View Poll Results: Do You Welcome The Inclusion Of a Forum Devoted To The Honda S2000 On PA?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I Think This Is A Good Idea.

    24 55.81%
  • No, Prelude Australia Should Remain Exactly As Is.

    9 20.93%
  • I Dont Really Care Either Way.

    10 23.26%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 70
  1. #31
    Gold Member SnowWhiteLude's Avatar
    Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4WS
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    2,450
    Quote Originally Posted by PeachExperiment View Post
    Prelude Australia into the future maintaining the affiliation with Honda Sports cars.
    Is that a possible new title - Honda Sports Australia? As long as the future title represents the club as it is I am fine with that.

    BTW is there an S2000 forum and also is there a NSX forum? If there is not (which I highly doubt) why not incorporate them into here thus solving the problem? My only qualm is that PA cant be called PA if that is the direction we take, as it will not be a true representation of what we are. I would stay as I believe most other members would, as it is what goes on here, not that it is a "Prelude Only" forum which keeps us all here, and would like to see increased posting here.

    BTW you say part of the problem is people not turning up to meets etc, whilst I see your point with that being a problem, IMO that really has nothing to do with the site and these members contributing to the forum, more accurately that has to do with those members not wanting to attened or not being able to.

    A lot of members are active on the boards and just because they choose not to come I see that as a moot point in regards to the problem you raise as they are still relevant active members of the forum and more accurately PA as a club member period, but it is an issue nonetheless.
    Last edited by SnowWhiteLude; 14th May 2011 at 09:55 AM.


  2. #32
    Silver Member PeachExperiment's Avatar
    Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTIR
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    1,385
    There is no "Australian" S2000 forum currently. However S2k International (www.s2ki.com) does have an Australian and New Zealand section in its forums. As for NSX forums, there isnt an Australian one at all, however, taking into consideration the relatively low number of NSX cars getting around.....I dare say there isnt a huge need for one.
    Project Joan Rivers
    The Old Bitch Gets A Facelift
    Coming Soon!

  3. #33
    Regular Member
    Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    S
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowWhiteLude View Post
    Is that a possible new title - Honda Sports Australia? As long as the future title represents the club as it is I am fine with that.

    BTW is there an S2000 forum and also is there a NSX forum? If there is not (which I highly doubt) why not incorporate them into here thus solving the problem? My only qualm is that PA cant be called PA if that is the direction we take, as it will not be a true representation of what we are. I would stay as I believe most other members would, as it is what goes on here, not that it is a "Prelude Only" forum which keeps us all here, and would like to see increased posting here.
    ^^ What he said.

    I wouldn't mind if this forum catered to other high performance honda vehicles but at the same time we can't call it Prelude Australia.

    Although if we did change then what would differentiate us from OzHonda apart from excluding the more conservative cars? If anything I would say PA would be at a disadvantage due to lack of specific knowledge and it will take a long time to accumulate more knowledgable members.

    I have also noticed there are a lot of people lately that just sign up to say "hey i hav dis funny noize coming from the front of my ride...." and its frustrating when you remember what PA used to be like with so many more active members. Its great to see members who have moved on to other cars still here though.

    I just hope you make a decision Brad and I'm sure its not an easy one and I hope you don't give up on PA all together.

  4. #34
    Senior Member Scotty's Avatar
    Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si turned VTIR
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    694
    I don't mind the new forum TBH but I wouldn't like to see the site take a different direction (just yet)
    In my opinion the good thing about PA is that it is specifically about the Prelude.

    PA openly accepts posts about non preludes anyway so I don't see a reason to change the site.

  5. #35
    PA Moderator iluvmylude's Avatar
    Generation
    4th Gen
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    340
    I think you're all taking this the wrong way.

    This isn't meant to change PA. Brad isn't trying to change the community here at PA, he is just trying to find a way to keep members interested, new members signing up, old members sticking around.

    This is a great way to get some new members to the club and to have something for prelude owners to aspire to. As others have said, an s2000 would be a perfect car after owning a prelude (if you have the funds).

    We need to do something to keep this community alive and kicking. I think this is a great way to start. The merchandise shop will be up and running soon, which will make the website look more professional. it will also make ordering things easier.

