7 9.59%
  • Keep the lude

24 32.88%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTI-ARHH

Should i upgrade? what should i upgrade to?

Hey ppl was just after opinions about whether i should upgrade from the 5th gen.
    I love the car and dont really want to sell it (only had it for a year) but my bro wants to buy a car and likes mine so ive been looking at what i can change to.
    Only thing is im not sure if ill get annoyed driving manual everyday :S and if its worth upgrading to any of these cars i have in mind
    Last edited by hprelude; 28th December 2010 at 07:41 PM.

Generation
    Non Honda
    Im sick of manual only because my driving is up and down one highway at peak hour Monday to Friday, until now in all 3 of my preludes and both my motorbikes i've driven manual.

Driving rear drive now i can honestly say if you get a RWD you wont look back but the DC2R would be awesome as long as you didnt mind a very stiff ride and few luxuries. Of that list i've driven the S15, DC2R and WRX and id say S15.
    Last edited by ego; 28th December 2010 at 07:51 PM.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTI-ARHH
    Quote Originally Posted by egotzm View Post
    Im sick of manual only because my driving is up and down one highway at peak hour Monday to Friday

Driving rear drive now i can honestly say if you get a RWD you wont look back but the DC2R would be awesome as long as you didnt mind a very stiff ride and few luxuries.
    Yeh im looking away from manual because when i ask my bothers mates (Older) whether they would get another manual they all say they are sick of it as well, so i can understand where ya coming from egotzm and yehh the only problem with DC2Rs is the interior, i feel like ill be downgrading.

But a lot of people say RWD will be much better but i honestly dont see a problem with FWD. They both have positives and negatives. If i was just changing becasue it was FWD then id change to AWD. s15s are nice but i dont like the image they get

Generation
    Non Honda
    I thought the same aboug FWD until i drove a good rear drive car, rear drive just feels more balanced, even my slushmatic IS200 feels really good when you hook it into a corner it feels really poised.

I know where you're coming from with the S15 image but i wouldnt let an image get in the way of a good car and the S15 is a brilliant drive. Manual will be fine since you're coming from an auto. The DC2R isnt a car id want to have as an every day car but i dont think there would be a better weekend car for the money.

Take them for a drive and see what you think!

Generation
    5th Gen
    SO have you thought about modifying it? If your going to modify it, I don't think you can go past an S15, bigger turbo and a boost controller will see you to 200HP with $1,000.

I think the WRX would make a fantastic daily and weekend toy if your planning on keeping it stock.

CLK320 is going to be the pick for a to-and-from-work-in-traffic-jams-whilst-feeling-like-your-at-home-on-the-couch kind of car.

Also need to consider what stage of your life your going into and how long your going to have the car. I've no idea how old you are but if your 20ish single or perhaps non-serious relationship you may want a RWD S15 Turbo to go sideways through some corners.

If your 28-35 and have a house/kids/wife/other your probably going to lean towards the 4-door WRX as something you can get the family to school/work/shopping center.

If your planing to have it for the next 5 years you also need to think about what this car will need to do in that 5 years, will you have a kid in that time?

I feel like an old guy throwing serious life-altering scenarios at you, but it's something you need to ask yourself.
    Last edited by Son of Eevil; 28th December 2010 at 10:24 PM.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    AP1 S2000
    s15 in manual, i dont know how you guys can get sick of manual

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    upgrade to a 4th gen and be done with it
    ------------------------------------
    Winton : 1:48.2
    Sandown : 1:38.3

Generation
    5th Gen
    Quote Originally Posted by 94vtirozguy View Post
    downgrade to a 4th gen and be as lame as me
    Fixed!

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTI-ARHH
    Quote Originally Posted by egotzm View Post

I know where you're coming from with the S15 image but i wouldnt let an image get in the way of a good car and the S15 is a brilliant drive.
    Take them for a drive and see what you think!
    My bro took a dc5r for a test drive for me as he's a gun at manual and im kinda half half. Said it was good but it was a stiff ride. Might go and test drive a dc2r in the next couple of weeks and see what he says between the two. Never been in an s15 but id say it would be good. Still not sure about it though, one of the reasons why i bought a 5th gen was because you dont see many on the road done nicely and thats what i like.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Eevil View Post
    SO have you thought about modifying it?
    Also need to consider what stage of your life your going into and how long your going to have the car.
    Yeh id be doing some mods to it, if its a honda, i wont be chasing power more on handling, mods like ive done to my car atm like rear sway bars and suspension. Im 20 years old atm and normally we keep cars for a few years, dont really like changing every year like some friends of mine. If my bro doesnt end up buying the lude then ill end up keeping it for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylaan View Post
    s15 in manual, i dont know how you guys can get sick of manual
    been brought up with autos all my life, not one manual at home. also driving back from uni normally bumper to bumper traffic. But there are some days were i wish i had a manual.
    4th gens are nice but i prefer the 5th gens as their less common. But before i bought it i was considering one

Thanks for the help so far ppl
    Last edited by hprelude; 29th December 2010 at 06:11 PM.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Flying Broomstick
    Evo 7 GTA (Auto) $16,500 driveaway

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsa...ealer_id=12510
    Imitation is the best form of flattery

Generation
    5th Gen
    My father always said to me "If you don't know what to do, do nothing". I suggest that if there's no real reason you want t change, don't save your money, buy a highclass call girl instead!! Ha ha

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Leather
    ^^ i like it. smart thing really, if u cant make up ur mind on something why rush u might end up disapointed with ur choice.
    once ur mind is set do wat u need to get it. but i dont mean go do illegal stuff it will come back to bite u in the arse.
    3RD GEN LUDER--------------------

Ricing It Up alil'

Generation
    Non Honda
    if there is a car in that group that you really want then get that, doesnt matter what other people say, because you have to live with it. was easy for me to choose to upgrade to my 1999 wrx because i have wanted a gc8 since the first time i ever saw one

Generation
    5th Gen
    Quote Originally Posted by escapade View Post
    *snip* was easy for me to choose to upgrade to my 1999 wrx because i have wanted a gc8 since the first time i ever saw one
    Aha! Sounds like me! Ever since I played the original Gran Tourismo on my PlayStation (the original) I've wanted one ever since I also remember the 1st car I picked everytime I started a new game being the Honda CR-X with the WRX my 2nd car, everytime!

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4WS - B Spec
    Quote Originally Posted by escapade View Post
    if there is a car in that group that you really want then get that, doesnt matter what other people say, because you have to live with it. was easy for me to choose to upgrade to my 1999 wrx because i have wanted a gc8 since the first time i ever saw one
    Ditto. Brings a smile to my face every time I hear that 3" straight through boxer rumble.