Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Generation
    Other Honda
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Quote Originally Posted by gumus89 View Post
    Mate of mine worked at Beaurepaires. He said that the replacement tyres for the MPS is huge. They use tyres that are common over in Japan, but very rare here. Cost is near $500+ per tyre.
    chances are tho, at that price when the time comes the stock rims will also be replaced and more common tyre profs used beyond that.....

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTiR ATTS
    Thought the MPS and CTR both use 225/40 R18 tyres. Should be able to pick up some F1 ASYM's for ~$400 a corner.

Golf GTI as well as probably others also use the same size tires. Can't be a particularly uncommon size here.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    Quote Originally Posted by SnK- View Post
    looks alright from the front and side but the rear is ugly as...
    the butt is definitely the worse part!....freakin ugly!

btw ur not on ur green P plates are you? i think i saw you. were u driving on copperfield drive, turned onto hume and then turned left onto kings and then into watergardens/train station?

if so, i was in the big green 4wd in front of ya, then u overtook me... lol
    It's Tony!

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTiR
    Just going off what he said.
    Seems like he's wrong though.

Id prefer neither car to be honest. The MPS looks like a girls car just as much as the CTR does.
    <a href=http://www.preludeaustralia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42730 target=_blank>http://www.preludeaustralia.com/foru...ad.php?t=42730</a>
    Back to it's former glory... Almost.

Generation
    Other Honda
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Quote Originally Posted by drsilliez View Post

btw ur not on ur green P plates are you? i think i saw you. were u driving on copperfield drive, turned onto hume and then turned left onto kings and then into watergardens/train station?

stalker much?

from what i hear the best part of the ctr is the inside. dont mind the styling, but for a hatchback not a sports car. but then again i guess technically the civic isnt a sports car, even if its the type r. i saw a 60yo lady driving a ctr the other day.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Quote Originally Posted by drsilliez View Post

yeah im still on my greens, hmmm thats right i was taking the missus shopping and it was hot so i headed for undercover parking lol. LOL i actually remember that 4wd now that you said i had a slight glance at it and saw you looking looking right at me was wondering what you were looking at =p

But yeah there was a car behind you that i was following from copperfield drive dr all the way doing like 40k's and i got sick of it lol.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    Quote Originally Posted by SnK- View Post
    yeah im still on my greens, hmmm thats right i was taking the missus shopping and it was hot so i headed for undercover parking lol. LOL i actually remember that 4wd now that you said i had a slight glance at it and saw you looking looking right at me was wondering what you were looking at =p

But yeah there was a car behind you that i was following from copperfield drive dr all the way doing like 40k's and i got sick of it lol.
    hahah yeap! tht was me, i was tryin to look at who the driver was lol...yeah the car behind me was drivin pretty slow and i saw u overtook it when u turned at the lights onto kings!
    It's Tony!

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Generation
    5th Gen
    haha i see, shame you wasnt driving your lude! would've loved to see your lude. WOoot first time someone spotted me everrr =p

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    Quote Originally Posted by hiru View Post
    i dont understand why the general trend of sports cars has gone from sleek like the preludes/180's/sylvias etc to bubble shaped 'sports cars' like the civic, impreza etc....

not likin the trend..
    The thing is though, there aren't many manufacturers making stand alone sports models anymore. Aside from the likes of Porsches I mean. The only ones I can think of are the Nissan 370Z and Mazda RX8. Practically all other manufacturers have a sports model of an existing car. And while cars like the VW Golf R32 (soon to just be Golf R), Titsusquishi Lancer Evo, even one of my favourites, the BMW M3 are really only loosly based on their cheaper brothers and sisters, (the M3 for example shares the tail lights, rear guards, general silhouette and door handles with the regular 3 series) they're still decended from a more mundane model.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Vti-R
    That in my humble opinion is the hottes lookinh hatch in the world.

But it's still just a hatch.

Bring back the lude.
    http://www.preludeaustralia.com/foru..._view&id=12025
    Link to my garage.^^^^

When words fail, VTec speaks!

Quote Originally Posted by EXO8IC View Post
    My car is a twin turbo and has a blow valve with another little valve thing attached which silences that WOOSH (which I HATE) but it makes more of a strange sucking noise which can be heard quite loudly from my vents on the bonnet. It's quite odd...

Generation
    Non Honda
    I respect that they did build the car to that design but it doesnt change my opinion that its ****ing disgusting

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    Vti-R

Generation
    Other Honda
    Model
    Si 4ws
    didnt tg tdo a review and they said it handles poorly? the eudm version i think?

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTiR
    Its not any faster than the previous CTR according to them. It also has 1hp more.
    <a href=http://www.preludeaustralia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42730 target=_blank>http://www.preludeaustralia.com/foru...ad.php?t=42730</a>
    Back to it's former glory... Almost.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    Si
    Among other things they complained about a lack of independent rear suspension, the seating, addition of weight with the addition of only 1hp, understeer, seating, ride comfort...

Granted that was only the plain type r, not the mugenised version but I'll be surprised if it's hugely better. I would hope they managed to get somewhat more power out of the engine though at least.