japanese war flag but it's not important to me, so it doesn't bother me if people paint it on their cars or not. Simple.

If it is important to you then fair enough, have an opinion, but once you form one just don't think that everyone will agree with you.

Now we can move on

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Holy smokes Batman! Calm your tits guys.

PS- I enjoy indulging in a round, meat filled pastry from time to time.
    Grip > Slip.

1989 Honda Prelude SI.4WS, Pheonix Red - SSV-135 / PR3LDE - Rust in Peace.
    1989 Honda Prelude SI.4WS, Polar White - PR3LDE - Rust in Peace.
    1987 Honda Prelude JDM SI.4WS - Granada Black - Work in progress.
    2002 Mitsubishi Lancer CE Coupe - Amethyst Black Pearl - Daily.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    Geez, I disappear for a moment and everybody becomes all serious in this thread!

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Vti-R
    1. ppl who don't work on their own car don't understand compromises need to be made sometimes coz a car is a car not a art, nothing's perfect and doesn't need to be.
    2. ppl who works on their own cars know every details of it, the touch the smell, all the ups and downs, sweat and blood, all the time spent on it, it's almost like giving a birth, if you can't you won't know how exactly it feels.
    So, you gave birth to your car...?
    A rather disturbing image just formed in my head.....

Intimate knowledge of your car is the domain of the diy enthusiast.....

When a guy who paid to have his car built breaks down, he's lucky to know what's gone wrong.
    When the hands on builder breaks down, he knows not only what's broken. But usually how, when and why it broke. And what he should have done to prevent it.....

P.S. I don't give a shit about flags, I hate everyone.
    (including you Dimi, ya bomb chucker) PMSL
    http://www.preludeaustralia.com/foru..._view&id=12025
    Link to my garage.^^^^

When words fail, VTec speaks!

Quote Originally Posted by EXO8IC View Post
    My car is a twin turbo and has a blow valve with another little valve thing attached which silences that WOOSH (which I HATE) but it makes more of a strange sucking noise which can be heard quite loudly from my vents on the bonnet. It's quite odd...

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4WS
    Wonder where do I start with my evidence based research on such a subjective subject?
    I was talking about facts in reference to the use of those flags Sean, not whether individuals think I hold certain views.

Does that make it easier?

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4WS
    Oh and Dimii - before I forget about you either pal, you need to either back up your accusations about my personal beliefs, or keep your mouth shut in future. Thought I would sleep on your behaviour before I really responded.

I dont take well to what I believe is having people lie blatantly about me & spreading untruths in any form - if I am proved wrong I am always happy to be educated and learn from others. If this is so personally upsetting to you, I would love to see what has caused this. Your opinion of me doesnt really matter to me, but some other members views of me do, lets get that cleared up while we are setting the record straight.

How my FB shows me as being a racist, or anything else for that matter is a mystery. You can't see my FB page as far I can ascertain champ so get your facts straight before creating fanciful lies and passing them off as the truth to the entire PA community, and the world as a whole via the internet on this forum.

What in there would be classed as racist is beyond me anyway, so again I am keen to hear from you actually as I have no clue at all as to how you have come to the point you feel it appropriate to spew this out randomly as you did, and I personally feel you have some explaining to do after calling me out like that with such an accusation about my character. I would have the balls to back up such statements about another for the record big fella.

If you can't justify this little tantrum/personal attack, well I guess that at least gives me a starting point to begin forming opinions about you after this - would you agree?

Ultimately Dimii, this is not the place to spread your self-formed and endorsed personal viewpoint of my beliefs, or any other PA member as a matter of fact and degrade them and their character publicly, seemingy on your own personal whim, and claiming it is a being proven fact. This is a public forum thats purpose is to bring people together about Preludes, not personal attacks or winning gold medals in the internetz right? Disagree?

If you would like, PM me here, or on FB about it - be my guest.

Oh and Merry Xmas, but dont continue this on here publicly or you will cop infractions from here on in - that would be the same for any member receiving the same type of treatment from another on this forum, so dont go saying I am abusing my power. It will happen regardless of the time of year it is or your post count. You have been warned mate.

There's my 2c and again just to make this very clear Dimi - Anything else is via PM or private means mate - you issues have nothing to do with PA and it seems to be an exclusively personal issue your have with me. Lets resolve it in that manner then hey?

If not there are plenty of other mods/owner you can take your concerns up with ok?

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    i see PA is spreading the love here...
    It's Tony!

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    Quote Originally Posted by egotzm View Post
    So not having a black or white opinion makes you numb? Yeah because everything in life requires a black of white opinion.......

If something isn't important to you, then why form an opinion on it? Not having an opinion means you can clearly see both sides of the argument, more people should try it.

To me i know about the Japanese war flag but it's not important to me, so it doesn't bother me if people paint it on their cars or not. Simple.

If it is important to you then fair enough, have an opinion, but once you form one just don't think that everyone will agree with you.

Now we can move on
    i agree with Tim here.

People can put the swaztika all over their car, body, house or whatever and tbh i dont really give a crap....
    Not gonna let things like that stress me out or worry me...its their decision...

Just deal with things that are important to you...

anyways people, Merry Xmas and i hope you all have a wonderful new year! stay safe on the road guys!
    It's Tony!

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4WS
    The Swastika as a symbol has been used for 1000's of years, by many widespread ancient cultures across the planet for varying and debatable reasons.

Same way as the Sun, pictured in Japans flag, has been worshipped by many cultures and religions as an idol or depicted as god - not just on a flag of war.

Both symbols are harmless enough and have interesting history's - its the interpretation of the symbol/s with their modern history/association to current day cultural constructs that cause these issues.

To say one is ok on ya valve cover and the other isn't when you understand the symbols origin is hard resolve really.

Its all about perspective I guess; like opinions everyone has one - and they are all different to some degree ultimately.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4WS
    Quote Originally Posted by DrTony View Post
    i see PA is spreading the love here...
    Its that time of year mate - Festivus lives on - The annual airing of grievances is always on the 23rd, which was yesterday.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    Anyway...

Dumb question guys, how did I only hear about Might Car Mods this year? I've been watching some of the early episodes, and can't believe that I didn't hear about them in 2008 or 2009!

Generation
    Non Honda
    I'm in the same boat Col, never heard of them until this year watched a few eps and enjoyed it.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    unfortunately they arn't too fond of Hondas however I think Moog has recently taken a liking to VTEC with his purchase of an .............. (SPOILER ALERT)
    Last edited by m00`; 31st December 2013 at 10:24 AM.
    "You don't feel the speed, in a way. You just don't feel the speed. The car is so stable and so comfortable.. unless you look at the speed gauge you don't realise you're going that fast. This is a good compromise between the sporting side and the comfort side. As I said, I think it is a super, super car." - Ayrton Senna

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    I did love his comment about "if you're a Honda hater, go and drive one of these, you'll love it"

And it was great to see all my old mates from Sydney Dragway again, even if it was only on the screen...

Generation
    Non Honda
    I think maybe Sunday I'll'll clean the garage of car parts. My sister got me a box of something like 47 Curly Wurlys for Christmas since you cant seem to get them anywhere in VIC any more, and i put them in the beer fridge in the garage and i remember seeing some boxes of parts about the place.

No idea what is there but if i come across anything prelude related I'll post it up.Also probably got some stuff in my cupboards too but not sure i can be arsed tackling that mountain just yet.