Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws

Forbeszy's Progress Thread

Ok... Well ill start off by introducing myself.
    My name is Tim Forbes, but known as Forbeszy.

I Have a 1991 Lude, My 1st car. My old man bought it for me since it was my 1st car. It was acquired in March 2009 un-rego for $2200 from Newcastle.

Ive been a PA member for a few months now, And have decided its time to make a progress thread and share what I have done & what will happen.

So far progress is slow as I am an 1st yr apprentice so money isn't that great atm

Well ill try and post up pics & info on what has happened up until now & hopefully it will keep growing into the future

So without further ado, here she is when I first got her stock standard.

The first weekend I gave her a big soapy bath & a huge clean inside.
    Was in good condition when I got it... I am the 4th owner, all & including me non-smokers, Serviced every 6 months, 208 XXX KM.
    Last edited by forbeszy; 5th July 2010 at 08:46 PM.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Very tidy looking.

Generation
    Non Honda
    Nice S2! Getting harder to find clean ones now for sure and also the manual, quite rare in the S2's. How many km on it?

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by egotzm View Post
    Nice S2! Getting harder to find clean ones now for sure and also the manual, quite rare in the S2's. How many km on it?
    208k kms. Just under his pictures.
    <a href=http://www.preludeaustralia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42730 target=_blank>http://www.preludeaustralia.com/foru...ad.php?t=42730</a>
    Back to it's former glory... Almost.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    very straight it looks mint. for the money that was a bargain!

Generation
    Non Honda
    Similar K's to mine then....hmmm perhaps i should lower my sights on what i want for the car in November hehe.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    very nice lude dude good luck with what ever you may be doing with it

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Ok guys, Just chucked this together.... Bit hard to think what has happened over the past yr but anyway.

March 09:
    Well next thing that happened was timing belt & water pump needed replacing

April 09:
    The beast needed new rubber as the previous owner just got re-treads to pass rego, & we all know what re-treads are like so on went Hero HR668 205/60/14 tyres (I know they are a cheap tyre but was a good price, and they have been ok for the past year).
    Also the exhaust had rusted out so a cat-back went in with a 4" stainless canon with silencer which i later took off (want to return to a twin tip later on)

In April also serviced the Lude at home, did oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, spark plugs, engine oil.

Then got a cheap leather gear boot & modified it to fit stock to relace the tatty stock one

May 09:
    Next was a trip to Budgiewoi wreckers, got and instaled some... Black door sills, better condition windscreen dimister vents, interior mirror, door pillars (without ALB badge)

June 09:
    Painted the rocker cover black

July 09:
    A/C service: New reciever drier, O rings & R134A gas

August 09:

Bought some parts off a bloke from Sydney who was parting out his 1991 lude, Got Clock (with button cover), Passenger aircon vent to replace broken one, velor seats to replace damaged leather ones & tail lights to replace cracked ones

Next a stainless steel braided clutch line went in as the old one stuffed

Then in went a chrome dial ring set to spice things up a bit

After that got the steering knuckles & CV shafts replaced, strip & replace boots & repack with fresh grease

September 09:
    The car went into the shop to get the roof repaired and a small amount of rust cut from under the rear window

Went from this

To This

January 10:
    Got a new sound system installed...
    Pioneer DEH-P5150UB Head Deck (Direct USB Connection & Full Dot OEL Display)
    Pioneer GM-6400F (4-Channel Bridgeable Power Amplifier)
    Pioneer TS-D1720C ( 260W 17cm Packaged Component Speakers) FRONT
    Pioneer TS-A1683S ( 280W 16cm 4-Way Speakers) REAR

May 10:
    Got another bonnet and had it re-sprayed

From worse than this

To this

(Don't have a good pic atm)

This should bring the progress up to date more.... I know i'm missing some things but they will be added soon.

