Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    i must say it does look hot. the kizashi looks good too.

hyundai the new honda?
    It's Tony!

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4WS
    Quote Originally Posted by phattzy View Post
    hey snow 315kw typhoon would smoke it all day long , turbo 4.0lt straight 6 , then you can flash tune , bigger injectors , more boost . im a FORD man @ heart but dont get me wrong , this little hyundai looks tha goods and make decent power . i like it .
    Quote Originally Posted by gumus89 View Post
    Im a ford guy as well, but he was only talking about the 6cyl falcon/commodores not the 6cyl FPV
    Quote Originally Posted by PJF_Lude View Post
    these cars have been around for a couple of years in the US, so body kits and tuning kits are available
    Yeah I was talking in regards to a stock commodore/falcon - although not being a four door leaves this as a slighlty stupid arguement as it clearly is an entirley different niche they are chasing. And I cant see someone grabbibg one of these over a SS or XR8! Still I am sure as PJF said with some aftermarket tuning these could become a wair weapon on the street.

Hyundai must have one of these going around on the drift circuit somewhere in the world to help promote them. Be keen to see that.

Generation
    5th Gen
    the FPV needs to wait till they bring out the NEW Genesis coupe, 5L V8 8 speed auto 320Kw 520NM, THEN you can have those FPV's and HSV's shitting themselves about "Can I actually win this?!"

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/hy...lia-31291.html

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si
    anyone know what other colors they come in?
    Http://ling3r.com - ling3r designs | a digital solution!

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTiR
    But... but... It's a Hyundai. Urghhh. You can't even compare their engineering or build quality to Honda.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    ATTS
    Quote Originally Posted by b1acklude View Post
    But... but... It's a Hyundai. Urghhh. You can't even compare their engineering or build quality to Honda.
    You probably can these days, I've driven a Tiburon and never found anything that wrong with it. They more than likely spent a lot more money on the production of this vehicle considering it's the turning point of the company. I like the fact that instead of just making some luxury brand, Hyundai is throwing out the old and bringing in the new. Actually trying to transform their image, and over time, when all the excels and sonatas have rusted away in car yards and their older cars are things like i45s and genesis coupes, they will be successful.

Dunno why you guys are comparing it to domestics, most of those guys would never buy an Asian car on principle, Ford and Holden are lucky we have so many racists. But I understand. I wouldn't buy a Hyundai either, not because I don't like Hyundai, just because I like Japanese cars better.

Generation
    5th Gen
    With Hyundai's depreciation the 5L V8 Genesis is going to be a hell of a 2nd hand car! Electric everything heated seats, dual zone climate control, keyless entry possibly remote start or push button start, leather interior and power to boot!!

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    ATTS
    I don't think these ones will depreciate quite the same. Sure, it's Hyundai, but its not one of *those* Hyundais.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lude View Post
    You probably can these days, I've driven a Tiburon and never found anything that wrong with it. They more than likely spent a lot more money on the production of this vehicle considering it's the turning point of the company. I like the fact that instead of just making some luxury brand, Hyundai is throwing out the old and bringing in the new. Actually trying to transform their image, and over time, when all the excels and sonatas have rusted away in car yards and their older cars are things like i45s and genesis coupes, they will be successful.

Dunno why you guys are comparing it to domestics, most of those guys would never buy an Asian car on principle, Ford and Holden are lucky we have so many racists. But I understand. I wouldn't buy a Hyundai either, not because I don't like Hyundai, just because I like Japanese cars better.
    I understand your point, but Honda could donk a load of cash into any car they wish and make that car great - arguably much better than Hyundai could. What seperates them is the fact Honda has been consistently making quality, well engineered cars accross their entire range for 40 years or more. Hyundai has been around 2 seconds and utilised the technology developed at great cost to other European and Japanese car manufacturers. They haven't done anything original, they make cars to a price for the average consumer who wants an A to B car. However, Hyundai is definitely ulitising what people want from cars now - as long as it looks good and doesn't cost them much to run. I don't think the build quality of say an i30 or any other car they make could be compared to that of an equivalent Honda (say i30 in comparison to the Jazz).

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTiR ATTS
    Fact is that labour isn't cheap in South Korea. Only way Hyundai can make a car cheaper than others is if they skimp on materials or development. Similar quality means a similar price and personally if it isn't cheaper, then I'd rather buy the Japanese or European alternative.

As for depreciation. Alfa's still depreciate based on their 60's-80's rust bucket status. These will depreciate despite not being one of *those* Hyundais.

