Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Silver Re-trim

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    why would you buy a iphone for a contiki? Whilst on my contiki I wish i left it at home. Contiki's are crazy fast, its a pain in the ass to take care of expensive things.

WiFi in Europe isn't as great as its advertised, and i doubt you going to have much if any data on 3G carriers. If you plan on playing games and the like - it gets old fast, theres plenty of better things to do on the contiki bus. Id just snatch a mates Nano or something.
    Last edited by peejayy; 6th May 2010 at 04:01 PM.

m:0432 699 951 e:pujitha115@optusnet.com.au msn:peejayy@hotmail.com

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Silver Re-trim
    i bought one because my old phone had trouble calling my next door neibour, camera didnt work and battery would last all of 3 hours. It can do just about everything under the sun. Ill be backpacking after the tour which is when it will come in handy (tour is camping anyway).

Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    My newest purchase too, it's alot smaller and slimmer than it appears. I carry it around while at work, sometimes i get a few weird looks but noone overly cares.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachExperiment View Post
    Its good to be king!!!!

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Si
    Out of interest how much does that contiki tour cost?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    +1 it's stiffness that counts. Not Diameter. At least thats what the wife tells me.
    (not sure she knows that much about cars though)

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    it goes to Munich and Heidelburg in Germany... but not Berlin? it seems like an awesome thing to do... but you're really missing out on something awesome if you don't manage to find your way over to Berlin, it's an awesome city, lol, lots of kool and interesting stuff to see and do there =p

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    @JonZap:

Carbonfibre parts for your car weren't enough, you had to get them for your snowboard too? =P

Well, I just imported this via Mobicity.com.au recently:

Nokia N900.

Generation
    2nd Generation
    Model
    Si
    wish i had money for cool stuff.
    wish i had a job. FARRRRRRRK IT.
    last stuff i bought was some 2nd hand pedders 2180 springs for the rear and 2nd hand s/lows for the front.
    And cleaning products, cos when im not searching for a job in this fd up town of coffs harbour im cleaning my car.

mines the eb1, and my mates efxr6
    Quote Originally Posted by Raddest View Post
    ... it's broken then.

Ah well...

I'll rig it to expand batman wings or some shit.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si-Vtec
    Recent purchases...

Samsung LCD TV 46" Series 6 with wireless lan/internet adaptor for access to my computer

Monster GreenPower HDP 850G PowerCenter
    Want to see my car? Click here!

Generation
    Non Honda
    Model
    AUII XR8 220
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarik View Post
    Well, I just imported this via Mobicity.com.au recently:

Nokia N900.
    trying to decide if i want one of these or an n8 when it is released

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    N900 : If you want an advanced *phone* don't buy it. It's phone features are very basic. It doesn't even have 'contact groups' - you just have everyone lumped together.

But as a mobile computer, it's pretty cool. Internet browsing is great. *True* multitasking is amazing. Feels like you're using a computer. So many times I'll start loading a page, switch to another window, do something there, switch to another window, then back to the first one.

One thing to note is it really feels like a Beta release. So many features that haven't been released yet (coming up with update 1.2 which should be coming up within the next few weeks - a leaked version is already out). But yeah, like to enable portrait browsing in the browser requires a secret key combination. Portrait mode doesn't exist for the interface yet officially, but a bug can make it appear.

There's not a huge aftermarket of programs available yet, but since QT is going to be released in the next update, we may see a few more start appearing now. Don't expect nearly the amount of stuff you get on Symbian, Android or iPhone.

Let's not forget Ovi Maps 1.1. The most laggy, useless maps program. Doesn't even give you turn by turn navigation - you gotta pay extra to buy an app for that. Apparently some of the GPS lag comes from a bug that says that the GPS has to work in conjunction with internet. Without internet it won't work. Supposedly fixed in the 1.2 update.

An important note is even though it claims H264 support, it only supports the 'baseline' profile. So most of your .mp4 stuff won't work, despite being in h264 because they'll use the higher profiles (which I think start including the features that make H264 nice, like B-frames and all that). So yeah, you'll still have to convert to a nicer format.

A minor defect that becomes noticeable is the camera is surrounded by a mirror finish bezel. In the sunlight, this causes reflections into the camera which make bad quality photos with a greenish tinge (only in sunlight though). Solved with a black permanent marker. But yeah, apart from that, photos and videos are very nice.

But yeah, overall. It's a nice, geek phone. You'll find in the community on Maemo.org, half the people there are Linux fans and are constantly sitting in X-terminal, transferring files via SSH instead of USB, etc etc. It's a great internet browsing platform, but if you're after true functionality, apps and phone capability, go for something like the Motorola Milestone (Google Droid), or Nexus One.

That being said, I love my phone. =P

Generation
    Non Honda
    Model
    AUII XR8 220
    oh yeah...i know all about the n900.
    just weighing up my options.
    i will be given a work phone with my new job i start in 1.5 weeks...so it will just be for a personal phone/toy.
    and it will be an upgrade form my iphone.
    i think i will just hold out for the n8...just live with the shit ghey iphone for a few extra months. already put up with the shitness for 5 months...a few extra wont hurt. i usually try to upgrade every 6 months.

Generation
    Other Honda
    New arrivals today....

New cufflinks... first ones arrived damaged >

And a fancy new business card holder / dispenser!

Generation
    Non Honda
    Model
    AUII XR8 220
    i want one of those business card holders

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    lol. I may have to invent a company, just to make business cards, to justify purchasing that for.

edit- it actually looks kinda like it could hurt people.