    People need to accept change, things can't always stay the same. Change is what makes the world work. Be adaptable and open to change, you might be surprised at how good it is.

  6. #36
    Regular Member
    Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTI-R
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    366
    This could go either way, personally in my opinion their are a few options you have at hand to attract more honda fanboys.

    firstly i would suggest widening up the amount of separate forums their are, for example like preludepower.. they have a off topic section, but it has many sub categories of it so theirs a wide amount of different threads to view..

    as stated earlier, a different range of stickers, events, meets and so forth need to be revived so the people of preludeaustralia can take their pride and joy to it and show it off! the recent event created by hyper was a great idea and something that preludeaustralia should think about in the near future, cause frankly by having like a dyno and a decent carshow per to say will bring not only us but their family and friends and a wider range of people to come along.

    so in short with a bit of expansion of sub forums of the current ones we have will hopefully bring more interest to those different areas, meets/shows/cruises are also high on the priority as they always bring everyone together to have a good time and really appreciate one anothers vehicle.

    oh and..

    P.S, i would be interested in a position to organize events/meets as i want to help this community out and meet the many other car enthusiasts!

  7. #37
    Silver Member PeachExperiment's Avatar
    Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTIR
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    1,385
    Quote Originally Posted by GormzZ View Post
    P.S, i would be interested in a position to organize events/meets as i want to help this community out and meet the many other car enthusiasts!
    If you are interested in helping out the team in this way, please fire me off a PM telling me a little about yourself and a brief run down of what you think you could bring to the team, and Id be happy to consider your submission. We need more people who want to be leaders and who have initiative and a little dedication.
    Project Joan Rivers
    The Old Bitch Gets A Facelift
    Coming Soon!

  8. #38
    Silver Member The Lude's Avatar
    Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    1,689
    I think I like the idea of this place becoming a high end Honda website. The last cruise I went to was a cruise with Preludes, 2 NSX, a few S2000s ect, and these types of cars do sit apart from civics and accords, not trying to look down on them, but its just a bit of a lifestyle, you know, owning a standout impractical sports cars and what not.

    You may have skimmed over my last post, so I'll ask again, any interest in making a Honda motorcycle section? there seems to be more Honda riders than S2000 owners!

  9. #39
    Senior Member DrTony's Avatar
    Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    758
    A motorbike section would be good. Yes there are quite a few riders here. I might become one in the not too distant future as well
    It's Tony!

    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.


  10. #40
    Silver Member PeachExperiment's Avatar
    Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTIR
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    1,385
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lude View Post
    I think I like the idea of this place becoming a high end Honda website. The last cruise I went to was a cruise with Preludes, 2 NSX, a few S2000s ect, and these types of cars do sit apart from civics and accords, not trying to look down on them, but its just a bit of a lifestyle, you know, owning a standout impractical sports cars and what not.

    You may have skimmed over my last post, so I'll ask again, any interest in making a Honda motorcycle section? there seems to be more Honda riders than S2000 owners!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrTony View Post
    A motorbike section would be good. Yes there are quite a few riders here. I might become one in the not too distant future as well
    Its certainly something I would be willing to explore if it is something that people would like.
    Project Joan Rivers
    The Old Bitch Gets A Facelift
    Coming Soon!

  11. #41
    QLD Administrator AdReNaLiN's Avatar
    Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    4,083
    Quote Originally Posted by PeachExperiment View Post
    There is no "Australian" S2000 forum currently. However S2k International (www.s2ki.com) does have an Australian and New Zealand section in its forums. As for NSX forums, there isnt an Australian one at all, however, taking into consideration the relatively low number of NSX cars getting around.....I dare say there isnt a huge need for one.
    Ok, so start a forum called s2kaustralia.com if you think there's a need for it.
    I'm certain most s2k owners (that have never had preludes) likely think they're shit cars and probably dont care for technical information about them.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lude View Post
    I think I like the idea of this place becoming a high end Honda website. The last cruise I went to was a cruise with Preludes, 2 NSX, a few S2000s ect, and these types of cars do sit apart from civics and accords, not trying to look down on them, but its just a bit of a lifestyle, you know, owning a standout impractical sports cars and what not.