Toyota/Subaru coupe should be out around the same time. Although apparently neither is doing a turbo version. Infiniti G Coupe should be coming here to when the new model comes out. Suppose it won't be as cheap as the current cheap Skyline imports though. Perhaps Hyundai will have them rethinking the rip off markup they were probably going to charge here (Toyota/Subara coupe is supposed to be starting at ~US$20,000 which = AU$19.000 but would probably end up being $40k).

Generation
    3rd Generation
    Model
    Si
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowWhiteLude View Post
    Yeah I was talking in regards to a stock commodore/falcon - although not being a four door leaves this as a slighlty stupid arguement as it clearly is an entirley different niche they are chasing. And I cant see someone grabbibg one of these over a SS or XR8! Still I am sure as PJF said with some aftermarket tuning these could become a wair weapon on the street.

Hyundai must have one of these going around on the drift circuit somewhere in the world to help promote them. Be keen to see that.
    Rhys Millen drifts one in the States. His dad Rod is currently using his drift car to take on Pikes Peak. Rhys is runing a custom built Hyundai powered hill climber, taking on 'Monster' Tajima.

BTW, we are getting the next gen model. This current one isn't built as RHD.

I AM THE STIG

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4WS
    That is nearly the type of spoiler i was thinking of when i said you would need to replace the stock one. Some of the stying cues remind me of a 350Z/Porsche with the tail and cabin especially in that picture.

Could this be a pioneer of seeing brands now also introducing another " affordable sports coupe" to their line ups in coming years?

And dont anyone say the Prelude could make a comeback (esp. as a rwd version) as I am convinced it will never happen. Perhaps something like a progression from it (a La the S600/800 being the forerunner of an S2000) but not a comeback marketed as such.

It is IMO a big deviation it seems from the company's general philophsy though, the Getz and i30 being their biggest successes so far - lets not mention the excel shall we, best forgotten for everyone's sake eh? - and a real sports car compared to their previous coupe/tiburon efforts which really had limited appeal.

I am keen to see these in the flesh and I cant say short of the i30 I have never said that about a Hyundai. Anyone got an idea of what price these may sell at?
    Last edited by SnowWhiteLude; 25th June 2011 at 07:41 PM.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTI-R
    Quote Originally Posted by b1acklude View Post
    I understand your point, but Honda could donk a load of cash into any car they wish and make that car great - arguably much better than Hyundai could. What seperates them is the fact Honda has been consistently making quality, well engineered cars accross their entire range for 40 years or more. Hyundai has been around 2 seconds and utilised the technology developed at great cost to other European and Japanese car manufacturers. They haven't done anything original, they make cars to a price for the average consumer who wants an A to B car. However, Hyundai is definitely ulitising what people want from cars now - as long as it looks good and doesn't cost them much to run. I don't think the build quality of say an i30 or any other car they make could be compared to that of an equivalent Honda (say i30 in comparison to the Jazz).
    Hyundai has now passed Honda and Nissan in the top 10 car manufacturers to be 4th on the list behind only Toyota, Volkswagen and GM. Hyundai may not of been known for their cars originally but they are a monstrous company and more than capable of developing a good car no matter what the cost.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by Tez091 View Post
    Hyundai has now passed Honda and Nissan in the top 10 car manufacturers to be 4th on the list behind only Toyota, Volkswagen and GM. Hyundai may not of been known for their cars originally but they are a monstrous company and more than capable of developing a good car no matter what the cost.
    Based on what criteria? Sales? What's the source?

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Vti-R
    It's true that the Korean manufactoring sector has improved imensly over the past few years.
    They are probably currently sitting where the Japanese manufacturing sector was about 10 years ago.
    But you can compare Honda to Hyundai when the have matured.

I mean, buy a 10 or even a 15 year old Honda, and you can pick up an excelent car, with a brilliant build quality.
    Buy a 10 of 15 year old hyundai, and your buying a piece of crap.

Sure, Hyundai build an awesome car these days. But Honda has been doing this for decades.

If I was buying a new car now, i'd look at Hyundai. But i'd probably end up with an older car anyhow.
    I like cars cause I have a conection with them. I like Ludes cause they have grown on me over a number of years now.

No new car can do that for me.

Cool as it is. And i'm not saying it aint. It has no following yet. Lets see what they are like once they have the better part of 2 decades of wear and tear up their ass..... LOL
    see how their dyno figures look after 250 000km on aussie roads... That'll be the real test....
    http://www.preludeaustralia.com/foru..._view&id=12025
    Link to my garage.^^^^

When words fail, VTec speaks!

Quote Originally Posted by EXO8IC View Post
    My car is a twin turbo and has a blow valve with another little valve thing attached which silences that WOOSH (which I HATE) but it makes more of a strange sucking noise which can be heard quite loudly from my vents on the bonnet. It's quite odd...