Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Off Topic

Generation
    4th Gen
    Couldn't agree more with you Tim. All you have to do is check out the reviews to know they have created a great car or 2 cars I guess you could say

Generation
    5th Gen
    Cleaned out an Indian Mynar nest from my neighbours guttering yesterday featuring a dead bird and 2 unhatched eggs.

As I threw the eggs away I said to my neighbour "its ok, I'm pro choice".

Rest assured I'd they'd be babies in the nest I would have left it though. Despite being pests I couldn't bring myself to kill a bird.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Si
    Quote Originally Posted by egotzm View Post
    Curtis & Renzokukenji: What about the Prelude and Honda though? Do you think the prelude is shit because it looks sporty but in reality it's a fwd semi-luxury car? The 86/BRZ is exactly what the prelude should have been. 2door, affordable RWD sports car. This market has been neglected for 10 years and it is a lucrative market. Drive an 86 and then tell me it's shit, the handling is as close to a match for my S2K as i've ever found in any peformance car i've driven and it has more low down torque so it's got faster initial acceleration too. I hate to generalise but from your comments you seem like you haven't even sat in one let alone be allowed to drive it.
    Lolwat

Dude, for some odd reason you love to think your better then everyone else.. Self buttering

But anyway, to answer your question, I never bought a Honda Prelude "to go fast", actually the main reason was because at the time of purchase, the prelude was the most comfortable car I tested. All other cars in it's price range were just shitty.

If I wanted to be a mad driver and again, "go fast", then I would of bought a 180 and made it fully sick

The brz and 86 are just sports car wannabes. Yes like the prelude, but atleast the prelude makes you feel comfortable.

I wouldn't want to test drive either anyway, why disappoint myself more?
    ʍǝɹɔ uʍop ǝpısdn

私の進行中のスレッドを確認してください
    Quote Originally Posted by lommytam2342 View Post
    Hey Furo, whats the finger spacing for your rear?
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Eevil View Post
    How much do I have to pay you or how much dick do I have to suck to get you to take me for a ride?!

Generation
    Non Honda
    So your opinion is based solely upon photos. In that case the Ferrari 250 GTO is the greatest car in the world because from the photos i've seen i love that car more than any other that has ever existed. Lets ignore the fact that in the real world it would be impossible to drive in any kind of traffic or that because of its value you'd never take it out of the garage.

The 86 will win no drag races but for what we all here love doing, tearing up some mountains, it will shit on many cars more expensive.

I don't think i'm better than everyone else, i've just been fortunate enough to drive a very wide range of cars and thus can offer my opinions based upon my actual experience, not on just what my initial thoughts about promo photos and other people's reviews are. No one will ever agree on any car, i didn't say you had to agree with me. I just pointed out that given the hundreds of types of cars i've driven, the 86 stands out a great value for money.

Generation
    Other Honda
    Curtis & Renzokukenji: What about the Prelude and Honda though? Do you think the prelude is shit because it looks sporty but in reality it's a fwd semi-luxury car? The 86/BRZ is exactly what the prelude should have been. 2door, affordable RWD sports car. This market has been neglected for 10 years and it is a lucrative market. Drive an 86 and then tell me it's shit, the handling is as close to a match for my S2K as i've ever found in any peformance car i've driven and it has more low down torque so it's got faster initial acceleration too. I hate to generalise but from your comments you seem like you haven't even sat in one let alone be allowed to drive it.
    Hey gays, I have a s2000 and I have driven two 86, one stock standard and one got Tein super street and big tyres.
    I would like to say the handling isn't too bad on the 86, but the tyres are disappointing.
    In terms of power, they r slow, but smooth.
    Whereas s2000 is raw and loud.

I would prefer my s2000 over a 86 is because I feel special in a s2000, it is one of the Honda flagship cars, but I feel cheap sitting in the 86, interior feel cheap, and no sunroof.

It's affordable because it was built On a budget, u should really compare the 86 to a mx5.
    S2000 was an intensive researched product, tested in Germany and the advance engine and cross bone chassis, now please tell me what so special about 86? Direct injection of the engine? Or just mid front engine lay out?

S2000 is just so much more advance to compare it to a 86

Generation
    Other Honda
    Sound like u have driven the Ferrari 250gto since u know they r hard to drive.
    Is that true it's hard to drive? Please tell me more about the 250 gto
    So your opinion is based solely upon photos. In that case the Ferrari 250 GTO is the greatest car in the world because from the photos i've seen i love that car more than any other that has ever existed. Lets ignore the fact that in the real world it would be impossible to drive in any kind of traffic or that because of its value you'd never take it out of the garage.

The 86 will win no drag races but for what we all here love doing, tearing up some mountains, it will shit on many cars more expensive.

I don't think i'm better than everyone else, i've just been fortunate enough to drive a very wide range of cars and thus can offer my opinions based upon my actual experience, not on just what my initial thoughts about promo photos and other people's reviews are. No one will ever agree on any car, i didn't say you had to agree with me. I just pointed out that given the hundreds of types of cars i've driven, the 86 stands out a great value for money.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Si

Wow spread dat butter

It's funny to see Tim, that your assumptions of other people being below/less fortunate whereas in the real world these people have the same opportunities as yourself.

