View Poll Results: Do you approve of PA naming and shaming dishonest members in the Trading Post forums?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Dishonest members should be named and shamed

58 87.88%
  • No. Naming and Shaming is not the answer.

8 12.12%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si 4ws
    What about items that were bought on good faith saying they were in good condition with no picture provided, yet onced recieved the condition was less then good, i know responsibility does fall onto the buyer to know what they are buying, but going on good faith shouldn't be something to condem the situation
    Always going forward cause i cant find reverse!

http://www.facebook.com/Advancedautodetailing

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    Fantastic...! Another bloody thing to tinker with while i'm driving....
    If I had these, I'd NEVER get the chance to play with my balls at the traffic lights....!

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Vti-R
    Massive yes,
    Been stung here myself. Though I am finally seeming to be getting things sorted out.
    But it would be a job for Brado.
    Each post would have to be backed up with some sort of evidence to the mods before being alowed to go public.
    Perhaps we could put a name on alert before evidence is viewed and a decision made by a mod. This could save someone from making an expensive mistake. If it's upheld. The details released. If not. The accuser is named. Seems like a lot of work. But also seems necessary.
    http://www.preludeaustralia.com/foru..._view&id=12025
    Link to my garage.^^^^

When words fail, VTec speaks!

Quote Originally Posted by EXO8IC View Post
    My car is a twin turbo and has a blow valve with another little valve thing attached which silences that WOOSH (which I HATE) but it makes more of a strange sucking noise which can be heard quite loudly from my vents on the bonnet. It's quite odd...

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTIR
    Quote Originally Posted by J3NOVA View Post
    What about items that were bought on good faith saying they were in good condition with no picture provided, yet onced recieved the condition was less then good, i know responsibility does fall onto the buyer to know what they are buying, but going on good faith shouldn't be something to condem the situation
    With that scenario, I would highly reccomend to anybody, not buying anything unless you have seen some form of decent quality photo or evidence of its condition. Without this, you are definetly taking one hell of a risk.

Even if the seller wasnt deliberately trying to be shady, lets face it. People have a pretty wide idea of what constitutes "excellent condition."
    Project Joan Rivers
    The Old Bitch Gets A Facelift
    Coming Soon!

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Vti-R
    Perhaps the privilage of being able to start a thread should be only given to members who are actually KNOWN in RL to other members.
    Link to my garage.^^^^

My car is a twin turbo and has a blow valve with another little valve thing attached which silences that WOOSH (which I HATE) but it makes more of a strange sucking noise which can be heard quite loudly from my vents on the bonnet. It's quite odd...

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    ^^whats RL?
    It's Tony!

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Vti-R
    Oh c'mon doc....

Real Life
    Link to my garage.^^^^

Generation
    3rd Gen
    i think your suggestion of only premium members being able to to post on the trading section would be a good one

i know that it makes it difficult for sellers traders etc, but at least then people can be tracked

however if it is kept as an open system i do not think that it is too harsh to to name and shame, maybe then some of these sellers will wake the f^%$ to themselves and not screw people around.
    No crap here SR love.

Quote Originally Posted by wittles View Post
    i think brad will need one, but only a small one, and from his pictures he only has a small one.
    Quote Originally Posted by AdReNaLiN View Post
    Rear adjustable is set to max stiffness.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    S
    i'm voting yes. However we should have something that shows someones positive trades also. In the end, its up to the seller to be honest, and provide buyers with all the details, and then its up to the buyer to decide if what they have been told and shown, is enough to base a transaction on. Alot of this is common sense, if there arent clear pictures, or a good description, ask for it, or ask to see things in person. I think alot of responsibility falls on buyers to be on their toes. Dont always believe everything you read on the internet :p

PM me for all your car audio and other miscellaneous installation needs.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Vti-R
    I think the real issue here is when people pay a motivated seller. Then the motivated seller suddenly looses motivation.

Perhaps a more open forum would help. Not as much of the agreements done by PM?

1. Offer an item on forum.
    2. buyer makes an offer in the forum instead of by pm.
    3. vendor either refuses the offer, (back to step 1.). Or accepts the offer.
    4. Bank account details are exchanged by PM.
    5. buyer informs the vendor (and the forum in general) that (and when) the payment has been made.
    6. Vendor tells the buyer (and the forum in general) when the items have been shipped.
    7. buyer notifies the vendor (and the forum in general) when the items arrive, and how happy he is with the condition etc.

This way we see if a vendor we are interested in buying from is performing to an acceptable standard right from the start.

Sure, Someone usually has to go first. But most people selling stuff sell a few smaller items also. Wait till someone buys a pair of indicator repeaters befor ya buy his gear box.

This way you would also be able to get the sellers address from the guy who baught the indicators, for when you take the FRAUD to the police.
    Last edited by Pacman; 11th November 2009 at 12:10 AM.
    Link to my garage.^^^^

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Flying Broomstick
    PA will not be the first or last forum bad trades have taken place.

IMO PA should implement a few restrictions like other forums have done:

- cannot trade if username is under 90 days old
    - must have over 500 postcount
    - picture of item with username on paper
    - if the above criteria has not been met, $20 is charged for 1 year worth of selling
    Last edited by !JonZap!; 11th November 2009 at 10:40 AM.
    Imitation is the best form of flattery

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTiR
    How about you register your details such as address and phone number before you sell?

Dont forget, there is no post count for coming off being a lurker, so a post count is useless. The Moderators supposedly decide when someone can sell.

Monetary charges will deter people who want to sell a small number off items, whereas it will not deter someone about to make a lot more than $20.

But being known in real life by another member would be great way to make sure.
    <a href=http://www.preludeaustralia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42730 target=_blank>http://www.preludeaustralia.com/foru...ad.php?t=42730</a>
    Back to it's former glory... Almost.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Flying Broomstick
    Quote Originally Posted by gumus89 View Post
    Dont forget, there is no post count for coming off being a lurker, so a post count is useless. The Moderators supposedly decide when someone can sell.
    Don't tell me that rubbish, the system works exactly on either postcount, time or both depending what its currently set to. The admin team dont want you to know what the requirements are so that people dont spam the crap out of this forum just because they want to sell something and thats the way it should be. For example: postcount determines if you are a silver member, gold member etc
    Imitation is the best form of flattery

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTiR
    Thats why I added supposedly
    The Mods know if someone is spamming anyway, so they would have to have some control over their transition from lurker to member wouldnt they?
    <a href=http://www.preludeaustralia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42730 target=_blank>http://www.preludeaustralia.com/foru...ad.php?t=42730</a>
    Back to it's former glory... Almost.

Generation
    Non Honda
    As a previous moderator on the site i can tell you it is governed by post count as to when a member is no longer a lurker. 50 posts is the target and obviously they only count in the technical threads so you actually need to contribute to the site before you can sell.

PA needs to either go the whole way or none of it as far as selling is concerned. Either its buyer beware and PA washes their hands of any responsibilities in regards to sales or the mods are directly involved and keeping an eye on it. The former is easier to implement but the latter will actually start to reduce the problem sellers.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Vti-R
    Quote Originally Posted by wittles View Post
    i think your suggestion of only premium members being able to to post on the trading section would be a good one

i know that it makes it difficult for sellers traders etc, but at least then people can be tracked

however if it is kept as an open system i do not think that it is too harsh to to name and shame, maybe then some of these sellers will wake the f^%$ to themselves and not screw people around.
    Oh go and buy a can of spray paint! LOL
    Link to my garage.^^^^