Cheers guys

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Sorry guys... It had 208 XXXkm when I got it bit over a yr ago, it has 230 XXXkm atm

It was my daily driver for 6 months until i got this

So the lude only see's the road on weekends, She has prob only done 1000 km in the past 2.5 months now the mazda is the daily

As for what i have planed.... Wheels + tyres, Ksprot's, front & rear sway bars and strut bars, tint, new full exhaust system, more rare OEM JDM goodness

I have a few things here atm that still need put on, just need some time lol.

Ill post up more of what has happened in the past few months, coz i know there is more that ive done

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    MMmmmmmm I dont like where you are going with this....... Saki drops his burgandy 3rd gen and straight away I have a new guy trying to contend..... Sheesh!

But nice lookin car mate, good move on fixing the rust etc first!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeachExperiment View Post
    Its good to be king!!!!

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Haha, don't worry VC im nowhere near being close to contend against you & your lude... Maybe one day lol

Yea it was a shock that he sold it, i was following his build.... I have to admit that Saki and yourself have been inspiration for me since I signed up on PA earlier in the yr, but cant forget the other boys on here they have all given me inspiration for my lude

Generation
    Non Honda
    Doesnt matter how many ks it has on it or what damage there is, you'll always remember your first car. I remember my S1 3rd gen, took me so many places with so many fantastic people and ill never forget it. So many memories attatched to that car.

Glad to hear she's still going strong at 230xxx. Mines about to hit 210xxx in the next few weeks and her time with me is quickly coming to an end, selling in November when i've renewed reg and done its November service. Couple of things i need to fix before i sell but the S2 gen 3 is a beautiful car and yours is proof of that. Keep her looking mint!
    Last edited by ego; 6th July 2010 at 12:07 AM.

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    A few other things that have happened in the past few months include:

Got a centre console arm rest. I got it from America for bit over $100 including postage, in good condition only problem was worn fabric on one corner... Got some black fabric from Spotlight & decided to replace the foam padding under the fabric also got some good quality foam at Clark rubber. then cut to size glue & trim etc. And looks good as new..

Then in went OEM fog lights..

Also got OEM switch for them.

Wiring was easy enough.. Got a relay from supercheap and my old man had some spare wiring that was left over from when stuff was done on his work truck.... The fogs came without the metal brackets but i sourced the outer brackets for each side and then made my own inner brackets for each side.

I have dimensions and pictures of the brackets if anyone needs help or wants some made up... I also have pics of how everything was installed and wired up if anyone needs help.

Next I picked up a few things from PA user "Stolli"...

Rare Map light... Not wired up yet tho, will get there sometime (Does anyone know the best way to wire one up?)

Custom CAI... Works good, Going to get a custom air box made hopefully soon

Also got a Prelude Accessory Book & a few other small things

Got a look alike Type-R shift knob... A new shift boot is on the list of things to do/get & also a true short shifter (Anyone know where i can get one or who can help?)

I also have a full CD5 Accord lip kit to put on one weekend when its not raining or when im not busy

And the lude recently had a Cyclops alarm/keyless entry system put in

I think that brings it up to date now

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    Very nice. Burgandy S2 with no spoiler works very well. After the kit, waht next mate?

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si4ws Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by forbeszy View Post
    Rare Map light... Not wired up yet tho, will get there sometime (Does anyone know the best way to wire one up?)

i wired the power for the map light to the power for the dome light, easier than feeding wires down the a pillar

Quote Originally Posted by forbeszy View Post

Got a look alike Type-R shift knob... A new shift boot is on the list of things to do/get & also a true short shifter (Anyone know where i can get one or who can help?)

they come up for sale quite often over on preludepower
    ~Ian~

Anything thing I say is my opinion, all care, but no responsibility taken.

1989 Prelude Si Turbo - Laguna gold - Progress thread index or My Garage
    Prelude Australia POTM - June 2009 ..... Prelude Power POTM - July 2010
    2006 CBR1000RR - Silver Metallic - Clicky