4th Gen
    Model
    Vti-R
    me likey....!
    http://www.preludeaustralia.com/foru..._view&id=12025
    Link to my garage.^^^^

When words fail, VTec speaks!

Quote Originally Posted by EXO8IC View Post
    My car is a twin turbo and has a blow valve with another little valve thing attached which silences that WOOSH (which I HATE) but it makes more of a strange sucking noise which can be heard quite loudly from my vents on the bonnet. It's quite odd...

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    S
    just had a look on the us site at that coupe, you can customize one and add a variety of extras

http://automobiles.honda.com/tools/b...ModelYear=2011

bit of fun if your bored!

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    JDM Si 4WS
    Why does remote start come as an optional extra with the Accord? Wank factor points but I cant see why (Unles with cold climates like the US it is essential)

CR-Z comes with a mugen pack (For $6400!!! but who wouldnt buy one if your buying that car anyway seriously...)

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    Well with current engines and oils, warming them up isn't really necessary. However people do like to have the engine already warmed up and hence the heater already heating the interior. But you're right, the main reason is the wank factor.

However I still think it's a pity that alll the US/North America manufacturerd Hondas/Acuras are only manufacturerd in LHD, one of those Accord coupes or the Civic coupes would be a cool daily.

Generation
    Non Honda
    Model
    '03 Commonwhore
    Quote Originally Posted by brash View Post
    Well with current engines and oils, warming them up isn't really necessary.
    Of course it is! Although 'warming up' the car should be done by starting it, waiting about 10 seconds and then driving gently, not by letting it idle for 5 minutes+.
    Excessive idling is frowned upon by manufacturers because the oil pressure is very low at idle = wear. Driving it gently keeps the oil pressure up and will warm up the transmission, diff, cat(s), O2 sensor(s), etc ready for harder driving.

The only real reason for warming up an older car by idling it for a bit is because it might have a tendency to stall when cold.
    Last edited by TMM; 27th April 2011 at 03:56 AM.
    I like luxury. It's the new performance.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    Well, you're right 100% there. Though you've also exposed what I meant, which was letting the car idle until the temp guage moves (which is what some people say you need to do)

Anyway, read this earlier this morning. Makes me a very sad panda.

Honda's NSX hero car is to make its fabled return to the supercar market after all, according to reports out of the Shanghai Auto Show this week.

Earlier reports claimed the new NSX would be downgraded from supercar to six-cylinder sports car, built on a reversed version of the Accord platform.

According to US industry paper Autonews however, Honda CEO Takanobu Ito has confirmed that a spiritual successor to the NSX is in development.

Don't expect a big Lexus LFA-beating V10 engine however: no details have been confirmed, but Honda is understood to have ruled out the big engine approach, going instead for an environmentally-friendly hybrid drivetrain.

"That's the kind of sports car we want to make," Ito reportedly told Autonews at the Shanghai show this week, describing a car that would be exhilirating to drive and environmentally-friendly.

Dropping the planned V10 heart in favour of a hybrid approach suggests Honda is watching closely BMW's Vision EfficientDynamics-based hybrid supercar.

Reports of a hybrid-based supercar marks a significant departure from the red-blooded NSX that was in development before the global financial crisis caused the project to be cancelled.

When it was first announced two years ago that the NSX spirit would live on in SuperGT track-only form, Honda confirmed the fiery HSV-010GT was actually a racing version of the aborted NSX.

Though details beyond CEO Ito's musing are absent, the new NSX will likely utilise a petrol-electric drivetrain with considerably more performance than the company's current hybrid sportscar, the CR-Z.
    http://www.themotorreport.com.au/517...in-development

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4WS - B Spec
    Interesting philosophy considering that Honda are yet to prove their hybrids are in fact environmentally friendly.
    The common diesel still gets better results. Real world economy figures on the IMA system are not as good as Honda claim too.
    http://www.carpoint.com.au/reviews/2...-sampled-23791

Hybrids are for people who want to be seen to be green.

Not that I really care. It won't be me in the que for a new Honda any time soon.

Generation
    5th Generation
    Model
    VTEC
    simply wow...

Generation
    Non Honda
    instead of making an amazing supercar, we are going to make a "sports" car

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4WS - B Spec
    Next we will find out it's a FWD NSX.

What they should do, is build it around a small gas turbine engine know to be one of the most efficient engines around. Then run a dedicated electric motor in each wheel.
    Oh that's right. Jag already did that.
    http://www.carsales.com.au/news/2010...electric-21886

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Supercars arent meant to be ecofriendly!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeachExperiment View Post
    Its good to be king!!!!

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Honda will just power your dreams!

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    ATTS
    Though details beyond CEO Ito's musing are absent, the new NSX will likely utilise a petrol-electric drivetrain with considerably more performance than the company's current hybrid sportscar, the CR-Z.
    You would hope so, that car has about 100hp...

Its very typical honda now, announce they are making an awesome car, then tak on an extremely dissapointing power figure. Sort of like how they announced a new turbo lineup - with the same power as the N/A line up.

Generation
    Non Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by sirec View Post
    Honda will just power your dreams!
    Power the dream of how the NSX should be

Generation
    5th Gen
    Jeremy Clarkson had a quote that I believe is very apt.

"Supercars are designed to melt ice caps, kill the poor, poison the water table, destroy the ozone layer, decimate indigenous wildlife, recapture the Falkland Islands and turn the entire third world into a huge uninhabitable desert"

I'm sure when he finds out the new NSX is going to an electric hybrid with power that Honda compare to the CR-Z he will be very angry.