I personally have seen, with my own eyes, both 86 and brz many many times. Tim, they aren't flash mate. And they aren't rare in Perth, I see about 2 a day.

As hayabusa said, it's a budget car, the prelude was worth more new, and I would rather the prelude over a budget car.
    ʍǝɹɔ uʍop ǝpısdn

私の進行中のスレッドを確認してください
    Quote Originally Posted by lommytam2342 View Post
    Hey Furo, whats the finger spacing for your rear?
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Eevil View Post
    How much do I have to pay you or how much dick do I have to suck to get you to take me for a ride?!

Generation
    Non Honda
    Like I said, you don't have to agree with me. My opionion is my opinion from my experiences, your is your own from whatever experiences you've had. The only people I look down on are those who form opinions without experiences. If that isn't you then I'm not looking down on you.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Quote Originally Posted by renzokukenj View Post
    Lolwat

Dude, for some odd reason you love to think your better then everyone else.. Self buttering
    What part of his comment gave that impression? He simply said that to make an informed decision you have to have actually driven the car. I agree with him.

Unless you've driven it everything is speculation and by definition an opinion:

o·pin·ion
    /əˈpinyən/
    Noun
    A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Technically Ego, that's not an opinion. Renzo has an opinion; You have knowledge.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by renzokukenj View Post
    No matter what parts you will use, it will not put out that much power. They should of stuck to building a new supra and new wrx
    Subaru & Toyota made BRZs and 86s with several purposes in mind that would convince most of the public that they should never use the adjective "terrible"
    a) offer an avenue through which driving skills can be reinvigorated in the minds of those who've been spoonfed along the paths of FWD
    b) tempt some people who've driven automatic trannies to revert back to a manual or to upgrade their licence to a manual just to drive these (despite making autos anyway)
    c) budgeted for an attrition rate of forfeiture of warranties because many owners will modify their BRZs and 86s before the warranty periods expire
    d) an attractive entry price that entices the buyers to upgrade to a higher performance car later on, after having owned a BRZ or 86
    e) offering a car that is so different from the run-of-the-mill that it can definitely cause some people to shift "brand loyalty" across to Toyota or Subaru

So there you have it! Wheels & NRMA COTY!
    I haven't read their articles yet - but I'm about to!

Best Shape Award = 4th Gen Prelude + Best Bang For Your Buck Award = R34 GT-R N1

Generation
    Non Honda
    I'm not meaning to be rude, just pointing out that opinion should be made through experience. If you drive the car and hate it then i'm fine with it, but to simply say it bad because it hasn't got as much power as a twin turbo Supra did is stupid. It was designed for handling, not for outright power. Proof in that it beat the Porsche Cayman. I'm also happy to admit there are more powerful and more comfortable cars out there.

I'm first to admit i wouldn't be upset if it had another 50kw under the bonnet but its not 'terrible' because it doesn't have it. As i said it's one of very few cars i've driven that comes close to matching the handling of my S. That isn't me looking down on anyone, that is my experience from having driven both cars.

A true enthusiast will have a or several favorite types of cars but they will respect the potential of other cars. Son of Evil is an enthusiast, Terry is most certainly an enthusiast and i like to think i am too. I would never dream of saying my S2000 is the greatest car in the world bar none. I prefer the S2000 but i would never dream of telling Terry that it could spin more wheel HP than his R34 or Son of Evil that its more comfortable to live with that a 5th gen. I can respect and admire the strengths of other cars and that is the definition in my mind of an enthusiast. Of course there are cars i don't like (mainly german cars) and there are many that i haven't driven yet. I don't say they're shit, i just say i haven't experienced it yet, or as a general rule i don't like that manufacturer. Just because an M3 is made by BMW who's 3 series have never really impressed me to drive doesn't mean i think the M3 is a steaming turd.

Hope its a bit clearer the type of person i am. I'll let anyone have any opinion they want, as long as they have experience to back it up. Otherwise its merely speculation based on nothing and that when you move away from cars to more serious things in life can be a dangerous thing.

Now lets go back off topic again hey?
    Last edited by ego; 24th December 2012 at 09:57 PM.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4WS
    Merry Xmas everyone! Be safe and enjoy!

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTiR
    Agreed!

Said hi to the Big Man already (- no not the one in the funny red suit).

Best Shape Award = 4th Gen Prelude + Best Bang For Your Buck Award = R34 GT-R N1

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4WS
    Picture of my bike.

Do I have a Prelude problem?

Does this mean I need an intervention???

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4WS
    A random thread about a 4G Lude outhandling a BMW325 in the wet when I was searching for a 4WS article. No surprise if it was a VTEC engine but still.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=248846

And also a 3.3 sec 60mph Porsche with 4WS next year. Handy...buying a tatts ticket tomorrow now.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/09/18/n...heel-steering/