View Poll Results: Do you approve of PA naming and shaming dishonest members in the Trading Post forums?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Dishonest members should be named and shamed

58 87.88%
  • No. Naming and Shaming is not the answer.

8 12.12%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTIR

Naming And Shaming Abusers Of Trading Post Forums!!!

Hello All,

Please vote on our poll as to whether you feel Prelude Australia should "name and shame" people who abuse the terms of service for our Trading Post forums on Prelude Australia.

The system would be strictly controlled by Staff only, but viewable to all members, and would "name and shame" members who agree to buy things and dont pay, or members who have sold items, been paid but not delivered the item promised.

This may also include members who deliver items which are inferior or different to that promised in their "For Sale/Swap" thread. Your opinion would be gratefully appreciated.
    Project Joan Rivers
    The Old Bitch Gets A Facelift
    Coming Soon!

Generation
    Non Honda
    Yeah but it would have to be carefully controlled, ie any problems looked into my moderators as its easy for someone to not have a clear idea of the quality of the item they're buying.

Anything that protects both the seller and buyer is good but there needs to be close scrunity of it to make sure it isnt abused.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTECYO
    1 vote yes, think its a good idea

New Formula Red 2000 S2k 5zigen cat back Mu Secret CF Bonnet 2" drop on kings
    Wed Sport Racing Wheels Mugen SS Wing

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    yes....
    It's Tony!

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTi-R
    I am still all in favour of a trader rating similar to what OzHonda uses. It achieves a similar result without the mods and admins needing to keep such a close eye on threads that name people to extinguish the flare-ups that will inevitably result.

A trader system will bring bad traders to the attention of other members in a far clearer, easier to see format.

Having said that, I'm voting "yes" because although I don't totally, agree, something has to be done and this is better than doing nothing. Whatever you decide on Brad, you have my support.
    AMPERAGE

Generation
    Other Honda
    Model
    Si 4ws
    wow that was quick! yes indeedy.

of course, no doubt, the ToS would still contain the disclaimer "PA bears no responsibility for transactions etc..." right?

Generation
    Other Honda
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Quote Originally Posted by AMPERAGE View Post
    I am still all in favour of a trader rating similar to what OzHonda uses. It achieves a similar result without the mods and admins needing to keep such a close eye on threads that name people to extinguish the flare-ups that will inevitably result.

A trader system will bring bad traders to the attention of other members in a far clearer, easier to see format.

Having said that, I'm voting "yes" because although I don't totally, agree, something has to be done and this is better than doing nothing. Whatever you decide on Brad, you have my support.
    the problem i have heard with the trader rating system on ozhonda is that the users still abuse it. so perhaps if that route does get explored, and the abuse pops up here (which i highly doubt, but IF) user ratings would need to be moderated? which would increase the burden on mods/admin again anyway?

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si
    i vote yes , i am still waiting on parts its been nearly a month since i payed for it

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si-Vtec
    I agree that some level of trading status is a good idea but allowing only premium members access to sell I don't think is a good idea. Some items only pop up from non-premium members and how is anyone else supposed to find out what they have? Forcing people to pay to be able to sell is a bad idea, not to mention what about the buyer's rating? Are they a good buyer or not? A feedback system is a much better idea, with a section to be able to write something about the transaction like ebay.

In any case, buyers who pay for an unreceived item should know their rights. Everyone should keep in mind that you can ring your bank and get them to reverse a transaction for unreceived goods. We all know it's a risk to buy and sell on here. It is not ebay with 'protection', it's common sense. Know where you stand before you take the plunge in buying.

In the end, I vote yes for a trader rating type system, not just a list of names.
    Want to see my car? Click here!

Model
    Si-TCV
    14 - 0. lets keep it up
    04' Euro Luxury
    89' Prelude Si-TCV - crème de la crème of Prelude's
    PM me if you're interested in buying it.

Generation
    Other Honda
    Model
    Si 4ws
    Quote Originally Posted by JSpec View Post
    In any case, buyers who pay for an unreceived item should know their rights. Everyone should keep in mind that you can ring your bank and get them to reverse a transaction for unreceived goods. We all know it's a risk to buy and sell on here. It is not ebay with 'protection', it's common sense. Know where you stand before you take the plunge in buying.
    are you sure about this? i highly doubt it since you could get the goods, claim you didnt and get ur money back. that would leave the bank liable.

Generation
    Non Honda
    ^^^You have some amount of time, i believe its 3 or 5 days or something where by you can reverse a transaction however for posted items thats not really helpful.

Generation
    4th Gen
    Model
    Si-Vtec
    Quote Originally Posted by hiru View Post
    are you sure about this? i highly doubt it since you could get the goods, claim you didnt and get ur money back. that would leave the bank liable.
    Quote Originally Posted by egotzm View Post
    ^^^You have some amount of time, i believe its 3 or 5 days or something where by you can reverse a transaction however for posted items thats not really helpful.
    Yep, I have done this before. I gave them all the evidence that I didn't get it, like emails saying where is my package, the seller telling me stuff etc etc. They then look into it all and contact the seller via bank details to find out whats going on. This was over a month after I had paid for the item.
    Want to see my car? Click here!

Generation
    4th Gen
    Naming and shaming... sounds a bit full on, maybe something more like a buy/sell ranking system? (i.e. what AMPERAGE said)

Quote Originally Posted by JSpec View Post
    Yep, I have done this before. I gave them all the evidence that I didn't get it, like emails saying where is my package, the seller telling me stuff etc etc. They then look into it all and contact the seller via bank details to find out whats going on. This was over a month after I had paid for the item.
    Interesting, that's good to know...
    Last edited by rez; 10th November 2009 at 10:45 AM.

Generation
    5th Gen
    Model
    VTEC
    In knowing you Brad, I am sure a system where by an investigation can be made, all aspect of evidence share on a moderator page and only be able to be edited and share by moderators...

But i am for it!
    PIMPOLGY

GLOWRIDAZ