Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Si

progress thread hopefully to be started soon...

ok, so i've been doing little bits and pieces to my car to get it back in top nick, coz it was neglected by previous owners. been doing things like reviving headlights, changing to LED glodes, polished the glass, cleaning inside regularly etc..

soon i am getting her a nice detail to freshen the paint up, it's all oxidised and plenty a water spot, also getting the bumper fixed/resprayed..need to fix the visor for sunroof, is proving a difficult task. And today got some new window sills for under the wondows on door, they were peeled and cracked

other more important things to come, front ball joint needs replacing, anyone know how much roughly that'll cost? then following up that with some nice advanti Tenzo rims, and after that i plan on getting some extractors, sports exhaust system and air intake so yay.....!

i need a second job, lol.
    anyone had their front ball joint replaced before? coz my mechanic (great mechanic) said he doesnt know how much coz he hasnt done one on a lude b4, so a rough idea would be grouse

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Si
    Same rims as mine they are awesome on a 5th gen haha
    ʍǝɹɔ uʍop ǝpısdn

私の進行中のスレッドを確認してください
    Quote Originally Posted by lommytam2342 View Post
    Hey Furo, whats the finger spacing for your rear?
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Eevil View Post
    How much do I have to pay you or how much dick do I have to suck to get you to take me for a ride?!

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Si
    the black and red ones? yeah i has a white 5th gen too, so figured it would look sweet money's hard to come by tho unfortunately

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Si
    Just landed myself a job today at village cinemas working casually, this progress looks like it might be starting sooner than i'd hope I'll post some picks up of my ride once it's all detailed and bumber been fixed/resprayed

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Si
    Hows your progress with your car going mate?

Got those LEDs working yet? I'll post some pics of mine tonight if you like...
    ʍǝɹɔ uʍop ǝpısdn

私の進行中のスレッドを確認してください
    How much do I have to pay you or how much dick do I have to suck to get you to take me for a ride?!

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Si
    hey, progress hasnt been too fast, money is slow when you're studying,

I wasnt able to get Advanti Tenzos as they have stopped production so i'm currently looking at either DC5s or DC6s in black&red, should look great.

I've debadged it, as well as replaced the original honda badges with type-r style ones, they're just cheap ones for now, but when i've got some spare cash lying around i'll pop down to honda and buy some legit ones.

and hopefully in a month will be doing the brakes and suspension

renz, I havent had any luck with the LED strips, I tried threading the wire from the dome light down the side pillar, and needless to say, I spent half an hour just on this and failed the cabling just kept bunching up, i treid with a metal coat hanger but it was a no go. Did you use anything to feed your wire up to the centre dome?

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Si
    NEW RIMS ARE ON!!!
    ended up getting the Tenzo-R Project 7s and DAYUM they are nice first in Victoria with them apparently getting new springs & struts etc (whole suspension done) within a couple weeks, will be dropping in 1-2 steps, so not really low but low enough

I will have some pics up of the car with rims hopefully by the end of today

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Si
    sorry man havent been on for a while, haha nah man i just shoved it in there.. sorta..

unlucky your not in Perth, i would of helped ya...

i took off my pillar i think, it was about a year ago since i fitted it btw...

ummm, all the cable that bunches up in the pillar, just put that in the roof space, or just cut it to length mate...

its very fiddily... took me about 2 hours to do..

i'll try and take some photos, my car has been taken by my house mates mum so whenever she comes back with it i'll see what i can do
    ʍǝɹɔ uʍop ǝpısdn

私の進行中のスレッドを確認してください

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4WS - B Spec
    As we can't read. A progress thread without pics will get lost on most of us here.
    Looking forward to the show and tell.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Si
    haha, just gotta work out how to some pics working, took a few after I washed her yesterday

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Si
    New Wheels are on

New badges

New wheels, natural light

Whole Car

From the back

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Vtir
    yay! pictures
    wow, nice wheels with the time attack too, clean car keep up the good work mate

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Si
    thanks i try keep her well looked after, cleaned once a week if the weather permits, otherwise every 2 and inside every 2 weeks, also check the oil and everything every 2 weeks

next thing to go will be suspension which will be the whole deal and it will be dropped 2 steps (think thats about 2 inches) so not too low, and hopefully getting brakes done at same time or shortly after and will be spraying the new calipers red once they go on

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    ATTS
    Wow very nice!! If you don't mind me asking what wheels are they, where did you get them and how much?? I want them on my other car lol.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Si
    haha no worries, they are Tenzo-R Project 7s in black and red, I got them with Khumo 31 tyres fitted and a wheel allignment (thrown in for free) all for $1400 in preston VIC
    was a pretty good buy as my dad is a good customer there, bit of a drive for us but we save on the service, very good service too might i add

edit: this is the website for where i got my wheels and tyres done http://www.magwheel.com.au/Wheels.html the Tenzos arent on there but here's the Tenzo website http://www.tenzoracingsports.com/main.php?page=wheels

plenty of nice wheels by Tenzo, maybe not red stripe on blue car but they do different colours in most styles
    Last edited by MattR; 17th November 2010 at 10:41 PM.