Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Eevil View Post
    With Hyundai's depreciation the 5L V8 Genesis is going to be a hell of a 2nd hand car! Electric everything heated seats, dual zone climate control, keyless entry possibly remote start or push button start, leather interior and power to boot!!
    It will be an interesting exercise to watch its depreciation rate! Especially as it doesn't need to go to Jenny Craig's and it's a 'bang for your buck RWD'

Best Shape Award = 4th Gen Prelude + Best Bang For Your Buck Award = R34 GT-R N1

Generation
    Non Honda
    if it is a great car i hope the depreciation rate is terrible... so i can afford one sooner

the thought of hyundai is indeed tainted by the terrible cars they used to produce. but if you go and see a new one these days they are surprisingly well made and i would actually consider owning one

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by escapade View Post
    if it is a great car i hope the depreciation rate is terrible... so i can afford one sooner

the thought of hyundai is indeed tainted by the terrible cars they used to produce. but if you go and see a new one these days they are surprisingly well made and i would actually consider owning one
    Well said!

Best Shape Award = 4th Gen Prelude + Best Bang For Your Buck Award = R34 GT-R N1

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4WS
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry_GT-R34 View Post
    It will be an interesting exercise to watch its depreciation rate! Especially as it doesn't need to go to Jenny Craig's and it's a 'bang for your buck RWD'
    And with the possibility of little competition in that market it could be a real coup. Wonder if we will be seeing a Genesis V8 going around Bathurst as a marketing exercise someday soon. If it does well it could be similar to the Skylines of years back using it as a springboard to success in the market.

Just the thought of seeing a Hyundai at Bathurst is kinda exciting!

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowWhiteLude View Post
    And with the possibility of little competition in that market it could be a real coup. Wonder if we will be seeing a Genesis V8 going around Bathurst as a marketing exercise someday soon. If it does well it could be similar to the Skylines of years back using it as a springboard to success in the market.

Just the thought of seeing a Hyundai at Bathurst is kinda exciting!
    Honda Take Note!!!

To vacate one area of car production in order to corner a hybrid market doesn't wash with us!!!

I would hate to see your "H" font-moniker displaced with a different and more popular "H"!!!

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    ATTS
    Hyundai have confirmed that they are not interested in the V8 supercar series.

I think Australia is just too small a slice of the market really, and racing is expensive.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4WS
    So is sponsoring the Australian Open and Carlton FC but they do that and it has nothing to do with their main product. If you bring a car out like that, even if only for one season, the advertisment for the model they would get from the year would be massive IF they were actually competitve.

Generation
    Non Honda
    Model
    '03 Commonwhore
    If they were to compete in V8SC it would have nothing to do with their product either. Because V8SC requires a chassis the same wheelbase/track as a Commodore/Falcon and a pushrod V8 of which Hyundai have neither. Not that the current V8SC have much to do with their road going versions, but the engines are pretty much off the shelf motorsport crate engines from GM/Ford.
    I like luxury. It's the new performance.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTiR
    If the v8sc were to open up to other manufacturers would they not change the specifications?
    <a href=http://www.preludeaustralia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42730 target=_blank>http://www.preludeaustralia.com/foru...ad.php?t=42730</a>
    Back to it's former glory... Almost.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4WS
    Pretty sure they stated a standard chassis and many other specs be shared by all teams in order to try and make it more competitive/affordable.

Personally watching F1 with similar restrictions has also been somewhat frustrating with teams now restricted. The V8's are now even more unattractive as a spectacle
    IMO.

Who would you say are Hyundai's greatest competitor in this market? This car is fairly unique also. (The RWD turbo 4 coupe version)

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    if it's a 4 cylinder turbo car, i'd probably say Mazda's their biggest competitor with the 3 and 6 MPS series, only real difference is the Mazdas are FWD i suppose, but the Mazda's luxuries might outweigh those of the Hyundai?

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4WS
    RWD > FWD? Imagine that turbo in a lighter weight hatch version? Suzuzki Swift? XR4? Be a little weapon? Kinda like a sports version of the turbo diesel i30)?

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Si
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowWhiteLude View Post
    RWD > FWD? Imagine that turbo in a lighter weight hatch version? Suzuzki Swift? XR4? Be a little weapon? Kinda like a sports version of the turbo diesel i30)?
    now you're just fantasising, pull your pants back up!

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4WS
    Honda was built on such ideas and progression....

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Plenty of modded ones getting around: