Thread: s2000 intake

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTEC

s2000 intake

since this new s2k subforum has just started, i thought, might as well start a new topic...

looking at Jesse's s2000 intake last night, omg that was hot. His got the comptech intake in the carbon fibre box. carbon fibre looks sex. Makes me so jealous....

this is what it looks like..

but ive already got one ordered as part as a group buy on s2ki from canada. Its called the PRM intake and should arrive within the next week or so. It does look pretty funky/weird but apparently it sounds awesome. Was a last minute decision to buy it lol (wasting my money)

here is a pic of what it looks like, its like a big massive trumpet lol

here is what it kinda sounds like..the best i could find on youtube....love the sound of VTEC!

cant wait to pick it up and get it installed.

i dont konw why i made this thread now...i couldve just updated my s2000 thread lol
    It's Tony!

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Generation
    Other Honda
    Haha nice, as far as looks go it looks a little weird However I have heard nothing but good things about it, so I look forward to seeing / hearing it installed!

My carbon fibre cooling plate should be coming in the next few days so my engine bay will look very similar to the 1st photo (minus the strut bar)

Jesse's S2K Progress Thread : Click HERE!

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Vti-R
    Hey guys, someone put your motors the wrong way in your engine bay.
    And your strut brace should be behind the motor....!! LOL

Welcome to your space guys.

I imagine the first intake would have to be the better of the 2 wouldn't it?
    I guess it depends where it draws it's air from. Does it draw from a cold air sorce, or does it draw from under the bonnet...?
    http://www.preludeaustralia.com/foru..._view&id=12025
    Link to my garage.^^^^

When words fail, VTec speaks!

Quote Originally Posted by EXO8IC View Post
    My car is a twin turbo and has a blow valve with another little valve thing attached which silences that WOOSH (which I HATE) but it makes more of a strange sucking noise which can be heard quite loudly from my vents on the bonnet. It's quite odd...

Generation
    Other Honda
    Both seem to draw from the same position which is beside the radiator. The air would travel in the front grille and then through or around the radiator which is where the intake will get its air from. The cooling plate in the first picture is supposed to help keep the air directional I guess and improve ever so slightly (however it is more of a bling thing).

Both intakes are good and probably perform similarly. The CT Engineering one with the CF box definitely looks better though

Jesse's S2K Progress Thread : Click HERE!

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    Picked it up tonight. Too excited to sleep so thought why not install it tonight. Started at 1130 and finished at 1230am lol. Yes the lower fatter hose was a pita to pull off but a screwdriver is ur best friend. So 1 hr to install it myself.

Test drive = anything less than 3-3.5k rpm and it sounds stock. Any higher and especially if uve got >50% throttle is music to ur ears. Vtec crossover is way more noticeable now. Definitely no power gain but the sound.... Drools lol

Defintely worth the couple of hundred dollars.

Anyways time to sleep and wake up in a couple of hrs to do doctorly things aka save lives lol
    It's Tony!

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    this is making me wanna get an S2000 all over again instead of an Evo 9 as my next car... must... force... myself... into... wanting... practical... car... DAMNIT! which one of you guys wants to drive to adelaide and give me a drive through the Adelaide hills? lol