21 28.77%
  • 1999 WRX

7 9.59%
  • Keep the lude

24 32.88%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Generation
    Non Honda
    WRX might be fun but the servicing isnt exactly cheap. My dad has a sports wagon from that era and its costing $800 a service.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4WS - B Spec
    DIY servicing for the win.

Generation
    5th Gen
    ^^ Everyone should learn to do their own servicing.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTiR
    Reselling the thing may be a little harder when you do your own. Mind you, losing a grand from the sale will be more than offset by the money you save from the mechanics.
    <a href=http://www.preludeaustralia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42730 target=_blank>http://www.preludeaustralia.com/foru...ad.php?t=42730</a>
    Back to it's former glory... Almost.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Quote Originally Posted by gumus89 View Post
    Reselling the thing may be a little harder when you do your own. Mind you, losing a grand from the sale will be more than offset by the money you save from the mechanics.
    I've never lost money on a resale because I've done my own servicing. Just don't tell them and if they ask answer truthfully if they want to negotiate you down on that basis just tell them no.

I have a Pulsar for sale and I have pictures of it up that show 3 minor dings where some idiot has opened their door on my car. I had someone try to negotiate me down on that basis I said to him "I guarantee you every other car has got this, I'm just the only one honest enough to show it. It's your car at the end of the day.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4WS - B Spec
    My cars have a better service history than anything you could hope for from a dealer. If you know what you are doing, do it right & record what you do in detail you will save a packet and your cars will continue to run for a long time. If you are not so sure then leave it for the mechanics or learn. Just don't do it half arsed.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    Quote Originally Posted by hprelude View Post
    My bro took a dc5r for a test drive for me as he's a gun at manual and im kinda half half. Said it was good but it was a stiff ride. Might go and test drive a dc2r in the next couple of weeks and see what he says between the two. Never been in an s15 but id say it would be good. Still not sure about it though, one of the reasons why i bought a 5th gen was because you dont see many on the road done nicely and thats what i like.
    Who is going to live with this on a daily basis, you or your brother? Taking his advice only on ride harshness is pretty dumb, as "too stiff ride" is completely subjective. Some people are willing to live with more than others.

Case in point, my mate's track focused wrx. Stiff as coilovers, semi-slicks and a dog box that requires double clutching or perfect revmatching for practically every shift. He drives it 55minutes to work every day, and loves it. I drove it once for a kilometer, and was wondering where the nearest trans and suspension shops were.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTI-ARHH
    I went and test drove the car with him but i didnt drive it. The ride to me was a little bumpy as im use to my car. Dont really mind that though but yeh if i was use to manual then i would have taken it for a drive, or if the owner didnt come haha. I do my own services on the car, heard to many stories about dealers dont crap jobs and lets face it oil changes are pretty simply. Everything ive done to the car has been done by me and my older bro

Generation
    Non Honda
    The only car on your list that wont be at least a little bumpy is the Merc and trust me, you dont want to be paying to service one of them.

DC5R isnt too bad from all accounts i've heard but its not great, DC2R would be worse for ride comfort, WRX is a little bumpy and the S15 is probably the most comfortable discounting the Merc. If you intend to mod the cars suspension then ride comfort shouldnt even figure into it as you'll be changing it anyway.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    As I own 10 cars (all 2 doors incl Porsche 911, BMW Z, Mercedes CLK and Honda) ----- I suggest you buy one of each.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTI-ARHH
    ^^^ are you serious? you own that many cars?

Gold Member
    Generation
    5th Gen
    buy my evo 8 =)

Generation
    5th Gen
    S15 or ..GTR haha

out of ur list go the S15 gotta love nissan

MY BABY 5th GEN VTI-R PRELUDE SOLD.

Generation
    Non Honda
    GTR32/33 without at least a bottom end rebuild is a very expensive ticking time bomb

S15 with service history is the way to go, even the Spec S (AUDM) is a shitload of fun, the Spec R (AUDM) got more power JDM Spec S and Spec R got the same power.
    Last edited by ego; 4th January 2011 at 09:26 PM.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Quote Originally Posted by egotzm View Post
    GTR32/33 without at least a bottom end rebuild is a very expensive ticking time bomb

S15 with service history is the way to go, even the Spec S (AUDM) is a shitload of fun, the Spec R (AUDM) got more power JDM Spec S and Spec R got the same power.
    what do u mean a ticking time bomb . :S obviously get the right shit done to it.

MY BABY 5th GEN VTI-R PRELUDE SOLD.