Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Junior Member Sapphireblue's Avatar
    Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    35

    What should I do with my 2nd gen lude.....?

    Ok guys

    The time has come to bite the bullet and part with my 83 2nd gen. It's been taking up valuable space and I really have to do something about it.

    Any ideas?......and please be kind :-)
    Sapphire

  2. #2
    PA Janitor Bob's Avatar
    Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4WS - B Spec
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    11,092
    A) Sell it
    B) Give it away
    C) Call Sims Metal

  3. #3
    Gold Member hiru's Avatar
    Generation
    Other Honda
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    3,231
    whats wrong with it?

  4. #4
    Junior Member Sapphireblue's Avatar
    Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    35
    Hi Hiru

    Quite a bit is wrong with it - I should have listed the specs in my original post - so here they are:

    83 - auto - 300,000 + kms on it and I believe it is a JDM
    Driver door panel damaged (door opens enough to get in/out)
    Some rust in the "usual places" bottom rear window seal etc
    Rego expired
    Sunroof leaks a little- believe that the channels just need a clean out
    Has been sitting in the garage for 12 months (battery flat because "someone" left the door open)
    Would need new tyres
    ABS not working
    Car was overheating only if idling for long periods (everything checked many times yet no cause found!)
    It's the car in my pic btw.


    I think that's about it
    Sapphire
    Last edited by Sapphireblue; 27th March 2010 at 01:19 PM. Reason: added info

  5. #5
    PA Janitor Bob's Avatar
    Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4WS - B Spec
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    11,092
    It will cost more than the car is worth to get it going.

    Plan C.

  6. #6
    PA Resident SAKI's Avatar
    Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New South Wales
    Posts
    3,987
    Definately not worth fixing. Sorry dude, take any bits off that you might be able to sell and see what you can get for the metal.
    Quote Originally Posted by brash22 View Post
    You sir are mad. Like lock you in the nuthouse mad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabir View Post
    You sir are a prelude obsessed freak.
    Quote Originally Posted by hiru View Post
    you sir, are a prelunatic.

  7. #7
    Junior Member Sapphireblue's Avatar
    Generation
    3rd Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    35
    Thanks Saki - that's what I thought. I can't and don't have the time to pull it apart :-(

    And I am a dudette :-)

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Generation
    Other Honda
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New South Wales
    Posts
    15
    sell off some parts and scape metal?

  9. #9
    Senior Member Son of Eevil's Avatar
    Generation
    5th Gen
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New South Wales
    Posts
    976
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphireblue View Post
    Hi Hiru

    Quite a bit is wrong with it - I should have listed the specs in my original post - so here they are:

    83 - auto - 300,000 + kms on it and I believe it is a JDM
    Driver door panel damaged (door opens enough to get in/out)
    Some rust in the "usual places" bottom rear window seal etc
    Rego expired
    Sunroof leaks a little- believe that the channels just need a clean out
    Has been sitting in the garage for 12 months (battery flat because "someone" left the door open)
    Would need new tyres
    ABS not working
    Car was overheating only if idling for long periods (everything checked many times yet no cause found!)
    It's the car in my pic btw.


    I think that's about it
    Sapphire
    If all your wanting to do is get it on the road again.

    Clean your channels out in the sunroof - Free
    Charge your battery or jump start the car - Free
    2nd hand tyres from a dealer/wrecker - $40 a corner
    Abs???????????????????????????????? - $Too much to bother with
    Do a radiator flush and replace your thermo fans. -$100

  10. #10
    Silver Member MattR's Avatar
    Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Si
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    1,277
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Eevil View Post
    If all your wanting to do is get it on the road again.

    Clean your channels out in the sunroof - Free
    Charge your battery or jump start the car - Free
    2nd hand tyres from a dealer/wrecker - $40 a corner
    Abs???????????????????????????????? - $Too much to bother with
    Do a radiator flush and replace your thermo fans. -$100
    then there's the rust, door damage, and don't forget the $600 rego to get it on the road, that price you can't barter down or find cheaper,
    my theory, if your rego is costing you more than your car is worth, then it's time to upgrade

  11. #11
    Junior Member beno205's Avatar
    Generation
    5th Gen
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New South Wales
    Posts
    77
    C defiantly.

    MY BABY 5th GEN VTI-R PRELUDE SOLD.

  12. #12
    QLD Administrator AdReNaLiN's Avatar
    Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    4,083
    Take the good bits off it (let people come round and take bits off and give cash). Then do part c.

  13. #13
    Gold Member Pacman's Avatar
    Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Vti-R
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    2,698
    Trust me, 2nd gen parts are getting hard to find.
    What kind of state is the interior in?
    It's very much worth stripping out.
    Headlights, parkers, indicators. The entire rear light assembly. Interior door cards. Seats.
    All these parts are worth saving if their in good shape. Hell, i'd buy most of them myself if I could afford to pay you and were close enough to pick them up!
    (was the auto box in good working order....?)
    these cars are getting to rear to just scrap it whole.... Please don't do that....!
    http://www.preludeaustralia.com/foru..._view&id=12025
    Link to my garage.^^^^

    When words fail, VTec speaks!

    Quote Originally Posted by EXO8IC View Post
    My car is a twin turbo and has a blow valve with another little valve thing attached which silences that WOOSH (which I HATE) but it makes more of a strange sucking noise which can be heard quite loudly from my vents on the bonnet. It's quite odd...

  14. #14
    Gold Member gumus89's Avatar
    Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTiR
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    2,321
    You know that one of the Z's (zeldrin, zoldrin) did a part out if I remember correctly, and they had shit all hits.
    <a href=http://www.preludeaustralia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42730 target=_blank>http://www.preludeaustralia.com/foru...ad.php?t=42730</a>
    Back to it's former glory... Almost.

  15. #15
    Gold Member Pacman's Avatar
    Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Vti-R
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    2,698
    Quote Originally Posted by gumus89 View Post
    You know that one of the Z's (zeldrin, zoldrin) did a part out if I remember correctly, and they had shit all hits.
    I can't understand this.....

    I had to settle for a cracked and reconstructed front drivers side parker. (from Dave. Thanks mate. Appriciate the effort)

    Anyhow, i've been searching for quality spares everywhere since I got mine.
    http://www.preludeaustralia.com/foru..._view&id=12025
    Link to my garage.^^^^

    When words fail, VTec speaks!

    Quote Originally Posted by EXO8IC View Post
    My car is a twin turbo and has a blow valve with another little valve thing attached which silences that WOOSH (which I HATE) but it makes more of a strange sucking noise which can be heard quite loudly from my vents on the bonnet. It's quite odd...

Similar Threads

  1. 2nd Gen Convertable ;)
    By NoRC in forum First / Second Generation
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 17th August 2007, 08:33 PM
  2. Bolt pattern for 5th gen lude
    By BBSix in forum Fifth Generation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17th August 2005, 06:41 AM
  3. 2nd Gen PCD and offset
    By swcltd in forum First / Second Generation
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11th August 2005, 04:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •