Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GT5 online

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    I know its sooooo much fun when you go around drifting but you start to loose grip in later laps and hence slow lap time but good fun.
    sorry j3nova I had kept one of the b spec endurance challenge on and TV off, that's why I didn't see ur invitations.
    We will definitely have to play together next time.
    and yes migoreng we can see the smoke aswell as the Tyre marks

Generation
    Non Honda
    The drifting is pretty much all i do on GT5 now, no traction, Suzuka short course the first two corners are great fun if you get the speed right you can drift the whole way through and up to the essess.

migoreng
    Quote Originally Posted by egotzm View Post
    The drifting is pretty much all i do on GT5 now, no traction, Suzuka short course the first two corners are great fun if you get the speed right you can drift the whole way through and up to the essess.
    I've tried drift mode and it's pretty cool...there's something about the road..it's like there's less friction? Anyone know the technical details behind drift mode?

But anyway I stlll like drifting on sport tyres during normal races.. I can even get racing hard tyre to smoke up a little too.
    lol

The only assist I use is ABS unless it's some insane race car which i'll set only level 1 traction...(Mazda 787B, F1 car etc...)
    I can drive JGTC cars without traction control..used to race them in GT4 without too much problems.

If you want ABS disabled you need to set brake balance to something like F:5 R:3 otherwise the rear is 100% unstable. LOL
    Last edited by migoreng; 20th September 2011 at 01:25 PM.

Generation
    Non Honda
    Yeah drift mode is different to normal time trial or whatever, its not just all the tractions are off etc. I used to have a huge range of drift cars but now i only have a few, i went back to doing Nurburgring fast laps so i built a huge number of time attack cars and built up my 458 italita, 430 scuderia, R8 V10 and lamborghinis to destroy Nurburgring which they all do well but the 458 the best. Now i've gone back to drift but i sold quite a few cars to fund my time attack vehicles.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    My favorite is the 458 too and all I'm doin now r online races for some money

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTiR
    Nothing beats a fully specced out Viper for raw power. 8.3 litre V10 supercharged, it gets nearly 1000hp. AND you can make it handle if you dump it with good suspension and soft slicks.

migoreng
    Just got my 5th gen sir ... 250hp with suspension mods and racing hard tyres...does 1:04 laps at tsukuba circuit lol...

Let's race tomorrow!

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Quote Originally Posted by b1acklude View Post
    Nothing beats a fully specced out Viper for raw power. 8.3 litre V10 supercharged, it gets nearly 1000hp. AND you can make it handle if you dump it with good suspension and soft slicks.
    That's what I did in GT4 - dominated everything. Killed the tyres every lap though but what do you do
    Off and on with GT5, have yet to dabble in online but will when I get some decent cars.

Generation
    Non Honda
    My Viper is a massive pig i never drive it anymore. I like razor sharp directional control at the front with a slight oversteer setup for Nurburgring.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4WS - B Spec
    The race prepared ZR1 is much better to drive than the Viper.

Generation
    Non Honda
    The ZR1 with Racing Modifications or is there are a race ZR1 in the game that i've not seen?

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4WS - B Spec
    The one I have is a stock ZR1 with mods. It's won a LOT of events.
    I now have just about all the cars (980 ish) I'll take a look next time on. I believe there is a race version, but it might be a C5.

The other favourite and probably my most used car would be a well modified Enzo. Though it does take a lot to set up up right. It tends to understeer like a pig until you tweak it. It's main issue in stock trim is loss of steering under power. This can be fixed .

Generation
    Non Honda
    My Enzo has a lot of work done and a lot of time spent fine tuning it and the 458 Italia is faster around a twisty track. I managed a 1.05.699 around Rome in my Italia and a 106.834 in the Enzo.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4WS - B Spec
    I'll have to give it a go. Hadn't bothered with the 458.

i tend to get in and out of this

play it for a week straight then quit

have some mad cars though

should organize some races