    You may have skimmed over my last post, so I'll ask again, any interest in making a Honda motorcycle section? there seems to be more Honda riders than S2000 owners!
    See above - start another site for "high end hondas" - here's a domain name... highendhondas.com.au
    Then you can have whatever honda cars/bikes/boats/planes/lawnmowers you like.


    Anyway my point being. No one with an s2k is going to rock on up to a site called preludeaustralia.com for decent information about s2k's. It just wont happen.


    I'd also like to see where you're getting information on the rapidly declining member base of this site Peach?
    I've got google analytics installed for this site, and the numbers are a steady 6-700 visits per day (april 2010) and 6-700 visits per day (may 2011).

    We had a big month of new member sign ups in April 2011 this year with over 25 new members joining. Otherwise its very steady going with at least 5 members signing up per month.

    And to further my stats - at the time of posting:
    There are currently 13 users online. 5 members and 8 guests
    Most users ever online was 121, 17th April 2011 at 08:05 PM.

    The previous "most users ever online" statistic was from a forum wide "go on PA now" thread which only generated about 80 or 90 members online.


    On a side note, there's no QLD Mitsubishi Pajero 4wd club and I'd like a sub forum on PA for it please! I think this would be in our best interests for the future growth of PA.

  12. #42
    Gold Member SnowWhiteLude's Avatar
    Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4WS
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    2,450
    Quote Originally Posted by PeachExperiment View Post
    Its certainly something I would be willing to explore if it is something that people would like.
    I dont think judging by the response people would like it, however if broadening the spectrum of what and whom PA caters for, whilst staying away from being a generic honda site like OzHonda, it may be worthwhile looking into.

    There is no point replicating something that is already out there, hence why I asked about the NSX/S2000 sites, which even though you say the NSX only have small numbers, if you say we have a declining memebr base, even those few owners may help resolve this issue.

    Dont know about the bike idea though... A sub section for members owning one maybe (how many bike owners do we have though???) but thats about as far as I would suggest.

    Also whilst I would be unlikely to ever buy another prelude, I would still hang around here - if a a little less - if/when I buy another ride regardless. Making a sub section to cater for me will do nothing at all in keeping me interested.


  13. #43
    Silver Member The Lude's Avatar
    Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    1,689
    Quote Originally Posted by AdReNaLiN View Post
    Ok, so start a forum called s2kaustralia.com if you think there's a need for it.

    See above - start another site for "high end hondas" - here's a domain name... highendhondas.com.au
    Then you can have whatever honda cars/bikes/boats/planes/lawnmowers you like.
    Dear S2000, NSX, Integra, CTR drivers and Honda motorbike riders, please see attached image;



    What do you think we are, Honda enthusiasts?
    Last edited by The Lude; 15th May 2011 at 11:27 AM.

  14. #44
    Senior Member Son of Eevil's Avatar
    Generation
    5th Gen
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New South Wales
    Posts
    976
    Quote Originally Posted by AdReNaLiN View Post
    Anyway my point being. No one with an s2k is going to rock on up to a site called preludeaustralia.com for decent information about s2k's. It just wont happen.


    I'd also like to see where you're getting information on the rapidly declining member base of this site Peach?
    I've got google analytics installed for this site, and the numbers are a steady 6-700 visits per day (april 2010) and 6-700 visits per day (may 2011).
    I tend to agree with you that no one looking for technical information on S2K's is going to see "Prelude Australia" and think "This might be a good place for information".

    But, all your statics are compared to "this" site, (which is logical) but this forum doesn't see a lot of activity, we get maybe.. 3-8 new threads every day? Sometimes we don't get any. It's due to a lack of members.

    Personally, I don't see this as a problem, but others seem to and if enough people take issue with it then it is worth addressing.

  15. #45
    Silver Member PeachExperiment's Avatar
    Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTIR
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    1,385
    Quote Originally Posted by AdReNaLiN View Post
    On a side note, there's no QLD Mitsubishi Pajero 4wd club and I'd like a sub forum on PA for it please! I think this would be in our best interests for the future growth of PA.
    If you can draw some logical link between Preludes and Pajeros....fill me in and Ill give it due consideration.
    Project Joan Rivers
    The Old Bitch Gets A Facelift
    Coming Soon!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 22nd May 2010, 06:47 PM
  2. my prelude forum
    By foaley in forum Site Help / Suggestions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 17th March 2009, 10:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •