Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTI-R

GT35R Setup On Prelude

Hey Fellas/Girls

Was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the gt35r turbo setup on their prelude? I'm wanting to go down this path as it seems that it puts out reasonable horsepower for street use and will be something worth the money and time. Now the other question is if people think this turbo is suited to a near stock h22a or would their need be some internal work done? Is their any pacific places people know where to buy h22a turbo parts to work with a gt35r?

as much information i could gain will be appreciated.. thanks

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Leather
    well im planning on using a GT28RS on my car and im swapping out internals.
    but my engine is a B20A5
    3RD GEN LUDER--------------------

Ricing It Up alil'

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTI-R
    so you'd think internal work might be needed to run a gt35r? the basic setups i've seen is basically is to run a fmic, gt35r, bov, and the normal setup.. and maybe run low boost until some other mods have been made?

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Leather
    well yer u can run around 7psi without internal work but as advised by other members above 7psi can result in damage.

edit: im swapping internals cause i want to push 16- 18psi max.
    Last edited by Nonricerprelude; 31st October 2010 at 07:46 PM.

Ricing It Up alil'

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTI-R
    yeah true that, so what internal gear would you reckon is the best option to say run 15psi safely?

edit: oh fair enough.. i would be happy to run 15 - 18psi of the gt35r.. as its rated between 300-500hp with the right mods. so wouldnt mind to get 200kw outa the h22a.. and if that means upgrading some internals then thats what im asking is the best way to head?
    Last edited by GormzZ; 31st October 2010 at 07:50 PM.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Leather
    im not exactly fimiliar with h22's but bearings, MLS head gasket, pistons and rods from the top of my head.
    you might need a higher flow fuel pump and injectors. im sure phattzy, bob or members will correct me if im wrong
    Last edited by Nonricerprelude; 31st October 2010 at 07:56 PM.

Ricing It Up alil'

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    si 4ws TURBO
    to run 15psi max i would be looking at new ecu ( hondata s300 or other's like adaptronics e420c that im using , motec , link , haltech etc etc ) acl and king bearing on the crank and rods , scatt h22a h-beam forged rods , forged piston's with a static 8.5:1 C/R with a good set of chrome rings , cometic mls head gasket , decked block and a cyclinder hone as well as a deck on the head aswell , larger injectors between 500cc-800cc , over sized fuel rail from AEM , in-tank walbro 255lph fuel pump , rise rate adjustable fuel pressure regulator , external waste gate nothing smaller than a 40mm , boost controller , bov , hope im not scaring you but i bent stock rods on 10psi in my b20 , now its fully forged decked prepped and ready for 30psi of glory . good luck dude and if you have any queastion send me a P.M and id be happy to help another couple of people to talk to is bob , pfj lude and adrenilan .

GARAGE : http://www.preludeaustralia.com/foru..._vehicle&id=30

BUILD THREAD : http://www.preludeaustralia.com/foru...o-3rd-gen-lude

VIDEOS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usazsV_c_zU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psgNZjLqRrw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRn-1Oeashw

Quote Originally Posted by SAKI View Post
    PS: Can't wait to see your beast in action.. going to be one the highest power 3rd gens out there i reckon..
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    I am going down now to show them mine....

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTI-R
    ohh i see, so in total for the new ecu, injectors, forged rods etc.. how much would it cost? and is any of these parts definitely needed to run 15psi? or just to be on the safe side of the engine blowing? at the moment.. im trying to get rough ideas on parts and price figures as i dont know any good websites for cheap parts etc.. any help in that department also would be great!

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Leather
    well ive researched for myself and found the parts alone for me is around 5k -8k. but im still looking and changing my mind

Ricing It Up alil'

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4WS - B Spec
    A GT35R is a pretty large turbo for the H22 and capable of a fair amount of power.
    If you are set on this then I'd guesstimate $10-15k to get a reasonably reliable system.
    It will be laggy though. If it's power you want it costs money.
    If you are looking for something a bit more streetable I'd be looking for a GT28. Sub 7-8 psi will net a nice cost effective system. There is still more potential but would require internal upgrades.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    si 4ws TURBO
    off the top of my head so dont quote me

rods $500
    bearings $300
    pistons $1200 includes ring set
    hone and deck $200
    mls head gasket $100-$150
    fuel rail ?
    FPR $ 150
    W/G $ $300-$600
    turbo $1500-$2500
    injectors $350-$500
    pump $100-$150
    ecu ?
    tune ?
    if manual new clutch to handle the extra power and are you doing this or going to pay someone to build it for you ? labour will kill you and after you spend close on $20000 in labour and part its cheaper to buy someone else hard work . ive done 99% of the work on my lude and engine alone $15000 !!!!!! a gt35r on a h22a is a very expensive way to boost a h22 , id be more incline to go bobs way and a gt28 . less work , less parts to buy , more money to put in the fuel tank to enjoy . lots of lag from that turbo aswell with a stock head , i have exstensive port/polish work on my head $2500 worth to be precise . and i still have lag but no where near as much as a gt35r on a stock h22 head . id sit down and really think what the car will be used for mainly and build it to that dude .

GARAGE : http://www.preludeaustralia.com/foru..._vehicle&id=30

BUILD THREAD : http://www.preludeaustralia.com/foru...o-3rd-gen-lude

VIDEOS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usazsV_c_zU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psgNZjLqRrw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRn-1Oeashw

Quote Originally Posted by SAKI View Post
    PS: Can't wait to see your beast in action.. going to be one the highest power 3rd gens out there i reckon..
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    I am going down now to show them mine....

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    so expensive...... O.o lol
    It's Tony!

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTI-R
    Quote Originally Posted by phattzy View Post
    off the top of my head so dont quote me

rods $500
    bearings $300
    pistons $1200 includes ring set
    hone and deck $200
    mls head gasket $100-$150
    fuel rail ?
    FPR $ 150
    W/G $ $300-$600
    turbo $1500-$2500
    injectors $350-$500
    pump $100-$150
    ecu ?
    tune ?
    if manual new clutch to handle the extra power and are you doing this or going to pay someone to build it for you ? labour will kill you and after you spend close on $20000 in labour and part its cheaper to buy someone else hard work . ive done 99% of the work on my lude and engine alone $15000 !!!!!! a gt35r on a h22a is a very expensive way to boost a h22 , id be more incline to go bobs way and a gt28 . less work , less parts to buy , more money to put in the fuel tank to enjoy . lots of lag from that turbo aswell with a stock head , i have exstensive port/polish work on my head $2500 worth to be precise . and i still have lag but no where near as much as a gt35r on a stock h22 head . id sit down and really think what the car will be used for mainly and build it to that dude .
    ohh i certainly see.. yeah and hopefully labour will be done by myself and a mate who knows what his doing.. and would you reckon a T03 or a T28 is a better path for the mean time and set myself up.. then possibly if i wanted more horsepower i could just upgrade the turbo and internals? might work out a bit cheaper just to get a basic turbo setup for fun.. then maybe more serious power if i want more.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTI-R
    would love for the end result to be something like this.. except more of a dose/flutter instead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-zprRyKMOA

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTI-R
    ohh and another things.. would a turbonetics gtk350 i think its called which your using phattzy be alright on 7psi on a stock block h22a? or is it still too much like the gt35r and not the gt28?